• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Need help with new 60hp injectors from DAP

Just got new 60hp DAP injectors and got them installed, blead the lines and fired it up. Right of the batt truck ran like crap, poor throttle response and some hissing sound from exhoust. Then I went to turn it off and it won't turn off, took the key out of ignition and it ran until I taped accelerator pedal, and then it shut off. Never had this happen before and not sure what causes this bad injectors or something else. Ran great before the swap. Did everything exact same way that I did last week when I cleaned my original injectors that I thought were 100hp until I pled them out and relized that they were stock, so I decided to go with 60hp for better mpg and power, and now I got this. Any help is apprisiated.

Do you have a programmer on your truck? I saw one that acted similar to yours and it turned out his programmer was to blame. Also check ALL electrical connections that are anywhere close to where you were working.

Do you have a programmer on your truck? I saw one that acted similar to yours and it turned out his programmer was to blame. Also check ALL electrical connections that are anywhere close to where you were working.

I have qwadzila, already triple checked all connections, the only thing that I'm thinking of now is I might of put 2 vacuum lines on backwards for my bd exhoust break and it might be on all the time, that would explain hissing and bad response but not sure why it would not shut off. I will check it all out again tomorrow and update this. I hope it's not injectors and all it is is my stupidity.

Yes...

If you...

• Disconnect the batteries
  • Disconnect the ECM
  • Disconnect the APPS sensor

Does the Timbo apps need recalibration. I had read somewhere that it did not need re calibration. I have not done mine in a while with no ill effects.

Everyone thank you for quick response with good points. It was exhaust break hooked backwards, and that explains all the issues I had. It wouldn't shut off because egts were to high with it closed. I did recalibrate apps just in case. Starts up great runs even better, took it for a short drive seems that it doesn't rattle as much like valves are out of adjustment, as soon as I get a chance I will tow something and see if random miss under load is gone.

P.s. it doesn't seem to be any more powerful but not sure yet. It was hard to tell if holes were any bigger in nozzles, my old ones had 8 and these have 7. But at least I know what's in there now.

Everyone thank you for quick response with good points. It was exhaust break hooked backwards, and that explains all the issues I had. It wouldn't shut off because egts were to high with it closed. I did recalibrate apps just in case. Starts up great runs even better, took it for a short drive seems that it doesn't rattle as much like valves are out of adjustment, as soon as I get a chance I will tow something and see if random miss under load is gone.

P.s. it doesn't seem to be any more powerful but not sure yet. It was hard to tell if holes were any bigger in nozzles, my old ones had 8 and these have 7. But at least I know what's in there now.

Yeah, I imagine that hooking up the exhaust brake backwards would make it run poorly.  :doh:

Yes...

If you...

• Disconnect the batteries
  • Disconnect the ECM
  • Disconnect the APPS sensor

Oh man~   I  learned  something today!

....... I've  been  running  after  dead battery  recharge  most of the winter...  Plus   a  couple  times  of  having the  batteries  disconnected for various repairs!

Haven't  had  any codes  thrown however..    which  is  fine by me!

So,  in  theory,   this  tells  the  'computer'  what  the  foot  pedal 'limits'  are?   (idle and  WOT)?      

lethargic or agressive pedal would present themselves. Erratic shifting could also appear. It really doesn't take long & insures a proper running truck.

That said, I have the TIMBO. I did have the batteries disconnected for over an hour. I reconnected them & checked the TPS% on my Quad for giggles & it was spot on. I still disconnected the batteries for another 45 minutes & recalibrated, but I am slightly anal about the truck running right.

Ed

lethargic or agressive pedal would present themselves. Erratic shifting could also appear. It really doesn't take long & insures a proper running truck.

That said, I have the TIMBO. I did have the batteries disconnected for over an hour. I reconnected them & checked the TPS% on my Quad for giggles & it was spot on. I still disconnected the batteries for another 45 minutes & recalibrated, but I am slightly anal about the truck running right.

Ed

I like my truck running right also. I have re calibrated mine many times after disconnecting the batteries, but occasionally have forgotten to. I have never noticed anything different when I forgot to, thats why I asked. I have had erratic shifting but I think I have to blame my self for that. :whistle:

• Owner

Oh man~   I  learned  something today!

....... I've  been  running  after  dead battery  recharge  most of the winter...  Plus   a  couple  times  of  having the  batteries  disconnected for various repairs!

Haven't  had  any codes  thrown however..    which  is  fine by me!

So,  in  theory,   this  tells  the  'computer'  what  the  foot  pedal 'limits'  are?   (idle and  WOT)?      

That's all it does is let the ECM/PCM see the idle to WOT limits and store them that's all.

• Like 1