• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Cameras... What are you using?

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Well as for myself. I started out with a simple pen camera a long time ago which was nothing more than 0.3 Megapixel. Dumb thing only cost me like $30 bucks this was like years ago. Then back when I started the web site I purchased a bit better camera which I've used for over 10 years now to bring all my photos to the web site. It's a Fuji FinePix A205 which I've got a massive 256 MB xD Picture Card. So here in the next few day is my birthday... Yea... I'm going to be 44 years old as of October 26. I finally decided to upgrade cameras now. I've now got Fuji FinePix HS30 EXR. So I'm wonder what you all are shooting pictures with...

So here is what I had...

41Z7037S9CL.jpg

To now what I'll be using...

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/s/finepix_hs30exr/

301809-fujifilm-x-s1.jpg

Nice!  You will love it.  Those are fun little cameras.  

I am shooting a Canon 70D with a 18-55 and 55-250.  I also use my S4 phone a lot... and it does surprisingly well sometimes. 

Edited by CSM
  • Like 1

• Owner

Nice!  You will love it.  Those are fun little cameras.  

I am shooting a Canon 70D with a 18-55 and 55-250.  I also use my S4 phone a lot... and it does surprisingly well sometimes. 

I might have to pick your brain and get a few pointers for shooting pictures. You've got a heck of a camera as well

Canon-70D-Flash-Up.jpg

20140313T022425.jpg

Here is my camera, and phone. Takes good pictures! I'm not a photo guy, yet, and if my phone can't produce the images I want for my bee stuff, then maybe I will spend the money on a dedicated camera. But its just too easy having a camera on the phone.

I might have to pick your brain and get a few pointers for shooting pictures. You've got a heck of a camera as well

Canon-70D-Flash-Up.jpg

Thanks, Mike.  I don't know if I can help you, but sure!  Honestly I just read some, then go try stuff... Experience and trial and error with my equipment seems to be working sofar.  I'm not an expert on much, I just love having photos and video of stuff since my memory sucks.  :doh:

• Owner

MoparMom was the one that got me to buy the first camera which began the adventure in web site development and the birth of www.mopar1973man.com. Well after 10 years of service my old Fuji FinePix served me well so it was kind of a shocker to hit a camera shop and find out that the shop suggested another Fuji FinePix again just a updated version. So now I can do wildlife photos now that where impossible to do with the old Fuji. Just didn't have the zoom to get the job done. Now with the new Fuji I've been experimenting with lighting,  close ups, zoom,and combinations of things and wow! What a difference. No longer have to stuff a camera down in a dark hole and hope the flash and focus can do the job. Now I can stand back zoom in and all the features of the camera are aiding in producing a OK picture. Of course auto everything is just going to get you by. But I'm impressed with the power of the camera.

• Like 1

We bought a cheapo Samsung WB150F a few years back while on vacation to replace our Cannon that went in the drink. The original intent was to just pass it on down to the kids but we have liked it so much we decided to just keep it and use it. It was a third of what we paid for the previous camera and IMO puts out every bit the same quality, although in fairness the Cannon was somewhat dated.  Also has built in wifi which is a nice bonus. We bought a shock proof/water proof case and it is ideal to take along on camping/hiking trips and when we go fourwheeling. It's no professional camera but for the price it can't be beat.

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/samsung_wb150f_review/

This is what I use. It takes pretty decent pictures.....

20120614T020754.jpg

Tom, go to Samsung site, download their Kies program and do it wirelessly. I do and it's great. As long as the phone is about 20 feet from the computer, why bring it in the room ?

• Owner

Just for fun I hauled out this even shot a quick bit of video in 640x480 29 fps.

I could of cranked it up in HD mode and really sucked up the memory card. But I wanted to see what good old 640x480 would do. It would give me 2 hours of video time and reduce the file size of the video. It's a bit grainy after YouTube process again but that what its all about doing test runs right?

• 3 weeks later...

Here is mine.  The one and only that I have used for all these years.  Bolted under my truck, stuck in front of the turbo, to hell and back in a handbasket of grease.   Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS.   Best damn camera in the world.  Still works perfectly fine.  

post-44-0-13426800-1416288736_thumb.jpg

post-44-0-02194700-1416288767_thumb.jpg