• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Teardown and Rebuild

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I see someone has the Ford squat problem... LOL

This trailer is just going to be used around the farm, so not an issue.

The gooseneck makes her sit nice and level, so not an issue :thumbup2: 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gentlemen, If you've got an open element filter and are using a plastic bag to keep the water out, make sure to take the plastic bag off of the filter BEFORE you try and start the truck. There goes $50 smh

IMG_20160630_222832367_zpsawqpme1f.jpg

Edited by TFaoro
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, leathermaneod said:

Sorry to see that dude. At least I'm not the only one who has a brain fart now and then lol

Stupid mistake... Here's how the night went: "Man it's 11:00pm here.... that truck sure looks dirty though.... Screw it I'm washing it!"

Edited by TFaoro

• Owner
6 hours ago, TFaoro said:

Gentlemen, If you've got an open element filter and are using a plastic bag to keep the water out, make sure to take the plastic bag off of the filter BEFORE you try and start the truck. There goes $50 smh

I never bother to cover my filter with a plastic bag. I just spray around the filter and attempt to keep it from getting wet. Afterwards if I have got it wet, I just leave the hood open on a 90-100*F degree day its dry in no time at all. Sorry Tyler for you misfortune still not as a bad as feeding a turbo a hose clamp.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

27 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I never bother to cover my filter with a plastic bag. I just spray around the filter and attempt to keep it from getting wet. Afterwards if I have got it wet, I just leave the hood open on a 90-100*F degree day its dry in no time at all. Sorry Tyler for you misfortune still not as a bad as feeding a turbo a hose clamp.

You're right, it could have been worse! I usually power wash at the gas station because our pressure washer at home has too much pressure for paint (4,200 psi). So I make sure to keep the filter dry while washing.

• Owner
5 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

I usually power wash at the gas station because our pressure washer at home has too much pressure for paint (4,200 psi).

Typically there is a black knob that says "Regulator <-  down or up ->" I would just turn it down to a level that is acceptable.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwlQGjoyE-aRR4UI0Hv

Edited by Mopar1973Man

6 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Typically there is a black knob that says "Regulator <-  down or up ->" I would just turn it down to a level that is acceptable.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwlQGjoyE-aRR4UI0Hv

There is one, but I have no idea where to set it. I know it's cranked way up to clean the farm equipment, so I don't know where to set it. Soap works really well to get things clean too, and afaik it's not made to suck in any soap.

• Owner
23 hours ago, TFaoro said:

There is one, but I have no idea where to set it. I know it's cranked way up to clean the farm equipment, so I don't know where to set it. Soap works really well to get things clean too, and afaik it's not made to suck in any soap.

Turn it down till your comfortable with the spray pressure. Soap feature on some pump require a soap nozzle like mine has a high volume soap nozzle.

• Like 1

Quick question...how are you liking the 5" exhaust after hauling with it? I'm pulling one off an 01' my uncle just picked up and debating sticking it on mine

20 hours ago, notlimah said:

Lookin good Tyler!

What bumper is that?

PM sent :thumbup2:

23 minutes ago, BBHD said:

Quick question...how are you liking the 5" exhaust after hauling with it? I'm pulling one off an 01' my uncle just picked up and debating sticking it on mine

For me it's awesome. Quiet in the cab, no drone, and has the deep Cummins note. I think the only reason it's this way is because of the two turbos. If it's a straight pipe you're going to at least want a resonator, if not more. They can be horrible to drive at highway speeds and you can count out towing on some trucks. 

• Like 1

resonator is a must.  I like mine, but it was awful straight piped.  

i still get drone from time to time, but the drone that bothers me is the resonance that is periodic wwwwOoooRrrrmmmm....  WwwwwOOOOOrrrrmmmMmmm....  periodic happens on occasion at low power settings on a hot day around town.  

the regular drone is pretty much like being on a turboprop and is mainly fatiguing.  

• Like 1

• Staff
On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 6:40 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Turn it down till your comfortable with the spray pressure. Soap feature on some pump require a soap nozzle like mine has a high volume soap nozzle.

Yep, these guys on here told me to use a lower pressure tip and what do you know..... soap was all over the place :thumb1:

Thanks for the sound effects CSM, I had to pronounce each letter to make sure I understand and got it right :thumbup2:

• Like 1

On July 3, 2016 at 8:49 PM, CSM said:

resonator is a must.  I like mine, but it was awful straight piped.  

i still get drone from time to time, but the drone that bothers me is the resonance that is periodic wwwwOoooRrrrmmmm....  WwwwwOOOOOrrrrmmmMmmm....  periodic happens on occasion at low power settings on a hot day around town.  

the regular drone is pretty much like being on a turboprop and is mainly fatiguing.  

How is it towing? 

5 minutes ago, notlimah said:

How is it towing? 

What?  haha. Not really that bad, but conversations kinda suck unless you speak at a full volume.  Mumblers will not be heard.  I may use my flying bose headset, as the stereo just doesn't cut the exhaust at 2000 rpm and 20 psi for 10 hours. 

The drone sounds pretty much like a couple T56 turbines under a helmet without ear plugs, which may be why it doesn't bother me as much as some folks. The drone at 1100 rpm to 1300rpm is that annoying sound like when the props are out of sync.  

Edited by CSM