• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tepee Fire

We are calm & peaceful inside as we deal with this fire.  We're both doing what we need to do each day.  Michael has the fireline and I have the home front.  We don't see very much os one another and have limited time to talk.  Michael came in at 9pm last night and he was asleep by 9:30.  We're up at 5am and he is on the fireline by 6:30.  There are people that are listening to emergency scanners & causing all sorts of rumors/gossip that really does not help our firefighters.  Refugees from Kamish & Koostie,Id., fires are being brought into Riggins & New Meadows, Id.  If & when I have to leave for New Meadows if the fire advances in this direction...I'll be helping with the relocation of these refugees.  Right now I'm trying to find out how many people are in wheelchairs, or will need EMS assistance.  Getting names of people that will help in the moving.  We may be small communities....but we come together when the need arises.  Michael & I have the strongest faith in Our Lord....this faith grows even stronges when put to the test.  Say some prayers for us and hold us in your hearts.  Apples are falling off the trees and the deer are eating them and drinking from the pond....see how God provides!!  Gotta get dressed & outside to clear some more of the ridge behind the house.  Weed wacking is getting to be a landscape art for me....Love Moparom

• Like 3

Thanks for the updates moparmom ( one of these days I need to get your name haha).

Prayers are with you guys.   fire can cause huge devastation in our eyes.   We had a fire back 10 years ago in a remote area of the San De Cristo mountain range that burned up a ton of land.  Number of people came close to loosing their homes.  I gotta say though, 10 years later the area that was burned up now is full of life and new growth.  Hands down one of the prettier places to be.  

Anyways Hope everyone stays safe.   

Nick

• Like 2

• Owner

Another long day of work driving the 4,000 gallon tender, filling fold-a-tanks, setting up sprinklers, laying out hoses you name it.

post-1-0-14778700-1440038307_thumb.jpg post-1-0-10081600-1440038641_thumb.jpg

(Pictures of the fold-a-tank, crew, my crewman is David in the orange hard hat...)

I'm now been doing the the roll of crew boss for our crew. Fire Chief has been busy doing evacuation duties and dealing with other administration duties in base camp for our crew. So I'm spend a part of my day training a few newbies in the crew. Quite the task taking care of the all the things that need to be done. Like MoparMom had said I'm up early and out the door. Then get home at 9pm typically and hitting the rack exhausted. Not much you can do about thing other than delegate task to crew members and spread the work loads.

• Like 2

Wild land firefighting is under appreciated. Three fire fighters died this month in WA and others have been hurt.

Being burned to death is a rough way to go. I believe they were 20, 25, and 31 years old.

• Like 1

• Owner

How far away is the fire from your place, Mike? Is it traveling toward you?

Currently its runs south towards New Meadows. At end of shift today we will be packing out all truck and equipment. It will be nice to have a bit of down time. ;-) Its been nice to have some WiFi time to on the scene. I'm ready to go home.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update Son!  Passed the word to the locals who are asking about you.  Jag, the mountains are still beautiful & a river is running through it......we're just pretty smoky, but we're still safe & sound.  We've been very blessed by God & He has His arms around us.  Love Rosalie, Mopar's Mom

• Like 2