• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New truck!!

Need some feedback real quick guys! Officially unpacked and got the FASS pump dressed up with all the fittings and what not, only to realize I have a dent on the bottom on the fuel filter. Is this enough to warrant a new one or am I good to go?! 

image.jpeg.c76f3cb62c3ff7247c82af8a898e0image.jpeg.a8103e4cde35343fd456536d241beimage.jpeg.ca429bb00473b31256122ed05f7e6

I'm already looking for local replacements if neccesary. 

• Staff

That's the pump I'm going with next after my Air Dog goes bad. I'll get it without the filters since I have a Racor pre filter.

Looks like there are very few problems with Fass and that's good

Edited by JAG1

• Staff
On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 7:08 PM, notlimah said:

image.jpeg.5f554ef3d376a45eedb0eca24a7f2

It wasn't a huge problem, and my fault but set me back enough that I killed all my remekning daylight. So tomorrow I'm hoping to get the FASS wiring and tubing done tomorrow and should make good headway on the gauge install as well. I'm not planning on teeing into the stock fuel filter and I don't need to cut the filler tube so I'm hoping that saves some time. 

Anyways, more to come!

There is a way to make your own terminals that are much stronger. You can make them out of copper tubing yourself if you have a bench vise.

• Staff
5 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

for what it is worth, My pureflow pump is doing great.  Hasn't missed a beat since it was installed 2 years ago.  

I think the model number is FP-125 from http://www.pureflowtechnologies.com/

Thanks Nick.... my AD100  has been flawless for about 5 years now. Notice some weakness when hauling heavy running up hill. I think they have gotten over the problem with fuel getting into the electric motor.

To clearify,

pureflow does not = airdog, two different companies, airdog pays for the right to build pureflow pumps for light duty trucks.

After talking with the pureflow owner, the license holder for the airdog,  he told me that airdog changed the design without getting approval from pureflow.  That is where the issues came from, pureflow required them to go to the 4g series pump, which is a pureflow design.   Once the 4g pumps got out there a lot of the issues went away, but there are still a TON of faulty pumps floating around here and there.

Still cheeses me off that airdog never gave a "hey we're sorry we screwed a bunch of you over" speech.  but oh well, I don't have to worry about being left on the side of the road anymore thanks to pureflow.  They were beyond awesome to work with throughout the issue.  

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 1

• Owner
6 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

To clearify,

pureflow does not = airdog, two different companies, airdog pays for the right to build pureflow pumps for light duty trucks.

After talking with the pureflow owner, the license holder for the airdog,  he told me that airdog changed the design without getting approval from pureflow.  That is where the issues came from, pureflow required them to go to the 4g series pump, which is a pureflow design.   Once the 4g pumps got out there a lot of the issues went away, but there are still a TON of faulty pumps floating around here and there.

Still cheeses me off that airdog never gave a "hey we're sorry we screwed a bunch of you over" speech.  but oh well, I don't have to worry about being left on the side of the road anymore thanks to pureflow.  They were beyond awesome to work with throughout the issue.  

I've also had the same conversation with the owner of Pureflow.

If I go to replace my 10 year old Airdog 150 I would most likely spend the money with Eric @ Vulcan Performance for a second AirDog 150.

• Like 1

• Staff

Somehow I got the impression they were the same company called Pureflow and that 'AirDog' was the name of the pump. Thanks for the clarification.

How would you make sure that you did not get one with the flawed design? I guess Eric would know :thumb1:

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

I don't think anyone knows honestly.  Airdog either does know when group of serial numbers has the issues or they are unwilling to release the numbers to us.  

I THINK, take that with a grain of salt, that any 4G pump should not suffer from that issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I've also had the same conversation with the owner of Pureflow.

If I go to replace my 10 year old Airdog 150 I would most likely spend the money with Eric @ Vulcan Performance for a second AirDog 150.

If it weren't for the skepticism over the Airdog systems, I would've done the same. I'd go out of my way to support guys like Eric in our industry but to me there wasn't enough certainty in that system to justify going with them.

On 2/29/2016 at 8:16 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Silly quote tree I cant figure out how to delete

I had an early model airdog and it ran fine, but I like the additional heft of the fass.

I like eric, no doubt, but I hate the way airdog has treated their customers with their craptastic run of bad pumps.  

I have never had a problem with the mounting location of my fass either in front of the tire... Colder, mabe, but no problems so far.  It also is high enough to be clear of the body and well above the frame rails.

Edited by CSM

Yea I did a mock up mount last night to get a visual of how things would look and I think it'll clear everything and it'd be out of the way of the tire spray. Hoping to get the FASS and gauges installed today and finally be able to drive the truck again!

I put the ADII 165 on mine about 6 years ago. About 8 months ago it started popping fuses. AD sent me a new one with few questions asked and it has run fine since. If I read the sticker on it right it had a build date of late 2014. Just still have that nagging thought about them in my head.

Alright well I made some headway tonight but started a lot later then planned so I lost day light pretty quick and the weather wasn't the greatest. Needless to say I don't have pics for now. 

But the pump lines are layed out in the truck how I like them, just need zip ties. FASS is mounted and looks pretty good I think. All that's left is to put the new jic fittings into the VP. Then it's on to gauges. 

I'm thinking of running this setup for my fuel pressure gauge. This is how I want to tap into the fuel line. 

image.jpeg.95bce706e8cd5696e34eac7f618ae

Whatduya guys think? Will it work? My idea behind this is to mount the needle valve in a more conviniant spot. Since I'm not using the stock fuel filter housing I figured I'd try mounting somewhere that works better for me in case I have an emergency shut off situation.

Pics coming soon and more to come! 

14 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I would of mounted the needle valve right at the tap point. Now when that hose failed your going to be stuck with ZERO way to shut down the fuel.

But how often does hose fail?  there is a lot of hose in his fuel system before it gets to that tee.