• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Morning Pic For Today...........Post A Pic around your place.....

JAG1

• Owner

Pictures from around here huh...

What I did was load up the ATV in the back of the truck and drove to Riggins, ID. Unloaded and fuelled up the ATV. Then rode from Riggins, ID to the top of Coldspring Mountain where the repeater is. The picture below is of the Seven Devils Mountain range which is the highest point in the area at over 9,000 feet. As you'll see it's still got some snow. The temperature up here was very cool almost cold enough to wear a light jacket. 

0716161219.jpg

After travelling around on top of the ridge for about 2 hours I left and start back down to the valley floor toward Riggins. Still early in the afternoon I took off and headed toward the Salmon River Road. Here is one year later of the Teepee Springs Fire where is was completely smoked out. 

0716161508.jpg

One year earlier...

160c6ls.jpg

Then the Manning Bridge project. Time to update from the old bridge to something better. So they are working on the rock face to the left of the crane trying to create a footer for the new bridge.

0716161520a.jpg

All I can say is I got fried down here. Extremely hot and got sunburnt for the day. So in one day on a ATV I've been from the freezer and back to the blazing heat. Travelled close to hundred miles on a ATV.

• Like 3

Is that a wooden suspension bridge in the last photo? I remember when I was a kid there were alot of wooden bridges all around on the back roads. We used to go down to Social Circle GA to see my Aunt and Uncle and all the bridges around there were wooden. I remember hearing the boards slap together when riding over them.

• Owner
28 minutes ago, dripley said:

Is that a wooden suspension bridge in the last photo? I remember when I was a kid there were alot of wooden bridges all around on the back roads. We used to go down to Social Circle GA to see my Aunt and Uncle and all the bridges around there were wooden. I remember hearing the boards slap together when riding over them.

Here is a bit of history and news on the bridge...

http://magicvalley.com/news/local/fight-over-little-known-salmon-river-bridge-highlights-ccc-s/article_e1ac09fe-85e0-594e-889f-85b9a4d6ba4f.html

9 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Pictures from around here huh...

What I did was load up the ATV in the back of the truck and drove to Riggins, ID. Unloaded and fuelled up the ATV. Then rode from Riggins, ID to the top of Coldspring Mountain where the repeater is. The picture below is of the Seven Devils Mountain range which is the highest point in the area at over 9,000 feet. As you'll see it's still got some snow. The temperature up here was very cool almost cold enough to wear a light jacket. 

0716161219.jpg

After travelling around on top of the ridge for about 2 hours I left and start back down to the valley floor toward Riggins. Still early in the afternoon I took off and headed toward the Salmon River Road. Here is one year later of the Teepee Springs Fire where is was completely smoked out. 

0716161508.jpg

One year earlier...

160c6ls.jpg

Then the Manning Bridge project. Time to update from the old bridge to something better. So they are working on the rock face to the left of the crane trying to create a footer for the new bridge.

0716161520a.jpg

All I can say is I got fried down here. Extremely hot and got sunburnt for the day. So in one day on a ATV I've been from the freezer and back to the blazing heat. Travelled close to hundred miles on a ATV.

I'd love to come visit that area one day,

• Owner

You'll have to ask JAG1 if he'll give up his parking spot in the yard... :whistle2:

Seriously if you make it up here I can show you lots of old time history. There is old mining sites like Florence, ID and historic places all over the place out here. You can spend days just traveling back into some of the old towns. Some are still active with small population but very very remote. Most remote town in Idaho is Yellow Pine, ID. There is all kind of neat things to see.

• Like 1

• Staff

My spot is available as long as you can clean up the beer cans from last time.

Visiting there there is a bit like going back in time. Sort a like the rest of the world has spun by for years.

Pics make me wish I did not sell my ATV so I could do the 100 with you.

• Like 1

• Owner
1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

My spot is available as long as you can clean up the beer cans from last time.

I did, I threw them back in the bed of your truck remember? :whistle2:

1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

Visiting there there is a bit like going back in time. Sort a like the rest of the world has spun by for years.

Time continues to creep by here like some didn't wind the watch up very well. Even MoparMom and myself are shocked at the amount of old building that are in bad condition.  Structures left to stand as a testament of time. There is secret homes I going to stop and take pictures of. It is an abandoned home but well hidden from the public. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

You'll have to ask JAG1 if he'll give up his parking spot in the yard... :whistle2:

Seriously if you make it up here I can show you lots of old time history. There is old mining sites like Florence, ID and historic places all over the place out here. You can spend days just traveling back into some of the old towns. Some are still active with small population but very very remote. Most remote town in Idaho is Yellow Pine, ID. There is all kind of neat things to see.

The wife and I would love to do something like that. 

• Staff

And the folks around there are nice... treat you like family wherever you go.

Another morning pic..... Outside of our kit style log home we built. Just like Lincoln Logs.

IMG_0625.JPG

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

• Owner

If I can even make it up to "Freight Landing" there is a real log cabin. Not much left the history is it was a old fir trappers cabin. This cabin gives new meaning to log cabin. Strange but true I worked with a log home company here for a summer. Assembled two homes old styled hand hued. One was in Yellow Pine, Idaho and the other was in Twin Falls, Idaho. Even those log homes are way different than a kit log home.

• Staff

Yeah... hand crafted log homes are very nice. I priced them and found just the shell cost what my kit home cost completed. 3 kids in a single wide mobile was crowded and the wife is saying just do the kit and it will be fine. We were lucky enough to get the property and be able to do it.

Be nice to get a metal detector going around that old fur trappers cabin.