• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Morning Pic For Today...........Post A Pic around your place.....

JAG1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is nicely done. The upper section is framed mostly from tubular steel. The roof frame is an old trampoline frame. From upper deck to the bed is all 2x6 and plywood. He told the whole thing only weighed 500 lbs. I sure would hate to get caught in crosswind going down the highway though. It is as tall as my 5th wheel. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner
1 minute ago, Dieselfuture said:

all the extra safe drivers were out

As they panic at 25 MPH in 65 MPH speed zone. Out here it's laughable I find all the oversized tire and lifted Ford's out running around and only rolling 30 to 35 MPH in 65 MPH zone because they have no traction and unstable. I buzz right around them and keep on hauling a comfortable 55 to 60 MPH. The funny part, I rarely ever use my 4WD. Most of my highway travels in 2WD only.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

As they panic at 25 MPH in 65 MPH speed zone

That's pretty much the exact scenario this morning, lots of trucks and SUVs in the clean lane going about 35, I have my cruise set at 65 in snowy lane. Funny part is if it was still snowing the lane I was in would be considered the good lane. 

I usually check road conditions every once in awhile when driving, when I feel safe I'll push brakes hard just to see what will happen and how much traction I'm getting same on taking off, that way I can judge my distance and speed from that.

• Like 1

• Owner

Something I'll pass along to you.

Go out and find a safe place to go play in the snow. Parking lots, large field, etc. I'm not saying high speeds but build enough speed and then to hard turns or hard stops and then try to correct out of it. Get used to the feeling of the truck gliding, the feeling of the point of G-force it takes to break free to start sliding. Now every start of winter I go do this and it pays off every year. Now when the truck starts to give way or slide a bit no surprise to me I know the limitations and how just a light correction can make it track straight again. I've had my truck start to whip the rear end on a corner with ever so slight correction and a light change of throttle she straightens right up. MoparMom looked at me and said, "You handled that like a Pro!" as she was gripping the "oh crap" handle tightly. 

That is where 90% of people get in trouble is the feeling of the vehicle breaking free and gliding on the road surface and the first thing they do is stomp on the brakes in a panic trying to stop the wild ride which is now set in motion till the vehicle comes to a true stop now. Now if the fear doesn't set in your mind will react accordingly and correct the problem before its issue. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1