• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Morning Pic For Today...........Post A Pic around your place.....

JAG1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, IBMobile said:

Number of times I've shoveled snow from my driveway

1892124615_animated-smileys-occupations-0851.gif.63003b85639985f18f685fbdccb2133e.gif

NEVER

Me neither. I just mash it down with the truck and then put the wifes car where I park. The fun part for her is they dont plow the road I live on.It did quit snowing about noon. Warmed a little above freezing and them dropping below overnight. The roads will be a pain in the am.

On 12/9/2018 at 9:28 AM, dripley said:

We got our first snow this year. Got about 7" on the ground and it is supposed to snow all day then freezing rain on Monday. 20181209_091845.jpg.10a99357a3d9bc6a926c8aad314614fb.jpg20181209_091833.jpg.e3a108699978fc384974e94fa0164516.jpg

We ended up with 12". Spent my morning plowing snow with my tires since they dont plow my road. Made a dozen trips up and down the road smashin and splashin snow the best I could. It was good enough to get the wifes Saturn out to the main. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is what treated fuel you get at stations looks like around here at 25 below. You can't see it in the picture but there are tiny little round balls of ice inside, they were all throughout. I'm guessing that's what plugs the filters. It wasn't gelled but it's definitely thick.20190131_055117.jpg.f66a199c8f0ed14895797d3cec482af2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

we had 6 inches at my place this morning. Funny how living in the middle of woods gives more snow. We are inside a pocket ......when you drive out the snow is usually 3-4 inches less outside our wooded area.

I have to stay off the roads around here because all the time you'll see all fours locked up and gone skiing LOL

Edited by JAG1

• Owner

7 hours ago, JAG1 said:

I have to stay off the roads around here because all the time you'll see all fours locked up and gone skiing LOL

Idiots...

My travels of yesterday morning are all horrid. Roads are not plowed. Drifting snow off or mountain sides into the road. Winds and more blowing snow. Roughly +20F to +30F for temperatures. Even snowed in Ontario, OR. 

The part I absolutely hate. There is always a dumb :moon:on the road that grabs his little ricer or small Ford 2 wheel drive and the proceeds to drive along at 20 to 25 MPH. I've got my speed cruising along at 55 MPH and around a corner, you find this dummy stomping on the brakes or wondering all over the road because of lack of traction. I make a bold move and leave him behind. 

People don't grab your economy car 2 wheel drive car on a snow storm day. Grab the 4WD truck with some weight. Even with all the snow and wind I never dropped below 55 MPH for the most part. Using 4WD and common sense I can whip through just about any road conditions. This doesn't mean grabbing the Subaru either these are just as bad. No weight and lack of traction I go around those as well.

The one I absolutely laugh at the hardest is the big lifted Ford truck on 37" crawling around at 25 to 30 MPH because of poor traction I pass them like their standing still and piss them off because they can't catch this "Small Tire Dodge Cummins". :lmao::lmao2:

These 245's have been absolutely awesome for winter traction.

20190210_075559.jpg

20190210_075603.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Had some fun doing one of my favorite things yesterday,

35+lbs of noise and vibration. Glad I don't have to use this all day long.

001.JPG

Nothing makes a mess like 1/2" pitch chain.

003.JPG

004.JPG

Got some of the 'smaller' saws out too.

005.JPG

Edited by dave110
words
  • Like 2

On 2/10/2019 at 8:51 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

People don't grab your economy car 2 wheel drive car on a snow storm day. Grab the 4WD truck with some weight. Even with all the snow and wind I never dropped below 55 MPH for the most part.

For most people I agree, I on the other hand set cruise control on my( 2000 accord car) at 65 and pass everyone constantly, sometimes driving in passing lane more then behind others. These are same people that fly by me like I'm sitting still when roads are dry, they usually speed close to 20mph over. Reason I mentioned cruise control is because it's better for not spinning out, if you drive with your foot it's easier to over do the skinny pedal sometimes. Try it (anyone) and see what you think. 

They freaking canceling school again over some rain and few inches of snow, missed 4 days and wife 3 so far this winter and funny thing Is, school modo reads "strive for 5" meaning they don't want any kids missing more than 5 days a year, sad really. Another thing is shelves are empty in a lot of isles pretty much every time TV says warning, this society is getting weaker every year. Wouldn't take much of an event to cause zombie apocalypse :lmao:

• Like 1

• Owner
2 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Wouldn't take much of an event to cause zombie apocalypse :lmao:

They already walk with you through life. I've got my own bred of "Zombies" down here. Jump in their little ricer cars and attempt to drive at 20-25 MPH anywhere. Then ***** about being late to their appointments or jobs. Geez doesn't take a rocket scientist to see if the weather is bad grab the 4WD truck, leave early and take your time. Nope. The Zombies come out... :duh: 

• Haha 1