• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Morning Pic For Today...........Post A Pic around your place.....

JAG1

• Owner

Typically I'm either right at the marked speed limit or about 5 under. Like today I was doing 60 MPH in 65 MPH travel is light and I'm not in a hurry. Here comes a younger generation (Snowflake!). Riding my :moon: . My definition of riding my :moon: is when I can no longer see your hood or bumper only see windshield. I flip on the backup lights and toggle them a few times. He backs off. Now following tight but several miles of passing area goes by even a two-lane passing area. Nope going to ride my :moon: . So now we come upon a double yellow and no passing sign. Now this dumb :moon: snowflake passes me. Then continues to drive excessive fast and disappears in the distance. By the time I reach Weiser, ID I'm right behind him again. So what did all his stupid driving get him? Nothing! Lower MPG's and risking other peoples lives for his dumb bonehead moves.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Typically I'm either right at the marked speed limit or about 5 under. Like today I was doing 60 MPH in 65 MPH travel is light and I'm not in a hurry. Here comes a younger generation (Snowflake!). Riding my :moon: . My definition of riding my :moon: is when I can no longer see your hood or bumper only see windshield. I flip on the backup lights and toggle them a few times. He backs off. Now following tight but several miles of passing area goes by even a two-lane passing area. Nope going to ride my :moon: . So now we come upon a double yellow and no passing sign. Now this dumb :moon: snowflake passes me. Then continues to drive excessive fast and disappears in the distance. By the time I reach Weiser, ID I'm right behind him again. So what did all his stupid driving get him? Nothing! Lower MPG's and risking other peoples lives for his dumb bonehead moves.

Back in the day when I was driving my '69 VW but around town, the tailgaters got a nice shock when I hit my perfectly adjusted handbrake and quickly chirped my rear wheels, no brake lights with the quick handbrake chirp LOL.  That would put an end to their madness immediately.  The tailgaters in the grocery store line get a face full of long hair when they get too close, I do that as if I didn't notice them there of course.  I have no tolerance for tailgaters, either on foot or on wheels.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Staff

I know what you mean Leety I avoid crowds and waiting in lines like the plague. I love seemingly forgotten roads and highways. Will spend extra days on the road just to see nice places... give the lonely grocery stores/ towns a little of my business.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I should add my 435 mile trip is all interstate except for 8 miles. If I am in the left lane I move over for faster traffic and let them by. 2 lanes are a different animal. I do agree when on the rail gating, once my tailgate blocks their headlights they are way to close.

22 minutes ago, leety said:

Back in the day when I was driving my '69 VW but around town, the tailgaters got a nice shock when I hit my perfectly adjusted handbrake and quickly chirped my rear wheels, no brake lights with the quick handbrake chirp LOL.  That would put an end to their madness immediately.  The tailgaters in the grocery store line get a face full of long hair when they get too close, I do that as if I didn't notice them there of course.  I have no tolerance for tailgaters, either on foot or on wheels.

I like to use my exhaust brake. Usually only takes once but some folks take twice. Never been tail gated In the store line. Maybe I look too mean.

Edited by dripley

• Owner
17 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

I know what you mean Leety I avoid crowds and waiting in lines like the plague.

That is why I live where I do. I hate crowds, big shopping centers like Walmart. I hate fighting the crowds to get just basic shopping done. In my case I've got no choice MoparMom's life depends on the treatments in Ontario, OR so while I'm here I've might as well buck up and handle the shopping and crazy/stupid drivers. Other than I'm not happy down here but I've got to do it. I've gotten smart to when to do certain things and particular places to shop at and get the most bang for my buck. Still it sucks I got to fight my way back out of Ontario, OR again.

32 minutes ago, dripley said:

I like to use my exhaust brake. Usually only takes once but some folks take twice.

True story I got pulled over by a cop for traveling down a grade and he assumed my brake light failed because I proceeded down a windy 7% grade and no brake light seen the whole way down. Then I've been stopped by people to tell me my brake lights don't work. My typical driving style I drive like that center pedal is missing. The only time I use it is to stop at speeds below 25 MPH and panic stops. Most of my braking is done with the exhaust brake. 

• Like 2

On 6/21/2018 at 12:04 PM, Dieselfuture said:

We've been having a lot of this lately, lots of flash floods.

20180621_115418.jpg.4da1b0b3fc69b5c821d3a784d4e7bca9.jpg

Please feel free to send some of that moisture my way. I think it really forgot how to rain here. We got a couple days of moisture from hurricane Bud a couple weeks ago, It was enough to tame the fires but other than that havnt seen any moisture for a couple months and none in the near future.

1 hour ago, trreed said:

IMG_9720.JPG.c21344d717c668c641a46eeba24def96.JPG

Sterling, CO looking East

That's a beautiful photo!!  Daunting storm.

On 6/23/2018 at 12:34 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

That is why I live where I do. I hate crowds, big shopping centers like Walmart. I hate fighting the crowds to get just basic shopping done. In my case I've got no choice MoparMom's life depends on the treatments in Ontario, OR so while I'm here I've might as well buck up and handle the shopping and crazy/stupid drivers. Other than I'm not happy down here but I've got to do it. I've gotten smart to when to do certain things and particular places to shop at and get the most bang for my buck. Still it sucks I got to fight my way back out of Ontario, OR again.

True story I got pulled over by a cop for traveling down a grade and he assumed my brake light failed because I proceeded down a windy 7% grade and no brake light seen the whole way down. Then I've been stopped by people to tell me my brake lights don't work. My typical driving style I drive like that center pedal is missing. The only time I use it is to stop at speeds below 25 MPH and panic stops. Most of my braking is done with the exhaust brake. 

Now that is style!

Edited by leety

2 minutes ago, trreed said:

iPhone cameras are getting ridiculously good these days

You know!

But still you did the composition, not the camera.  Well done!

Edited by leety
  • Like 1

On 6/22/2018 at 8:57 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Does someone want to unload this heavy trailer? All nothing but Ponderosa Pine rounds. Remember my trailer is 7 foot wide and 12 foot long. Top of the rail is 33 inches. Sad part is these are wet. That was only 1/3 of the tree the other 2/3 is still on the mountain.

20180616_184608.jpg

Screw that. Seriously. 

Noodling is your friend. And your Stihls are some of the best designed noodlers I have seen . 

Cocktails on the deck last Wednesday.  Great night.  Mosquitoes were not bad. 

32BC16BB-EE27-4D62-B079-2A35FF0A345F.jpeg.ea6313f445b3ed63c387e5aed86dfed5.jpeg

Edited by Ben

• Owner
5 minutes ago, Ben said:

Screw that. Seriously. 

Noodling is your friend. And your Stihls are some of the best designed noodlers I have seen . 

:lmao: Yeah, I do that a time or two but never heard that term.

I did three loads like this 3 years ago and manages to squeak by this last winter. (Mild winter). Now I've got to get this unloaded and proceed to quarter these Hercules rounds up and stack the quarters so it can dry some. Two men and rolling you can get just about anything in this trailer. It's only 16 inches from the deck to the ground. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

1 minute ago, Mopar1973Man said:

:lmao:

I did three loads like this 3 years ago and manages to squeak by this last winter. (Mild winter). Now I've got to get this unloaded and proceed to quarter these Hercules rounds up and stack the quarters so it can dry some. Two men and rolling you can get just about anything in this trailer. It's only 16 inches from the deck to the ground. 

You could of already had it noodled into quarters and drying. Not hard and doesn't take much more time.

I would not use full chisel on bald wood though with bigger saws. If you have semi chisel that will work much better. There are times were less aggressive is better.

• Owner
1 minute ago, Ben said:

There are times were less aggressive is better.

Yeah. Then for the guy that doesn't have a ton of spare chains you can still do it but don't let the saw eat too fast by pushing. Just let it noodle at the rate the engine can go keeping the RPM's up. 

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

You could of already had it noodled into quarters and drying. Not hard and doesn't take much more time.

Yeah I know. But when there is a old stack that need finish splitting and the split stuff picked pu and stacked. At the same time take care of the truck and the maintenance. Then 3 days a week driving. In my spare time admin at least two web servers.

Naw, I've got lots of spare time... :duh: