• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Edge juice or iQuad

Silverdodge

Old and new tunes are the same.

Dd vs towing vs mpg don't really need different tunes.

Mpg is best when you use your right foot correctly.

Towing is best when you turn power down and fun driving is better when you turn power up.

Use the tuning as a way to tailor the quad to suite your driving style.

I like.

Lvls 5

Timing 7 or 8

Timing scaling g 80

Tps pump min 30

Tps pump max 100

Can Tps min 20

Can Tps max 100

Boost scaling 25.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input guys. Since I have the lift pump, exhaust, and 60HP injectors on my truck I think I will give the EZ a try. I baby this thing when towing anyway. I never let the exhaust temp get over 1100. It might for a moment, but I catch it and back off. I would like better throttle response around town... Maybe I can find a used one... Anyone have one for sale?

2 hours ago, Utah Dually said:

Thanks for the input guys. Since I have the lift pump, exhaust, and 60HP injectors on my truck I think I will give the EZ a try. I baby this thing when towing anyway. I never let the exhaust temp get over 1100. It might for a moment, but I catch it and back off. I would like better throttle response around town... Maybe I can find a used one... Anyone have one for sale?

Check out the classifieds on CF, they show up every so often. If you want better throttle response, I hear a Timbo APPS upgrade is another good thing to add to the list.

I did extensive research between the smarty touch and the edge juice with attitude cts2.  I was initially going to w/ with the edge, however, on many many forums i read how their tune runs hot.  higher egts.  everyone kept pointing back to the smarty over and over again.  when i do wind up buying, the smarty touch is what I am going to get, even though I don't really like their touch interface that much.  just so 1995.

The reason why the EGTS are higher is due to the edge pushing 2x the fuel of the smarty.  Not really apples to apples comparison.  

If you turn the edge down to be the same fueling wise as the smarty you won't have egt issues.

• Owner
4 hours ago, Me78569 said:

The reason why the EGTS are higher is due to the edge pushing 2x the fuel of the smarty.  Not really apples to apples comparison.  

I hate to say it... But... Now I've done this for several friends watching what I do. I can have a trailer in tow, start climbing a grade with the Edge Comp on 5x3, cruise set for 55 MPH. Now in the middle of the climb all I would do is turn OFF the Edge Comp completely and pyrometer will not change. There will be a slump in power the cruise will apply throttle again to resume holding 55 MPH and you'll find the pyrometer just about unchanged.

So no matter what you do the Edge Comp doesn't make the EGT's hotter it still fuels the same amount GPH flow rate wise to hold the same cruise control speed hauling the same weight.

• Owner

Oh... Yeah WOT is different story... Just for fun I'll post today WOT run in New Meadows today... (Notice the red markers noting high mark)

Edge Comp (5x3), +50 HP Vulcan Performance Injectors, Straight Pipe 3" (muffled), BHAF...

Screenshot_2016-04-05-16-10-35.png

Edited by Mopar1973Man

On 4/6/2016 at 7:05 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

Oh... Yeah WOT is different story... Just for fun I'll post today WOT run in New Meadows today... (Notice the red markers noting high mark)

Edge Comp (5x3), +50 HP Vulcan Performance Injectors, Straight Pipe 3" (muffled), BHAF...

Screenshot_2016-04-05-16-10-35.png

How come your iat is not at 143