• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Edge juice or iQuad

Silverdodge

Well I am thinking of buying a new iQuad and getting rid of my edge juice with attitude I have hot unlock from 2006 for my 2000 any input about this or am I crazy I got 100 horse injectors and I drove a 01 with a old adrenaline with the control pod and it was a monster compared to mine and my truck is no slouch so what's ur opinions and yes I know iQuad has a lot more features that I want  

• Owner

Edge Juice isn't bad but most people lose power getting wrapped up in the alarms and limits. If you turn all the alarms and limits off you find that Edge Juice can stand its own ground fairly well.

Quad does have a few other means of adjustments vs. Edge Juice and a bit more power. still in all when you break it down there is the standard 0-60 HP on the CANBus and then the remainder on the wire tap. Based on what the module sees for boost pressure during it run it will modify the wire tap signal.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

For me the quad has significantly helped my truck run better. By better, I mean the EGTs are cooler while making around the same power (not dyno proven), low end smoke has been easier to control, and the engine seems to run smoother.

The data logging feature is also great! Helps to tune in the timing / pulse width / twins etc.

7 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Each tuner has its up and downs. Smarty is best for low end launching, Edge is typically all round favorite. Quad is typically for those looking for big HP/TQ numbers tuner wise. I've got to agree with John... :iagree:

I'd have to disagree with that. Until you actually run it you never know exactly how it can improve your setup. Look at Nick... he's not going for the big numbers, but the quad has been very good to him.

Guess what I should have said is there is only so much you can do with a tuner. 

The i quad makes you feel like your doing mire ...... but it's nothing compared to twins a cam and some bigger sticks. 

Fuel and air and timing injection event.

But unless your trying to get the extra 10% out of truck ...... and your happy to play with tunes again again snd again ..... have access to a track or dyno ..... for me it got old.

Each to own ..... i get most people have more patience than me. 

Either way they are all good ......

Crap I even luke the power puck for the $$! Hard to beat. 

The biggest perk of the quad is the ability to tune the fueling of the turner based upon your driving style.  For me it has nothing to do with how much more HP I make.  I very much doubt the custom tuning actually increases HP, rather it can completely change how the truck drives.

Right now my tune on the quad doesn't do any wiretap fueling until I increase TPS to above %30.  Canbus fueling doesn't happen until %15 tps and timing is always there.  It makes it a VERY nice truck to drive around town.  typical stop light to stop light I never get above %20 throttle.  The little bump from the canbus fueling is nice.  

What this does it allow me to have the wiretap fueling on tap, but not have the low end smoke / heat like you would have with an aggressive fueling box.   

The data logging feature of the quad really is the bee's knee's though.    It has allowed me to really tune my turbo to a really sweet setup.  Tyler, you should drive the truck now to compare how much difference there is compared to the last time you drove it.    

Mike,  I really think if you got your hands on a quad you would really like it.  Not only that, but I promise you could squeeze some more MPG out of your truck, just by tuning the quad to your driving style and needs.

• Owner

Now after doing service work to resolve power issue on a Edge Juice I have to say I personally don't recommend the Edge Juice. For what little you gain for toys, alarms, limits, and all the wiring and tiny screen. Not worth the extra $500 over Edge Comp. Sad but true the Edge Comp and Edge Juice have the same tunes just the screen, alarms and limits, and all the little toys on the Juice just not worth it.

Edge Comp has 8 wires. MAP sensor, CANBus, wire tap, +12V power and ground that it. Way easier to install and way easier to diagnose. Like I had a conversation with a friend last night on the phone. Edge Juice is basically a digital gauge you'll find you eyes lingering longer looking at the gauges. Where good old fashion analog gauges you tend to never look at directly because out of your edge of your vision you can seen the needle position and movement its not till needle positions are in bad position that you watch closer or diagnostic purposes.

I love reading this stuff but I have to admit the more I read about putting a tuner on my truck the more confused I get. I would like to put one on to improve fuel mileage around town and power when towing. I don’t want to hurt the truck, but it would be nice to have a little more. Trying to decide which way to go is madding. Not to mention these things are quite the investment in dollars and time messing with them.

I don’t like the idea of a Smarty just because I don’t want something I have to do downloads on. That seems like a pain to me. Someday I will make my mind up I guess….

Edited by Utah Dually

• Owner
2 hours ago, Utah Dually said:

I would like to put one on to improve fuel mileage around town and power when towing. I don’t want to hurt the truck, but it would be nice to have a little more.

All tuners installed on a stock powered truck are typically safe for the engine. Just automatic transmission owners I would suggest talking to Dynamic for upgrades. Where things get sticky is how big of a injector you use in conjunction with the tuner. Now your having to worry about hurting the truck.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

On 4/1/2016 at 1:18 PM, Utah Dually said:

I love reading this stuff but I have to admit the more I read about putting a tuner on my truck the more confused I get. I would like to put one on to improve fuel mileage around town and power when towing. I don’t want to hurt the truck, but it would be nice to have a little more. Trying to decide which way to go is madding. Not to mention these things are quite the investment in dollars and time messing with them.

I don’t like the idea of a Smarty just because I don’t want something I have to do downloads on. That seems like a pain to me. Someday I will make my mind up I guess….

Edge EZ. Simple plug and play. Just hit the switch for power levels, 3 levels, nothing fancy. When I first bought my truck, it was bone stock. Then I did a lift pump, which helped, then 60hp injectors and then the EZ. The programmer did the most wonders for throttle response and driveability hands down.

Are new and old qwadzillas different at all in tuning parameters or is it same. What I mean is before they went out of business and after they came back. 

Does anyone want to share tunes they run for towing and mpg and at what mph do you drive to have your good vs bad.