• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Injector line threads

So as I'm chasing down this fuel leak, I was poking around under the hood just to make sure I didn't miss any obvious leaks or that nothing new happened. Well I got to looking more closely at the injector line bolts and it looks like some are threaded on more then others. Here's some pics 

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

theres not leaks or wetness anywhere and last I checked, they're pretty tight. Is this normal or should I pull them off and check for something? I don't really want to ignore this, but at the same time, I don't want create a new problem.

Wow that's a clean engine, if ti was me I wouldn't mess with it, like you said might have a problem later if you do. If you decide to change injectors then it might worth going through it all. If it runs good leave it alone, and check oil for fuel if looks good leave it alone. :2cents: It's raining now but if I remember i'll look at mine and see if it's same way. 

• Owner

You might want to relocate the boost down on the side of the head rear of the fuel filter. There is a 3/4" pipe plug. I can see that tube being broke every time you do a valve adjustment or busting the line when loosening that injector line.

As for injector lines like Dripley said as long as the lines are not leaking out on the head there isn't anything to worry about. You might check the return tee at the back of the head and the banjo at the rear of the head to common leak spots.

• Owner

Because the plug in the head is already 3/4" I know this is a poor picture but you can see my two bushings 3/4" to 1/2" and the 1/2" to 1/8" then boost gauge. At least the line isn't in the way and won't get broke doing basic work like valve adjustments or injector work. Also the boost bolt is easy to break off being its a hollow bolt.

2lsy0l4.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man

3/4" to 1/2" NPT Bushing

https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/440024-131280

1/2" to 1/8" NPT Bushing

https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/69853

You can get these at Home Depot, Lowe's, ACE....or any local hardware store.  The part numbers from this Fastenal site won't mean much at those places, but at least you can have a visual.

OR...http://www.suremarineservice.com/FIT-539.aspx

3/4" to 1/8" NPT Bushing, no need for an extra connection.

• Like 1

• Owner
2 hours ago, catnhat said:

A little plumber's tape never hurt anything. I use it on just about all pipe threads 

On fuel fittings its a no no... If you get any tape down in the injection pump or injectors it will be game over. Everything else its OK.

Edited by Mopar1973Man