• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What's the deal with 12v prices?

To be fair those are both crazy low mileage truck and single owner clean interior, it's practically a new truck. That being said they're still a 20 year old 'new truck' and those prices are crazy. They must sell for close to those prices otherwise they wouldn't have them up for that much!

I paid $8k for my 96' and that was probably 2k or 3k too much. After I'm finally done with everything I'll have around $16k in it including the purchase price. That total includes:

*Built trans with billet triple disk converter 

*New 99-02 HD steering

*Ball joints

*DOR track bar

*Bilstine shocks

*Rebuilding the steering box

*New injectors

*New head gasket, HD head bolts, 60lb springs

*4k GSK

*Autometer gauges 

*New turbo

*New dash

*New headlights

I could hit $18k if I got it painted but I prefer it being bedlined. 

Edited by The_Hammer

15 minutes ago, The_Hammer said:

I paid $8k for my 96' and that was probably 2k or 3k too much. After I'm finally done with everything I'll have around $16k in it including the purchase price. That total includes:

*Built trans with billet triple disk converter 

*New 99-02 HD steering

*Ball joints

*DOR track bar

*Bilstine shocks

*Rebuilding the steering box

*New injectors

*New head gasket, HD head bolts, 60lb springs

*4k GSK

*Autometer gauges 

*New turbo

*New dash

*New headlights

I could hit $18k if I got it painted but I prefer it being bedlined. 

How do you like the shocks? Been looking to get some when the $$$ stops flowing out!

17 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

As for myself in running Rancho shocks with no issue. I've well over 100k miles and rides great even in diet roads.

Hmmm haven't encountered those diet roads yet :think:    :lol: 

Good to hear Mike. A buddy of mine bought Ranchos and he said they were pretty stiff at the beginning, but they have gotten much better with more miles.

• Like 1

An obese road.

I ran rancho 5000. They worked well and I liked them but after 50k they were shot. I ended up putting a cheap set of Monroe's on and they work good but ride pretty hard. Not expecting great mileage since the whole set only cost about $90.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dripley said:

An obese road.

I ran rancho 5000. They worked well and I liked them but after 50k they were shot. I ended up putting a cheap set of Monroe's on and they work good but ride pretty hard. Not expecting great mileage since the whole set only cost about $90.

Rancho's do come with a lifetime warranty, making them very tempting!

6 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

Rancho's do come with a lifetime warranty, making them very tempting!

Well I guess I should have paid better attention. I didnt remember a lifetime warranty. A :spank: for me.

Looked the warranty up on Rock Auto and they have a manufacturer rebate for Monroe and Rancho on the same form. Monroe makes Rancho or visa versa?

If I read the warranty right on the cheapy Monroe's there is no warranty. WTF

@TFaoro

I only have Bilsteins in the front but I absolutely love them! I haven't figured out what to run on the rear yet as I've heard numerous complaints of the Bilsteins riding like a tank on the rear unless your loaded down. 

Edited by The_Hammer
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

I think my rear is going to ride like a tank either way.

Still deciding though... I can take my time making decisions though. No $$$ to blow

I'm not one to spend money just for the hell of it (wish I had that option though lol) and tend to research the ever loving crap out of something before I buy it. With that said I would spend the money on the Bilsteins again in a heartbeat. I picked mine up for $160 delivered (front pair) but can't remember from where smiley_abused.gif

• Like 1