• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Oil pump life expectancy

So haven't thrown a mechanical gauge on the truck yet but had a scare over the weekend that needed attention..... lift pump issues but with Mike's two stroke oil idea a old lift pump with over 150k is back in the truck and pushing 8-9 psi at wot.... it's been defueled but still that's a stock lift pump thanks Mike for a great tip....:thumb1:

Now if it would stop pouring here for more than 30 minutes I'd go out and futz with the truck because I am curious to put a scan tool on it followed by a mechanical

Would the oil pressure sensor be reading post oil filter levels?  And if so will the port on the filter housing read post or pre?

So haven't thrown a mechanical gauge on the truck yet but had a scare over the weekend that needed attention..... lift pump issues but with Mike's two stroke oil idea a old lift pump with over 150k is back in the truck and pushing 8-9 psi at wot.... it's been defueled but still that's a stock lift pump thanks Mike for a great tip....:thumb1:

Now if it would stop pouring here for more than 30 minutes I'd go out and futz with the truck because I am curious to put a scan tool on it followed by a mechanical

Would the oil pressure sensor be reading post oil filter levels?  And if so will the port on the filter housing read post or pre?

Edited by WiscoRedkneck

• Owner
3 minutes ago, leathermaneod said:

So this is odd, I checked the other day and my oil psi gauge does not fluctuate at all when turning on or off high idle, 3 or 6 cyl. Could this be because my truck was built in 2000?

You've got the updated flash done. Turns the gauge into a dummy light. Not actual pressure. This why external gauge is best. I'm not a big fan of the stock pressure sensor either. 

• Like 1

I have had an Isspro EV2 oil pressure gauge for a couple years now.  Used a port in the oil gallery on the drivers side of the block, not very hard to do.  I have watched the pressure on the dash, the edge monitor which reads from the same sensor as the dash and the Isspro.  The reading between the Edge and Isspro mirror each other at all RPM's.  If you guesstimate with the dash it is close but it is sluggish to big changes in pressure(ie 2000 rpms to idle, like shifting to neutral and coasting).  This is what I have observed on my truck anyways.  I thought I had a picture of the edge and Isspro reading oil pressure but I cannot find it at this time.  The picture is showing the plug where I installed the Isspro sensor.  It is in front of the ECM, it is a metric allen.

116_1888.JPG

Probably is one and the same dripley.  I found the pictures I was looking for.  I like to monitor most things.  I figure if it isn't broke don't fix it.  My truck is closing in on 200k in the next couple weeks and still has the original oil pump, water pump and VP44

116_1910.JPG

116_1911.JPG

116_1913.JPG

• Like 1