• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Goodbye Edge Comp, Hello Quadzilla Adrenaline

Mopar1973Man

@NightHawk

If you haven't yet downdownload the iquad app and mess around with it.  You can get a feel for it by doing that.

JusT download the app, hit the otions button, cog or 3 dots, then select vehicle use either of the beta vehicles at the bottom of the list.   Then go into the custom tuning section.  

I can do a video but it won't be for a few weeks

• Owner

Actually something went wrong this time. @Me78569 his last two tunes are acting goofy. So I'm going to back down to the last working tune.

Depending on your phone screen size the cog is very tiny, hard to hit with your finger tip, in the upper left and very dim hard to even notice it. The 3 dot menu will not even show up. Now on my Azpen A729 Tablet the cog is good sized and easy to see, easy to hit with your finger tip and the 3 dot menu button is also very visible.

Here is a screenshot of the LG 4GLTE phone I'm using.

screenshot.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Give the one I sent over last night a try.

Make sure you hit the custom tune the. Load default tune because the screen won't update the values for levels that match the tune until you do so.  Ie if you old tune on the box had 10 lvls but the new one has 6 then the screen stays at 10 until you reload the default tune.

Of that tune doesn't work then go back to the old one and I will have to find out what I am missing.

Inspection passed this morning so we got our whole deposit back. Looks like I will be getting the quad sometime soon :-) I was just thinking, it's gona be pretty sweet because I already have 2 holes in my manifold, I'll be able to monitor the front three and the back three cylinders. Probably use the quad for the back three and put my Autometer gauge on the front three. one question I do have about the quad though, once its all set up and everything, can I run the truck just fine without having the tablet always with me and turned on? Like will the turbo timer still work and all? All tuning and defueling still work? 

Edited by leathermaneod

• Owner
3 minutes ago, leathermaneod said:

I was just thinking, it's gona be pretty sweet because I already have 2 holes in my manifold, I'll be able to monitor the front three and the back three cylinders. Probably use the quad for the back three and put my Autometer gauge on the front three.

Reverse that and put the Quad in the 1-3 and the Autometer in the 4-6. That way if you don't have your tablet you still see the hot cylinders. 

3 minutes ago, leathermaneod said:

one question I do have about the quad though, once its all set up and everything, can I run the truck just fine without having the tablet always with me and turned on?

Yes. I don't always turn on the phone for watch so all the setting remian and work without the phone running. Turbo timer, defuel setting, etc all work fine without your device on or in the vehicle.

• Like 1

• Owner

At idle time they are going to be close to the same. It only hotter on the back when loaded and climbing hard up a grade. Also if you running the high idle kit you'll want to monitor your 4-6 cylinders on your gauge. 1-3 is dead and cold on 3 CYL mode. Again if your not packing the device to monitor consider the actually gauge for your hot point.

On 9/10/2016 at 9:12 PM, Silverdodge said:

4 minutes ago, leathermaneod said:

As far as which probe to put where, the quad has the turbo timer, wouldn't I want that based off the hotter cylinders? Or just lower the temp that I want it turning off at?

Doesn't matter which. You will have a bigger difference between the two gauges than you will have in the actual temperatures. I tested it. 

I'm pretty sure I read on one of quads tuning pages that the turbo timer could also be based on time, not temp. That's probabaly what I'd do since I watch my EGTs before shutting off. That way as long as temps were around 4-450 you could turn off the truck and walk away knowing the truck won't actually turn off for another minute or so and temps would be well below safe by that point.

58 minutes ago, notlimah said:

I'm pretty sure I read on one of quads tuning pages that the turbo timer could also be based on time, not temp. That's probabaly what I'd do since I watch my EGTs before shutting off. That way as long as temps were around 4-450 you could turn off the truck and walk away knowing the truck won't actually turn off for another minute or so and temps would be well below safe by that point.

I wouldn't as that defeats the purpose. With the egt probe you don't even have to look at temps before you leave, and if they're at 600 you have to sit and wait until they're down to 450 before shutting it off..... defeats purpose of turning key off and walking away.  I think that was only put in there for the people who don't run the egt probe. See my comment above on placement of the probe. 

EGT is way better because it doesn't matter if the temps are 1000 or 275. If you shut the key off it'll shut off when it's ready, not based on time. When it's 20 deg outside you don't need 1.5 minutes to cool down, so you're just wasting fuel. Otherwise you'll always be adjusting the time for the ambient conditions, adjusting for driving style, wasting fuel, or shutting off hot. IMO egt is best, but in the end it's up to you!

• Like 2

• Owner

Like I've got mine set to as low shut off point of 300*F. Once I get my ISSPro Pyrometer dealt with that failed I will drill and tap a second hole in the 4-6 position of the manifold and just stack it up. I considered doing the 1-3 position to study the differences but don't think it worth it to have to drill and tap a 3rd hole and plug the 1-3 hole.

I guess I've never had issues with pulling in to park and having high EGTs. Typically I'll just wait 20-30 seconds if that once I've parked and let EGTs come down to 300-350 and then shut her down. I think I just wanted to avoid drilling and tapping another hole in the manifold. :(