• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Low fuel pressure light that light up around 12 psi plus psi?

Anybody know of any low fuel pressure light that lights up around 12 psi or little bit higher? 

I have an Airdog  fuel pump.  Already have an BD and Airdog low pressure light , but they light up when fuel pressure is much to low in my opinion. 

In process of installing a fuel pressure gauge but would also like light that goes off around 12 psi or little bit more.

Thanks

Edited by 015point9

I use the be warning light also along with the FP gauge, I installed it at the 12v accessory, it's all I had before I got the fuel pressure gauge. That lights so bright at less than 10 psi. Your not going to miss it for a second. The fuel pressure gauge had a light too but it's really small. Plus when I turn the key on it lets me know it's still working

image.jpeg

The ISSPRO gauges have a light that you can program to come on at any FP that you would like.  But if you are throwing money at something, I wouldn't mess around with just a light, I would certainly put your money to a gauge.  A gauge may give you a heads up when FP starts to decline, versus a light may just tell you when it is too late.

• Like 2

Stewart warner offers 10psi and 15psi.   Looking through Honeywell for an adjustable, but prices getting high...

Saw the Stewart Warners on summit.  But kind of pricey. 

never used part deal, but this looked reasonable (if part deal is a good vendor.) http://www.partdeal.com/veethree-single-circuit-pressure-switch-10-psi-nc-12-24v-with-1-terminal-d780923.html?zmam=74973193&zmas=1&zmac=4&zmap=77224207&gclid=CJrA06-nns8CFURlfgod4G4DDw

You may want to check Zoro too. 

GL  HTH 

Op here...Thanks for the info and replies.  I sure wish I'd known of those fuel pressure gauges with warning lights before I bought one last month  :mad:

Also found this one.

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS+Performance+Products/555/41373/10002/-1 

Also found a DYI alarm that sounded "OK" but would need to be louder for my ears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jUeYSAGV4Y

(MOD...Sorry for posting actual vid, tried to remove and can't figure out how.   I just wanted to a post link to it.)

Thanks

Edited by 015point9
tried to remove vid
  • Like 1

• Owner

Just buy the ISSPro EV2 gauge also buy the Relay Kit. Then just program the relay to trigger at the pressure you want. I want to hook into the cluster and hit the CHECK GAGE light and trigger the stock alarm which I think is very possible. 

http://www.isspro.com/downloads/Instructions/IS208-EV2-Programmable-Relay-Output-Module.pdf

nf5k7r.jpg

25pl74g.jpg

• Like 2

I like Mike's idea a lot as I always prefer to keep things as close to stock and as clean as possible, but Katoom also makes a great point. Much as I would like Isspro EV2 gauges, I can't just go out and buy them when I already have a good set of Autometers. I think I personally would hide that little box behind the dash and just rely on the alarm, but the drawback, in my opinion, is having to tap the fuel line in another spot for the pressure sender. This would be easier for someone who already has an electric fuel pressure gauge. Anyway all that said, I sure hope this guy patents his idea and sells it to one of the diesel vendors because people will certainly buy it lol

• Like 1