• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mean While on Hoth....

It snowed here last night too.  Morning rains are making short work of it though.

Anyone watching the weather channel (something I find myself doing more often as I age), must have noticed the weather pattern sweeping across the nation.  There's places seeing freezing/snowing weather this weekend which havent received cold like that in years.....or EVER. :ahhh:

Been quite a while since I have seen weather this cold or colder. Just dug out the wifes car and drove up to the main highway, had no problem for the most part. Turned around went back confident the wife could. Just got back from pulling her out of the ditch. So much for that idea.

• Like 2

It sounds like California could be seeing to much of a good thing when it comes to moisture. With friends in the Sacramento  area that have been deeling with drought and fires for the last couple years, They say it's a welcome site.

I m sure if it keeps it up flooding will be the next issue for them. Ive been through the drought conditions before, it can be rough watching your rivers and reservoirs go dry.

As for us in the southern Rockies were about normal for precipitation. My neighbor down the road who acually has time to measure snow says we're about 45 inches total accumulation of heavy wet snow so far. Last year at this time we were at 150 inches at this time.

4 minutes ago, 01cummins4ever said:

It sounds like California could be seeing to much of a good thing when it comes to moisture. With friends in the Sacramento  area that have been deeling with drought and fires for the last couple years, They say it's a welcome site.

I m sure if it keeps it up flooding will be the next issue for them. Ive been through the drought conditions before, it can be rough watching your rivers and reservoirs go dry.

As for us in the southern Rockies were about normal for precipitation. My neighbor down the road who acually has time to measure snow says we're about 45 inches total accumulation of heavy wet snow so far. Last year at this time we were at 150 inches at this time.

I've lived in this state my whole life and I've seen the weather patterns swing in both directions.  And I've seen the difference between a "real" drought and a "political" drought.  Make no mistake, there is plenty of water in this state above ground and below.  Whats really going on is the media is making a mockery of this story, and for whatever reason people easily buy into what the media/legislation tells them.....strangely without thinking for themselves. :smart:

The real story no one wants to talk about is Gov Brown is pushing heavily for an underground water pipe from northern CA to southern CA.  This aqueduct would override any current water allotments from the north and allow southern CA to take whatever they want.  Obviously not what the people north of Sacramento think is best, and without the power of media propagating a catastrophic "drought", Browns aqueduct agenda losses merit.  So no matter how much water we have pouring down on us, and no matter how full our rivers and lakes are and have been, they still cry drought so that Brown maintains his leverage to shove his legislation down our throats.  He's even asking Obama to help push it through via executive order before he leaves office in the next couple weeks.  Frigging politicians SUCK.  Cant get the people to agree so shove it through via EO. :mad:

That said, southern CA will always suffer from low water conditions because of the sheer number of peeps in relation to the complete lack of water reservoirs they have for themselves.  And because most of it is desert dirt covered in cement/asphalt, most water they get down there just runs off into the ocean.  Bad planning because of environmental movements which hobble any action which truly solves the problem.  Heaven forbid anyone build another dam in this county.....

I could go on and on about this but I dont want to clog up a good thread about politics.  Just know that the CA "drought" has been over for a long long time and what you hear about CA is media propaganda for political gains. :whistle:

• Like 2

• Staff
1 hour ago, KATOOM said:

There's places seeing freezing/snowing weather this weekend which havent received cold like that in years.....or EVER. :ahhh:

This is do to 'Global Warming' and is abnormal for this time of year.  Freezing/snowing weather is unheard of in the winter. 

50 minutes ago, dripley said:

Been quite a while since I have seen weather this cold or colder.

Since it is not warming well call this Climate Change.  Live it, Love it, Find a way to tax it. 

As for San Diego area highs around 70° F and lows 50°F  with light rain showers my be on Monday.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

First off... Global warming my :moon:!!!

Second thing was as I travelled through Tamarack Mill I hit minus 31F and my Windows were freezing up. The old Cummins kept on rolling. Fuel pressure was a bit lower bit I only seen the low pressure light once in 180 miles.

The FASS HPFP 150I had on the 02 was always very angry when the temps dipped to and below -10, a lot of times i had to shut it down and restart it to get it to start pumping to build fuel PSI. I think part of it was after the start and the grids being on for so long before starting it there wasn't enough amperage to run the pump fast enough until the grids quit cycling for 30 seconds at a time and the alternator could get enough voltage back to the batteries.

• Owner
22 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Too bad they don't have an emoticon with greenhouse gases being released..... That would be the one.

Greenhouse gases is over rated. What about 2 years ago those fire pics I posted where the sky was orange? Did the planet melt down from all that? No. A single forest fire produces more green house gases than all of LA California. So I call BS on most of that junk. How about the nasty pollution of China? Planet didn't melt down from that yet. Just looking at the weather here in Boise today is cold and snowing again...

27 minutes ago, Wild and Free said:

The FASS HPFP 150I had on the 02 was always very angry when the temps dipped to and below -10, a lot of times i had to shut it down and restart it to get it to start pumping to build fuel PSI. I think part of it was after the start and the grids being on for so long before starting it there wasn't enough amperage to run the pump fast enough until the grids quit cycling for 30 seconds at a time and the alternator could get enough voltage back to the batteries.

My 11 year old AirDog is still pumping 15 PSI on the highway cruising just when I get deep in the throttle it just enough to flicker my 13 PSI light on the ISSPro gauge.

• Like 1

The other night it got down to -10f. The inside was 70f. Going to sleep for work the next day, house made some loud cracking noises. It's like someone lit a firecracker in the attic! Freaked me out. Did it a few times and the last one i heard that night actually woke me. I went out to survey damage as i thought my roof caved in. 

Roof was fine but looking at it i could hear the trees cracking and creaking all around me!

• Owner
16 minutes ago, hex0rz said:

Roof was fine but looking at it i could hear the trees cracking and creaking all around me!

That's a very dangerous sign. When the trees are cracking and popping they are going to fall soon. Ask MoparMom about the one that nearly bounced her right off the deck? Then I've had over 4 behind the house break off and fall towards the house just missing by about 25-50 feet. 

3 hours ago, hex0rz said:

The other night it got down to -10f. The inside was 70f. Going to sleep for work the next day, house made some loud cracking noises. It's like someone lit a firecracker in the attic! Freaked me out. Did it a few times and the last one i heard that night actually woke me. I went out to survey damage as i thought my roof caved in. 

Ha Ha that's pretty common around here, the humidity in the wood and the cold temps causes things to pop quite regular on a lot of houses old and new. Mine does it on occasion as well and it does sound like something is coming through the roof or walls at times it can be so loud. lol.

Most years we are about waist high in lake effect snow at this point, this winter has been pretty lame. We keep having these crazy 40 degree days where everything melts down a bunch before it gets cold and snowy again. Finally had to find the 4x4 lever yesterday, only had to pull two people out so far. 

IMG_2204.JPG

IMG_2207.JPG

• Like 2