• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

fuel filter change

Spring and fall. I never miss doing a fall pre winter fuel filter change just to prevent issues in the dead of winter and to make sure there is no moisture in the filter can that could freeze up.

:thumbup2: Me too

• Staff

I have only had my current filter setup for one change, but that was 30K miles. I only saw a .5-1 psi drop from when they were new. 30K miles is the most I will run a set of filters, otherwise I go off pressure.

Typically once a year with the 2-3 Micron Fleetguard

If your referring to the AD FF5613 its a 5um, if you want I can send you the Fleetguard spec sheet.

• Staff

Figures...:lmao2: It's still better than stock filters alone...:thumbup2:

Yes and no... The only aftermarket fuel system that has better overall filtering than stock is the new platinum from FASS. Neither the FASS nor AD setups remove anywhere near as much water from the fuel as the stock setup, and the FASS 95 can only be fit with 10um filters... I swear when I started researching the specs on the FASS and AD systems I thought for sure the mfgrs didn't even look at filter specs, just played enie menie miney mo..

I keep an eye on the fuel pressure gauge and if I note any deterioration of fuel pressure from normal, I replace the OEM canister filter on the wife's truck. On my truck I do the same but I have the AirDog filter that gets replaced first then the OEM cannister filter if pressure does not return to normal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How offen do you change oil? Remember even the owners manual suggest every other oil change (15K miles). You might be changing too early...

I change it at 8000 miles. I change my air filter oil filter and fuel filter. then at 25000 change all rear ends transfure case transmission oil. I am keeping this truck for a longe time so I think that it should be in good shape 10 years from now.

• 4 weeks later...

I was reading your post tring to find a equivalent or better filter for my AD150 is the FF5613 compatible? Thx GB

I have only had my current filter setup for one change, but that was 30K miles. I only saw a .5-1 psi drop from when they were new. 30K miles is the most I will run a set of filters, otherwise I go off pressure. If your referring to the AD FF5613 its a 5um, if you want I can send you the Fleetguard spec sheet.

• Staff

I was reading your post tring to find a equivalent or better filter for my AD150 is the FF5613 compatible? Thx GB

That is the filter I have for my AirDog 150.

Yep, its the OE filter for the AD. The Donaldson P551315 is a 3um filter, and can also be used on the AD.
  • Like 3