• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

16x7 Dodge Ram Steel Chrome Wheels

• Owner

@MUDDY had a project for me at his place. I happen to spot a set of wheels that would get rid of my crappy aluminum wheels that one is way out of center or bent some how. Sad to say, my tires are beyond saving the damage is done to them. I did the dismount and remount myself and spun balanced them to true ZERO on all four tires. At highway speeds you can feel the vibration from the wheels. No, It's not driveline I just replace all u-joints on both front and rear driveshafts. 

DSCF4013.JPG

Nice match to my 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 no all I need is a set of center caps. At least the tires are now tucked back under the fenders again.

DSCF4015.JPG

If you're interested I have the stock 16 inch alloy wheels with the hubcaps and a set of highway Michelins.

Edit: Looked up New Meadows and you're about 5 1/2 hours South of me, not sure if that would be worth it.

Edited by NorthernDodge

• Staff

It's so nice to go back to the correct offset wheels. I just did the same thing to my 01. No more mud sling and the steering feels a lot better. I had a set of second gen aluminum wheels sitting around for 9 yrs. they only have 30,000 0n them so not worried about the cracks, they're still new.

BTW ,how do I edit my signature? I want' to list my two other trucks two.

Edited by JAG1

• Staff
On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:28 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Just need the center caps.

Hubby's Hub Caps in Portland, Oregon Has them says they're getting hard to get for the first gens and want $45 bucks a piece. Yet she has almost a whole 5 gallon bucket full, she won't reduce her price, so I bought the knock offs from her for less.

Just looking at and handling center caps from different gen Dodges, I got to say the second gen caps feel like good quality and heavier compared to the rest.

Edited by JAG1

On 4/7/2017 at 1:53 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

....... my tires are beyond saving the damage is done to them. I did the dismount and remount myself and spun balanced them to true ZERO on all four tires. At highway speeds you can feel the vibration from the wheels. No, It's not driveline I just replace all u-joints on both front and rear driveshafts. 

Have you checked for runout with a dial indicator when they are on the truck ?

My 1st Gen would vibrate like yours. On a long sweeper curve, does the vibration phase in .... then gradually phase out. In and out, in and out?

On April 8, 2017 at 10:12 AM, JAG1 said:

Hubby's Hub Caps in Portland, Oregon Has them says they're getting hard to get for the first gens and want $45 bucks a piece. Yet she has almost a whole 5 gallon bucket full, she won't reduce her price, so I bought the knock offs from her for less.

Just looking at and handling center caps from different gen Dodges, I got to say the second gen caps feel like good quality and heavier compared to the rest.

Do you think Hubby's has 16", 2nd gen simulators/wheel covers for dually's? I'm missing one on mine and it's driving me crazy.

Do they have a website?

• Staff
3 hours ago, leon said:

Do you think Hubby's has 16", 2nd gen simulators/wheel covers for dually's? I'm missing one on mine and it's driving me crazy.

Do they have a website?

I would give them a call at 503 777-1038. They are actually called Hub Cap World now.

• Like 1