• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

sorry fellas, most of the paragraph that I typed this morning didn't show up, had to do with nv5600 being a six speed. But since we are talking tires, this tire n rim combo were free, so I'm gonna drive em off. Been running door sticker air psi, seem to be wearing ok, cept front right. that one always gets cupped really fast on outside edge but here is what my door sticker says.

WIN_20170627_16_59_57_Pro.jpg

I always wondered why the truck had a 265/75/R16 spare if it supposedly came stock with 245's.  The LSD sure wouldn't like that combo if the original tires were 245's..

Edited by trreed

My 96 had 245's on it and they always looked small. I did discuss that with the dealer when I bought the 02. Thats how it came to pass I got the 265's, they offered it as an option. It is all coming back to me now. Funny what 16 years will do to your memory. 

I did find out that the turbo is a Holset  HX35W, couldn't find out what size in MM thou. and the toy hauler is just under 10K with one bike in it. Thanks again for all the input, PS does anyone know what injectors come on the HO 5.9 ?

The stock HX35 is a 54mm turbo.  54/60/12 are the full specs.  I'm fairly certain injectors found in the HO are 7x0.0071, but correct me if I'm wrong.  I've been told the SO injectors are 7x0.0075, and that's the difference between the HO and SO injectors.

Edited by trreed
  • Like 1

HX35W turbo too small for the 275 injectors ? exhaust is 4" turbo to muffler, dual 4" back.

on a side note, brake booster sprung a leak. looks to be from the flange closest to the fire wall. wet under side. are they rebuildable ?

• Staff
6 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I ran RV275 and +50HP injectors with a stock HX35W turbo. You can go up to +100HP injectors on a stock HX35W.

I've seen guys run 250's on the stock turbo, but it's not a setup I'd reccommend or run for towing. 

RV275/50's with a boost elbow and 28-30 psi is about as much fuel as I would add on a HX35 and tow with... but I also prefer tow setups that allow WOT at 1600+ rpms below 8K feet without having to watch the pyro all the time. 

1 hour ago, AH64ID said:

I've seen guys run 250's on the stock turbo, but it's not a setup I'd reccommend or run for towing. 

RV275/50's with a boost elbow and 28-30 psi is about as much fuel as I would add on a HX35 and tow with... but I also prefer tow setups that allow WOT at 1600+ rpms below 8K feet without having to watch the pyro all the time. 

I thought that the RVs or 50s would allow any WOT runs without worry of EGTs?

Edited by notlimah

• Staff
39 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Lets say with a true stock truck and heavy trailer on a steep grade you can get rather wild EGTs without any mods at all. Let say one off my first towing trips with gauges I could pass the 1400 mark as I said truly stock.

But that's a stock tune, and those EGTs may be 100% acceptable for continuous operations. It's really hard to compare stock EGTs to tuned EGTs.