• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Warmup / High Idle

kzimmer

@Mopar1973Man will high idle stay on as long as selector knob is on 3 or 6 position of your switch? Or if the truck is up to operating temperature it will cancel out:think: and let's say I just pulled up some place (in mpg mode)and I need to leave the truck running for 15 minutes (truck is fully warmed up)  by flipping switch to 6 cyl high will it turn on and stay on until I flipp it off or mpg mode? 

• Owner
1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

@Mopar1973Man will high idle stay on as long as selector knob is on 3 or 6 position of your switch?

Yes and no. 

3 CYL cannot be held. It will self-cancel after coolant reaches 170 or so.

6 CYL can be held if the selector is left in the 6 CYL position. If you start the mode and select MPG or OFF it will self-cancel as well. The 6CYL mode was set up as a locked mode for people that need high idle for other purposes like jump-starting a vehicle for example. 

There are a few bonuses to Quadzilla high idle as well. If it set up you can enable it by just selecting level 0 and the high idle will engage as soon the timer runs out. Where with M73M high idle the timer is much longer and always that possible chance of the selecting the mode might pick up 3 CYL because the ECM picked up -40*F or the small period of time where the switch broke contact.

There are a few problems with Quadzila too. I've found it does not detect road speed so a manual transmission could place it in gear and idle along with high idle still engaged. This should disable the high idle on Quadzilla just like it does on the factory high idle. (BUG!). Throttle change is very sudden jump to 1,200 RPM it needs to be ramped up slower it creates a violent thump are it jumps to RPM's. (BUG!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Throttle change is very sudden jump to 1,200 RPM it needs to be ramped up slower it creates a violent thump are it jumps to RPM's. (BUG!) 

That’s one thing I don’t like also. It startles me most of the time when it jump up to 1200 rpm even knowing that it’s going to do that ?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

6 CYL can be held if the selector is left in the 6 CYL position. If you start the mode and select MPG or OFF it will self-cancel as well. The 6CYL mode was set up as a locked mode for people that need high idle for other purposes like jump-starting a vehicle for example. 

That was my main concern, because I'd be using that 6 high idle if I'm jumping or winching, and will probably unplug qwadzila at that point. Thinking about putting power wire on toggle switch for quadzilla the one that goes to the battery, that way I don't have to pop the hood and unplug it every time. Unless it can back feed from other wires and still fry it.

7 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

There are a few problems with Quadzila too. I've found it does not detect road speed so a manual transmission could place it in gear and idle along with high idle still engaged. This should disable the high idle on Quadzilla just like it does on the factory high idle. (BUG!). Throttle change is very sudden jump to 1,200 RPM it needs to be ramped up slower it creates a violent thump are it jumps to RPM's. (BUG!)

When I put it into gear (Auto) while in high idle, it's pretty violent. Not a huge deal, just need to remember to bump the throttle before I put it in gear.