• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Valve Spring seller?

16 hours ago, jlbayes said:

Fyi aftermarket cams are nearly useless in a vp truck. I would not waste the money on one unless the cam is towing oriented.

15 hours ago, TFaoro said:

^^^Listen to that. Even then, if the stock one is fine - leave it alone.

It would be a towing cam if I get one at all. Thanks for the tip! 

12 hours ago, TFaoro said:

Be very selective about who you buy it from. FYI Hamilton is NOT where I'd recommend.

Who would you recommend?

Can someone expalin the stock steering on my truck? Stock the drag link should go form the pitman arm over to the passenger tire and then the driver tie rod should hook onto the drag link right? On my truck(which was completely stock until I got ahold of it) has the two tires tied together on the same rod and then the drag link connecting onto it?

6 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

someone already upgraded your steering then, and I would not put y style back on, leave what you have on there alone,  unless it's loose then replace it with what you already have t style 

Well here the weird part about you saying it's upgraded. I bought this truck off my father. I asked him about it and the only thing he ever did to the front end was replace 2 toe rods and 2 ball joints. He never changed anything from the way it came factory. 

12 hours ago, Waydin_Stewart said:

Who would you recommend?

Can someone expalin the stock steering on my truck? Stock the drag link should go form the pitman arm over to the passenger tire and then the driver tie rod should hook onto the drag link right? On my truck(which was completely stock until I got ahold of it) has the two tires tied together on the same rod and then the drag link connecting onto it?

Stock.

I can't think of the name I'll be buying one from (My stock cam is getting bad and the 188/220 in my sig was destroyed in 30k)

@jlbayes knows the name of the company.

3 minutes ago, Waydin_Stewart said:

Well here the weird part about you saying it's upgraded. I bought this truck off my father. I asked him about it and the only thing he ever did to the front end was replace 2 toe rods and 2 ball joints. He never changed anything from the way it came factory. 

What year is your truck? It could have the factory HD steering.

2 hours ago, Waydin_Stewart said:

Yes sir he custom ordered it exactly how he wanted it. Then he saw my love for diesels and passion to work on them and he said he would sell me his. 

is it possible he ordered that way unknowingly? Might have been included with a certain package he picked. Like mine came with the dana 80 rear end as part of the tow package, but I did not know that when I picked it. I was a pretty naive buyer back then. 

Filling out signature and posting few pictures does eliminate a lot of questions. But on the other note like I said if you already have a t style I would not recommend going backwards. Do you have 17" for rims, does y bar you got from friend look smaller in diameter then what's on the truck. I didn't know about HD option to have that done from factory on 2nd gens, but I find out every day that I know very little. 

3 hours ago, dripley said:

is it possible he ordered that way unknowingly? Might have been included with a certain package he picked. Like mine came with the dana 80 rear end as part of the tow package, but I did not know that when I picked it. I was a pretty naive buyer back then. 

3 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Filling out signature and posting few pictures does eliminate a lot of questions. But on the other note like I said if you already have a t style I would not recommend going backwards. Do you have 17" for rims, does y bar you got from friend look smaller in diameter then what's on the truck. I didn't know about HD option to have that done from factory on 2nd gens, but I find out every day that I know very little. 

I don't know how to fill out a signature/and or show photos. I can take pictures of it. Its very caked with dirt form the front timing cover gasket leaking for years. I would gladly post pictures of the steering to show you that it is the T style and not the y. The truck has a dana 80 rear with a 5 speed. It has certain bolts on certain parts in the motor that I cant really give an example of right now that are different than others with the same year truck. 

IIRC, The T style is the 98/99 steering.  Those are the parts I put on my 01.5.  He has "the good stuff" stock.  I think we call it HD, but it was probably just the stock stuff then.  His being a 98.5 puts him square in the T being installed from the factory. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dripley said:

All manuals and 3500s have the Dana 80.

2500 autos have the Dana 70.

1 hour ago, Haggar said:

IIRC, The T style is the 98/99 steering.  Those are the parts I put on my 01.5.  He has "the good stuff" stock.  I think we call it HD, but it was probably just the stock stuff then.  His being a 98.5 puts him square in the T being installed from the factory. 

You're correct about it being 98/99 HD. You could get the HD or LD in those years - LD being the Y style.

IIRC the 98-99 HD steering has different TRE angles in the knuckles so they shouldn't be used in the 01/02 trucks. @jlbayes can confirm.

• Thanks 1