• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

About had it with the Quad already

Sycostang67

@Sycostang67 choose the none v2 profile on the app and you will be off to the races once again on the old tuning.  Choose the profile dodge 2001-2002 vserions 1.9   and you should be able to tune similar to what the edge had.

The lacking of v2 tuning is likely our fault as the message to Quadzilla for the unit sale did not include the V2 base flash.  Since there was no flash specificed it came with the v1 flash on it by default.  

Edited by Me78569

That kind of makes sense since the Quadzilla website asks which tuning you want and there was no provision for that here.  So this is all Mikes fault now? :wink: We can still flash it to the V2 though correct?  The odd thing though is Quadzillas site says the V2 tuning will be the default if no other tuning is selected. 

Capturequad.JPG

14 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

You must have same tune name under different vehicle profile. That's why it's not in your current list. Go to other vehicle profiles you might of used and delete it there.

Ive only got one truck and I havnt been messing around running beta profiles or 4k profiles on my non-4k box.

Also this was Me's new tune that he just posted like 3-4 days ago, so it wasnt available until just now.

Since you bring that up & I was working off my phone, I grabbed my phone just now to see what Vehicle I had selected, and its the V2 Dodge 1998-2002, Version 2.5. Thats the only profile I know to use.

Edited by rogerash0

I just opened the phone so it would show what profile I was working on the other day when this failed. I wasnt switching around on different profiles because theres only one profile for my truck thats the latest ver, so its not something I mess with.

It's all good, I'm just using the V1 tuning for now like Nick said and it's working fine that way.  I would try the flash myself, but I don't have the right cable(thought I did) and would rather someone more experienced perform it.  I have a habit of ruining technology.  You know the saying, if it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any at all.   

For documentation purposes / record history: Me98764 had a setting on the custom tune I couldnt load, that required the Vehicle Selection profile to be on "V2 Quadzilla Only Test2" v2.7. I left that feedback under his download page and he said it was his error and he would fix it.

I had my brother come over and he brought the right cable and helped me get through nicks tutorial(great job on that by the way :thumb1:) and we got my tuner flashed with the V2 software.  I went to my truck and it connected right up and everything seemed to work.  I played with tuning for a bit which only resulted in making my truck run like crap.  For this I blame myself, I just can't grasp the timing settings, can't wrap my head around it.  I put it on the default tune and did some running around and saw my wife at work for lunch.  I decided to try some of the other tunes I had borrowed from the site, but as soon as I turned on the app, it crashed.  I restarted it and it refused to connect.  I tried about 5 times before I gave up and drove home.  This thing has been nothing but a headache since day one.  Thinking I will sell it and my comp and get a CTS2 since that will give me the tuning I know I liked and worked and give me the safety features I wanted from the Quad. 

Edited by Sycostang67

Alright, so the issue you have connecting hte tune loading.  

Do this for me.  Uninstall the app, the default tune runs good so you will use that as your platform to build off of, reinstall the app.  I wanna make sure we have a clean slate. 

is this device your phone as well or a dedicated device?  

Once the app is setup for the V2 profile, then ensure the "default tune" is selected before connecting . 

Next let it connect to the truck, drive around for a bit say 5 minutes to make sure everything is happy.  

Next click custom tune menu > create new > name it whatever you like.   creating a custom tune on the app, imports the current tune, in this case the defualt tune, values into that new tune.  This will make it easy to build off of.

Edit the custom tune, but do not edit the timing values, just the wiretap and canbus settings to make it fuel like you want.  

• Thanks 1