• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

At my freinds tranny shop

Fun at the Tranny Shop...

I Stopped by my friend's tranny shop , I used to work for his dad when it was his shop, retired

He just happened to be finishing up a 2000 dodge ram 2500 4x4 tranny on the bench and finishing the valve body shift kit and installing the valve body. He showed me the Torque converter going in it. All Ill tell ya is its a billet single disc converter, from a local performance TC building shop.

He says He has been doing quiet a few Dodge cummins trannys lately

My next upgrade is my tranny, Though I put a shift kit in it and it runs great, My weak point is my TC that needs upgrading

Edited by GSP7

What TC do you have now?

I have a billit in mine, but I don’t know what kind. I’d love to build my own. But I would need a second one to build slowly then install in one day since my truck won’t fit in my garage. I’m not doing it in my driveway. 

3 hours ago, Haggar said:

lol,

I lost a cup of coffee.  The title of this thread can have a different meaning with a different perspective in today's climate.....  A good chuckle in the morning is worth it!

Hag

Ha ha, now that you said it I could see how new society would think that way. Man these people are affecting everybody now, wish they would just crawl back under that rock. 

Penis=boy, vagin a=girl end of story

Edited by Dieselfuture
Correcting smart phone
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, s10010001 said:

What TC do you have now?

Its a stock TC, Original truck owner had it rebuilt at the dealer under warranty and then sold the truck to me years ago. So tranny was fresh when I got it and put a "shift kit" in it

Edited by GSP7

2 hours ago, GSP7 said:

Its a stock TC, Original truck owner had it rebuilt at the dealer under warranty and then sold the truck to me years ago. So tranny was fresh when I got it and put a "shift kit" in it

How did you like the shift kit? Did you do anything special with it, like 2nd lockup mod, higher pressure?

1 hour ago, s10010001 said:

How did you like the shift kit? Did you do anything special with it, like 2nd lockup mod, higher pressure?

Yes , I like the shift kit.

Shift kits are a upgrade, and do more than beef up shift quality and higher line pressure, it also addresses many of the problems that lead to early transmission failure

12 minutes ago, GSP7 said:

Yes , I like the shift kit.

Shift kits are a upgrade, and do more than beef up shift quality and higher line pressure, it also addresses many of the problems that lead to early transmission failure

Where I had my trans rebuild (middle of nowhere, where it blew) the guy did his own VB mod, i “think” it was based around the shift kit but I’m not certain for sure. I have been meaning to call him and get some details. 

i have been considering pulling it out and doing the trans go kit myself. 

That being said, the trans has been just fine and I confirmed it’s flowing in Park so that’s a win. Kinda hard to fix something that ain’t broke. 

Try a Mojave Green TC. Billet tripple disc, gored stator.  1150 lock up. They are in Littlerock CA. It is now a one man shop but he has 1/2 million in equipment in that shop. He also built my trans with a shift kit and mod for 2nd gear lockup.  I used this shop when I was a fleet manager for 1200 vehicles including Allisons  at  LA County. NEVER had a come back. Shop name is Valco Transmission. They build TC and ship to your specs.