• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

23 hours ago, kzimmer said:

I had trouble getting consistent pressure numbers between the primary and secondary. This was shortly after I decided to ditch the gross external wastegate setup I had and just drill out the gate on the HX35. I'd step on it, they'd spool, and the longer boost was held, the more the ratio would change. Depending what I did, the gate would blow open too early, or too late.

I had this laying around and decided to give it a try. It keeps the low pressure away from the gate reference while spooling so it doesn't open early, but still allows it to open fully when pressure overcomes the ball and spring. I think it helped hold the gate shut a little longer and not divert exhaust to the primary too early.

I think where the boost elbow falls short is it regulates flow to the wastegate reference, not pressure. You can use one to make the gate open a little later, but eventually that pressure will catch up on the outlet side of the boost elbow. My experience will be a lot different than someone with a single, but I think either way it gives a good level of control. 

I'd like to see a video of the boost gauge on a single turbo WOT run before and after. I think the $5 controller will peak and hold a little better.

I'm a noob what does WOT mean :doh:

22 minutes ago, jlbayes said:

Now did you order extra hoes like I did...

I don't usually talk about things like that...........

No extra hoose yet.  I will have to get a regular 1/4" NPT to 1/8" elbow to replace the adjustable one.  So there will be another order. 

23 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

You did the standard shipping. I did the expedited shipping for the US. Bit more money but mine will be here on Friday. 

I'm not worried too much about when it shows up.  I have more pressing issues to deal with.

• Owner
18 minutes ago, trreed said:

No extra hoose yet.  I will have to get a regular 1/4" NPT to 1/8" elbow to replace the adjustable one.  So there will be another order. 

I'm not worried too much about when it shows up.  I have more pressing issues to deal with.

Same here... I've got a steering box that I more or less turned into junk. 

2 hours ago, trreed said:

Not what you said last time....

I need to find my extra elbow. Think it is on my kitchen table catch-all. :lol3:

• Staff

I took of the boost elbow off an reinstalled the original fitting.  

The manual waste gate adjuster is mounted to the battery tray with a cable/hose support clamp and a 6mm X 1.00- 40mm bolt and nut.  That mounting point became freed up after I removed the #8 gauge ground wire that was attached there and moved it to the other battery.

I order it 3/20 with standard shipping.  The confirmation email said I could expect it April 7- May 9.  I received it March 28, via air mail.

The final, final installation.

IMG_2789.JPG.4b06fafd0741907a29169a015491bc73.JPG

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Owner

Couple of WOT runs watching you max boost adjust accordingly. If you can hit your mark and you got a divided exhaust housing you might have to drill a hole through the divider so the wastegate can control better. On divided housing its possibly to exceed your set boost driving the one side.