• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

241DHD T-case rebuild kit

Pulled out my case last night to do a rebuild, where can I find the best kit for rebuild. I'm in this far so I might as well do deals and bearings. Need a complete kit-Please advise. 

On a second note, who ever was in there before used alot of rtv, and the pick up was pretty much clogged with it.??

That's who that link is for, I havent dealt with them before but I soon will be... Their masterkit is what I'm probably gonna get.

However I do not know if I really need the chain. I was looking at it last night, no visible wear or sharp edges, I just dont have any experience with chains to know "bad or good". I am a John Deere diesel mechanic "construction yellow" and know my way around everything pretty good but I have never dealt with chain cases. I have dealt with a np203 in a k10 but did not dissassemble. So what should I look for, or what tolerances/specs should the chain be in? Maybe I'll check YouTube for a video also... Thanks gents!

20180722_095514.jpg

Chain stratches over time, I would replace it if it was me. It was a common problem on NP203. 

On the other hand, for that money I'm not sure if it wouldn't make more sense to get a case from a later model like @TFaoro did. But he also got G56 tranny so not sure if it will fit.

I thought if some day I need a new tranny, I'll go that route instead of wasting thousands on rebuilding nv5600

Just an idea.

I recently rebuilt the case in my 95 1500 with a kit from Americanpowertrainwarehouse.com and 23k later it's still good, since it's the commeted yard/farm/do it all truck the case hasn't been treaty nicely on occasions since the rebuild, with that being said, I recommend them for a kit. 

I looked into the kit for the np241hd in the 3500 but they have different input bearing sizes for the kits, I just haven't pulled my case to check which kit I need to order so hopefully that info helps when ordering yours.

Edited by Towrigdually

43 minutes ago, Towrigdually said:

I recently rebuilt the case in my 95 1500 with a kit from Americanpowertrainwarehouse.com and 23k later it's still good, since it's the commeted yard/farm/do it all truck the case hasn't been treaty nicely on occasions since the rebuild, with that being said, I recommend them for a kit. 

I looked into the kit for the np241hd in the 3500 but they have different input bearing sizes for the kits, I just haven't pulled my case to check which kit I need to order so hopefully that info helps when ordering yours.

Thanks that's great to know before ordering! The 5600 needs a rebuild 5 year grinds..synchros... I have alot of buddy's that can do that for me though. And may wound up doing it now since I'm almost there anyway...lol

I wont take a chance and just replace the chain. It's not worth the gamble...

• 2 months later...

Just to update, wound up getting some parts through C & M Gear Works in Springfield, MO. Great People and always have everything on the shelf for t case and trans! 

T case is rebuilt all went smooth except when I took apart, then put back together then realized that there was no snchro ring or spings or detents from the previous owner!!! So went over and got those installed and its all  back together now. Still working on trans. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

well I got my transmission shimmed up today, wound up going back with same amount of shims as what came out.  Hope my first trans rebuild lasts...lol 

Got pics of my fast coolers I'm adding also. Question though: which side would you put the filter kit on? Obviously the rotation of transmission would dictate correct? I also assume the "flap" would point up. Anyone ever install this kit? 

20181017_170841.jpg

20181017_170829.jpg

20181017_155101.jpg

7 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

I put mine on passenger side but I couldn't use kit you have because it's too big and my 5 inch exhaust is in the way. 

Good job on the rebuilding your transmission

I also have 5in exhaust... I might have to get creative! Thank you. 

Little update, it's all back home now I cleaned, scraped, wire wheeled my little heart out... then put some high heat primer on it. I will put on some regular "aluminum color" paint to finish it off. If anyone is curious on what paints I used let me know. 

Now today I pull the clutch and check it over, make sure u can still run it... maybe I'll post pics of that later. 

20181025_162425.jpg

20181025_162428.jpg

20181025_162434.jpg

20181025_162436.jpg

20181025_162452.jpg

• Like 2