• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Rattlesnake Fire, Idaho - 2018

14 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Where is the EPA now? These fires are pumping out more CO2 and other emissions that my truck does in one hour. Why isn't the EPA charging the USFS for carbon credits? Why just pick on the little people why not pick on the very same federal government that creates these BS laws and guidelines.

Make you think... :think:

Wanna hear funny...  Years ago the city of Chico CA banned fireplaces and wood stoves in homes.  You cant install or use one there because the city legislators have deemed the smoke from people keeping their houses warm with wood an environmental problem.  I would guess that since CA has just gone through well over half a million acres of burning wood, banning wood stoves is kind of a stupid idea...

What I would like to see happen is some form of legislation that holds the various environmental organizations financially and criminally accountable for these fires when its because of their policies that were pushed through with their sue and settle tactics.

Edited by WesHawkins

• Owner

Like myself, I got home to thick fires smoke and going to get worse tonight. Then tomorrow I've got to fly up to the Fire Chief's place and help him work on fire trucks and get repairs done. If I can't play on the fire then I'll volunteer time with the fire dept. Keep all our tools in working order and ready at the drop of the hat.  

• Staff
1 hour ago, KATOOM said:

Looks like we all better start praying for some early rain...

In the publication Beyond Today, july-August 2018 an article, ''Whats Behind The War On God'', talks about how we are on a downward spiral affecting almost every aspect around us, giving historical data about this trend. It is a very good read and you realize how truthful it is about What is happening. Billy Grahams' son Franklin Graham at a recent speech in Bend, Oregon is saying the same things.

This article will teach you what is really happening right now and like I said, is backed up with historical data.

We all need to really really pray everyone. We need Gods' blessing so bad and I notice people behaving worse all the time... need God in their hearts. Like the drought they need Gods love, mercy and truth back into their hearts.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 4

• Owner

God help those that help themselves. In other words don't take the easy path of just praying. Go out and do something to improve things around you. Even a small step is better than nothing. What I see is a lot of lukewarm souls out there. I get tons of people asking me to pray for this or that. But, these same people do nothing to fix or aid others. Its about giving up time of your personal time and helping other around you without payment.

Like myself I volunteer time to fire fighting, search and rescue. Even taking care of my own mother.

So for those just passing prayers around might actual do better by actions than nothing at all. Like I consider myself blessed because none of our property burned not one bit. My neighbor next door lost all the trees on their land above their place.

Like myself I gain my place with the Good Lord by doing what I can.

Add-on...

Look at it this way you could get 4,500 members here all praying. Mostly likely nothing would happen. Now if you got 4,500 member here all volunteer time to aid others or support people in need and a lot could be done. Could you imagine if everyone here volunteered time to fight this fire it would be out long time ago.

Imagine if you had 4,500 people volunteering time to ANY cause or aiding there neighbor this world would be a much better place.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We all have our own opinions Mike...and you dont gain a place in Heaven as Jesus already assured that.  That said, you're obviously a good person and have a sizeable heart for others.  But without getting off topic, let me just say that:

1) Volunteers for fires are no longer allowed in CA unless you have specific training.  So any random persons offering to help would simply be turned away...  Politics?...Safety?...Money?...whatever the reason.

And 2) I cant make it rain either.  That capacity is up to a Higher Power.

Edited by KATOOM
  • Like 1

• Staff

Mike you live out where folks are still good folks. Everyone I met there was wonderful, but you don't see the horrible things people are doing in the cities and in highly congested areas.

I can only wonder, how much more this generation needs to make them turn to God.

Anyway I'm not Franklin Graham.... I can only speak of what I see and read about around me.

• Owner
46 minutes ago, KATOOM said:

1) Volunteers for fires are no longer allowed in CA unless you have specific training.  So any random persons offering to help would simply be turned away...  Politics?...Safety?...Money?...whatever the reason.

Same here in Idaho we are now finding out. The requirements of working with USFS is too steep for even my Fire Chief. Still, we are prepared for protecting the people in our district. Even though we have training for wildland, structure, vehicle extrication, etc. We are no longer able to work with USFS because we don't meet the requirements. 

46 minutes ago, KATOOM said:

2) I cant make it rain either.  That capacity is up to a Higher Power.

Same here. At least the winds are up just enough to clear the smoke. Yeah, I'm hoping for the rains but I realize its another month away for us. At least we don't have dry lightning storms. (Ugh!)

As for our local fire dept we are down volunteers. There is only a handful of us willing to do the dirty work of taking care of the trucks, sheds, equipment, etc. Then there is people within the Fire Dept and community upset with the way this fire is being handled. Why not ban together envoke change? Start small. I'm trying my darnest to back my Fire Chief right now so to lighten his load allowing him to attempt at evoking change for us. When a person is overworked then they are more apt to just giving in and quitting. I'm trying to help even to keep moving forward even one tiny step to even the smallest amount of change. 

As for the religious side. There is a lot of "Let's pray" happening here but very few people want to support anyone. As for MoparMom and myself yes we are religious natured people. Mom is the prayer warrior. I'm the muscle to getting things done. More or less if I prayed every time something went wrong I would be in worse shape. Like saving Mom's life even though I ran downstairs to say a quick prayer the action of me getting her to the hospital saved her life. I feel the prayer gave me the strength to endure what I was going to face and have the strength to keep going. 2 years later we (MoparMom and myself) are still going. 

Comes back to... Good Lord helps those to help themselves. 

Image result for good lord helps those that help themselves

Bingo!

Image result for good lord helps those that help themselves

• Owner

Today....

20180813_132443_HDR.jpg

Standing at the top of the ridge with the black behind me. Looking down on the house. Standing at the property boundary. 

20180813_132806.jpg

Then looking towards the black.

20180813_132655.jpg

Gone up the road to the irrigation dam. Untouched. The fire burn near the area... No damage to the dam or piping.

20180813_133704.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Rain would be nice, but just enough to drown the fire out. Heavy rains now would be highly damaging and mudslide for sure would happen. All this area of the fire is nothing but steep mountain terrain. I was sneaking around on the mountain to size up the impact of things like that above me. I'm afraid it might be more problems to come. Amount of dead and dying trees and fire scared land this coming fall, winter and spring might be really interesting. Then again maybe... just maybe I can get lucky and not have any problems. Time will tell. 

• Staff

Mike, get one of those whirlybird grass seeders and make quick work out of seeding some grass up above your house in that black area. If the rains start slow the fall is a good time to get grass to take a hold and get growing. Hay seed is good it, grows aggressive.

• Owner

Battening down the hatches.... Stag 3 Evacuation orders given as of yesterday. In other words, LEAVE NOW!

I'm staying!!! I'm going to hold the fort with MoparMom and Myself. 

Dry Lightning storm rolling in right now and going to have high winds 40-50 MPH winds out of the west. Basically, it could push the fire right back on us pretty quickly. 

https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/5999/

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Mike...!!!  WHAT ARE YOU DOING???  Get the heck out of there.  Material things mean nothing but your life is everything.  Things can be replaced.  Pack up the trailer and your truck with the sentimental stuff and leave because you may not have a chance later.

The number of people who died down here in the CARR fire is crazy.  And the number of people who barely made it out in time is also alarming.....