• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

On 8/15/2018 at 7:08 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

Discovery AT3 215/85 R16 on the 1996 Dodge Ram 1500.

20180815_165816.jpg20180815_165824.jpg

I'll admit, boy they look skinny. Just even that little bit of size change improved this little 5.9L V8 gas engine. Even the transmission shifts better. This little truck weighs in at about 5,500 pounds roughly rarely tows anything anymore. most of its time on the highway. Rare to be offroad. 

I thought you were anti cooper tires? Change of heart? Lol. I ran those AT3's on my 05 that was a 2wd 6spd. Loved them, and it got around great in the snow. Until you put a 25ft. gooseneck and skid steer behind it and tried to get out the driveway. Then cuss while unloading said skid steer to get to the plowed road, reload and finish journey. 

:think:.....:think:......:think:. Ahhh no.

I personally like the Cooper ATP's. On my third set. They did wel for me in the snow, what little i have driven in it any way. The set I have now has 75k or so on them and will probably go 10k more. Not sure why, the other 2 sets onlynwent about 65k. That is as good as any Michelin I have run.

• Owner
9 minutes ago, dripley said:

:think:.....:think:......:think:. Ahhh no.

Ok. I tell the story...

When you doing website administration for other people like "Smartyresource.com" and the owner "Rip Rook @ Source Automotive" ask if there is anything I need. I told yes I need a set of tires for the half ton truck. Then I need the valve seals for the Cummins. All materials delivered as promised. Tires are installed. I'm planning on downing the Cummins to start the head work very soon. Again I wouldn't complain about the brand of tires if some give them free. So now you all know my little secret I have my hands in many websites and you'll set noticing my handy work in the web.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

When tires are given to you free of charge are you going to whine about brand name? I paid nothing for them. Shipped for free. Even mounted and balanced for free. Seriously would you complain?

I was just giving you grief. That's a awesome deal. How in the heck did you pull that deal?

• Owner
1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

nothing wrong with whoring yoursetlf out a bit. 

Well my Linux Server skills are getting well known in certain circles and people finding out I can do some fantastic things on Linux OS systems. Ask @IBMobile about his screw up here on the website. You find out he "deleted" my fire thread by accident and was able to recover the thread while standing in WinCo shopping with him on my cellphone took less than 30 seconds to fix. 

18 minutes ago, Dmaney said:

I was just giving you grief. That's a awesome deal. How in the heck did you pull that deal?

Being I've put in a lot of hours doing custom modification to SmartyResource.Com I ask to trade the work in parts and not a paycheck. BAM! it happened. Tires, seals, etc. 

You'd be surprised of all the connections I've got with different people and business. 

Trying to recover from the hijack... :duh:

Back to the OP if you looking to get tires to break loose on command it like @Me78569 said you need the fuel to come hard and fast. The timing needs to dip low get the turbo to spool fast but recover to high timing quick to keep feeding the fuel to it.