• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Thanks for the reply!  I am currently leaning towards starting with a Quad tuner and just run the control pod, and installing some +- 100 hp new injectors.  Fuel mileage is important too, so I believe I will gain a small measure with the injectors and tuner.  If performance is not going to be up to par, then I might see if a more modern small HX to HY size turbo would help there.  

Still have a well sorted 3rd gen 6.7 to sell as well and have more options with expenses then.  

D27AD34C-BBC2-408A-9C57-9792A72D15A2.jpeg

6 hours ago, dieselautopower said:

pod does not offer the same tune customization as the IQUAD.  If you are not interested in the advanced features its ok.  the control pod is still a great value-- good tuning and $200 worth of gauges for same price as the competition.

Right, but I’m not sure I’m up to the learning curve and finer details anyway.  

How about these from your clearance list?

“Used VP 7x9 sac 100 rebuilt, Bosch body”

• Owner
1 hour ago, dieselautopower said:

Some guys get really deep into the tuning.  Its a lot easier to just load a tune that someone else has posted with similar mods then just make a few tweaks.  Iquad really is the way to go.

Here are a few Quadzilla tunes to start with...

https://mopar1973man.com/files/category/22-quadzilla-standard-tunes/

Also running DAP 7 x 0.0085 VCO Injectors... My list of mods...

https://mopar1973man.com/garage/vehicle/101-2002-dodge-ram-2500/?show=mods

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Imaybail said:

Better mileage, less smoke?  I always thought sacs were more precise.

I guess I always had vco and never had a problem with them, and people say they run cleaner, but that would probably depend on tuning too. Although at idle ecm is in control of fuel and mine are smoke free, but then again I don't know if it's vco or slightly higher pop pressure. Depends on who built injectors too, some of them just pure dirty no matter what you do.

Well, at the present time my HX 35 seems to be working.  Truck showed an overboost code, I found a boost elbow installed.  Changed it back to stock since I don’t have any kind of fooler.  

Might still need a better turbo depending on how egts are controlled .  Will see after tuner and some stronger sticks in there.

Thermocouple has spade terminals on the end, one red and one yellow.  Anybody know what kind of tuner this might have been installed with?  Most I have used/seen use a weather pack type of plug.

0B9A151D-D13F-4120-8738-1C5F3F3F3CC4.jpeg

Edited by Imaybail

3 hours ago, pepsi71ocean said:

Care to expand on this? I'm curios. 

I heard that VCO has a shorter life span, and then tend to leak sooner, unlike the SAC ones, which run cooler? 

That's just what I've heard over years, and original ones are also vco and many went 300k on them. Suppose to burn cleaner and be more efficient. As much as I tear my top end apart I don't care anymore, if they last 100k I'll be more than happy and probably just have them worked and put them right back in. I've had 4 sets of injectors in last 30k so yeah.... buy now I like my set up. If it lasts I'll stick with what I have now. 

• Like 1

Well I got my order in for the Quad ADR and the “Used VP 7x9 sac 100 rebuilt, Bosch body injectors.  

So when I get everything back together I’ll be back with some updated info.

Got to make sure I do a good job on the install, and go ahead and get valves done while I am in there.  Pretty excited to see how it comes out.

6 hours ago, Imaybail said:

Well I got my order in for the Quad ADR and the “Used VP 7x9 sac 100 rebuilt, Bosch body injectors.  

So when I get everything back together I’ll be back with some updated info.

Got to make sure I do a good job on the install, and go ahead and get valves done while I am in there.  Pretty excited to see how it comes out.

Hope you will like the extra power!

Plenty of compressor flow on the fmw 57mm s200gx-e for 400HP, the turbine is its limitation with a 61mm wheel.  The same compressor is used on the 57mm version with the 65mm turbine.  Good to 500HP.

https://www.dieselautopower.com/dap-screaming-eagle-sxe-fmw-2nd-gen-fit-57-65-14-t3-gated-hx40

this would be faster spooling for 450HP https://www.dieselautopower.com/dap-screaming-eagle-sxe-fmw-2nd-gen-fit-57-65-12-t3-gated-hx40

need to update teh picture.  Its smaller like the 174430, but with an improved billet compressor  wheel.

1 hour ago, dieselautopower said:

Plenty of compressor flow on the fmw 57mm s200gx-e for 400HP, the turbine is its limitation with a 61mm wheel.  The same compressor is used on the 57mm version with the 65mm turbine.  Good to 500HP.

https://www.dieselautopower.com/dap-screaming-eagle-sxe-fmw-2nd-gen-fit-57-65-14-t3-gated-hx40

this would be faster spooling for 450HP https://www.dieselautopower.com/dap-screaming-eagle-sxe-fmw-2nd-gen-fit-57-65-12-t3-gated-hx40

need to update teh picture.  Its smaller like the 174430, but with an improved billet compressor  wheel.

Definitely would like the turbo to be quick spooling. With the Quad, would either of these turbos be suited OK with 7x.012s?

And if going to a SXE 62/65 or 62/68 would the quick spooling be gone? Or these turbos getting into the higher horsepower range (500+)?