• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Head gasket blown - Coolant leak

2 hours ago, rogerash0 said:

Great, so the head I got from d&j is probably a bad core they didn't catch. I pretty well figured that. I'm not really the type to kick and scream so now I drive a truck that blows burnt oil from every stop light. It looked hella coked up on the valve stems too thru the exhaust manifold when the mileage wasn't even much. Good luck /w your new head.

That or your valve seals blew off the seat. Pretty common :whistle:

• Staff

Still a good time to send in your tax deductable donation for the year if you haven't done so. Thank you members.

Michael Nelson does a terrific job on this site and spends more time helping others in so many ways.

Its almost like he is the boss of a big mechanic shop with all the workers getting the good advice to accomplish things smoothly.

A Never ending job, I can tell he enjoys doing, but is for the most part an unpaid position. Even if its a dollar Michael knows how to stretch it and use it proper.

Thank you again to the contributing members and the regular members that need the help and love to visit, we all enjoy hearing  about your trucks and whatever interesting news around your place too. :thumb1:

Edited by JAG1

• Staff

:iagree:

What goes around comes around.  This forum is Mike's platform for helping use as a repository of information and a place where we can have our questions answered.   Let's help pay it back with a little extra in this months donation.  

I'm sending the money I saved from not eating chicken nuggets. 

• Haha 1

• Owner

Help! I'm stuck. I've got all but one long stud in the head. The cowl hangs down too much to get the long stud in. Is there any trick for getting past this? I know @Me78569 done studs on his 2nd Gen he would know but I'm not sure what to do and I'm stuck.DSCF4470.JPG

All the other stud are in and seated lightly.

DSCF4468.JPG

Edited by Mopar1973Man