• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Winter is coming - Did you change the air in your tires?

Mopar1973Man

10 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

We are hunting a new area so we dont really know what to expect, but cooler weather at night really helps get the herd moving back and forth between high and low.   

please be late rutt.:pray:

I'm not sure what unit you're going to but I've been up chasing elk around 38 and 29 with my 14 year old cousin on his first hunt. We had elk from 9-11k.

• Staff
28 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Bambi is scheduled to meet his maker in the next 7 days same goes for bambi's bigger cousin elki

Back from 10 days of fishing in the Sierra Nevada mountains and this is what was in the campgrounds, the twins. This is at 7100' and night time lows of 26°-33°F. 

IMG_3860.JPG.bae4d7c73356aae29c25343419f5cc68.JPG

• Like 2

• Owner

Grab a beer and sit on my porch. I'm sure you can find something. Take a ride on ATV behind the house I'm sure you can find something. Heck everyone always gets excited watching the elk across the road from my place and drooling. Joe Albertson as in the grocery store owner has a place across from me. Personally, I'm not the hunting nut. 

• Owner
38 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

I got a job where I have to use 4wd a lot. Would it be less likely to give me trouble and if I change out the vacuum hoses? They are original.

On my 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 I'm planning some time this winter to do all fresh air brake tubing to replace all the vacuum lines. I've got vinyl tubing for now but engine heat does weird things to the tubing. Now that I've studied it a bit more I can clean up the vacuum routing a bunch. Way too many long runs and too much ran on a single connection which is a poor design which I followed. Being there is like 6 ports in the manifold I can separate a bunch of this and route it away from heat. 

• Thanks 1

• Staff
38 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

I got a job where I have to use 4wd a lot. Would it be less likely to give me trouble and if I change out the vacuum hoses? They are original.

Yes, for a trouble free 4 wheel drive winter experience change out the original vacuum hoses.   Be sure to install only Mopar factory winter hoses. 

• Staff
5 hours ago, IBMobile said:

There or on eBay from a little store in Quebec for our Canadian friends, eh.:canada:  

I been to that store it's called the 'Hoser' up in the tundra at the end of main street in a shack in Yellow Knife. $49.99 a ft.

Guest 04Mach1
On 10/16/2018 at 8:03 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

I bet you all forgot to change over to winter blinker fluid so the blinkers do freeze up in the winter.

Here's a coupon if anybody needs it.

imageproxy.jpeg