• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Staff
1 hour ago, 2000Ram2500 said:

I recognize that freeway. Used to drive it everyday to get to jack powell from valley center where i grew up

You're good!  That top pic is the north bound I-15 between the Center City Dr. on ramp and the Deer Springs Rd off ramp just north of Escondido.

The bottom pic is climbing the south bound RT 395  just north of the Conway Summit by Mono Lake, CA. pulling my two trailers.

6 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

By chance do you remember where you bought the pod at or part number for it?

This is an ISSPRO  MTG CUP, OLD STYLE  black 2 1/16".   Part number is R7602-OS

https://www.issprogauges.com/2-1-16-Mounting-Cup-p/iss-r7602-os.htm

or

http://www.dieselmanor.com/isspro/R7602-OS.htm

Some closeups of how it was installed.

IMG_4095.JPG.df711ceaca5fd07fc73cbd41c77a6d03.JPG

IMG_4097.JPG.8de8bf408714057aa9aae31cf8bef9ed.JPG

IMG_4098.JPG.f0ff86c4df948e3545d428845f3bd383.JPG

• Thanks 1

• Staff
On 10/23/2018 at 4:49 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

My EGT limit is set high at 1400F.

That is too high for the timing your running and towing. If you ever got close for any amount of time you would likely have issues. 

With advanced timing and towing I would set your EGT high limit no higher than 1300° and pay close attention above 1250°. 

Remember as timing increases EGT's decrease and cylinder temps increase. This is why my stock motor could hold 1450° all day and now it can't. 

I have my alarm light hit at 1250° and I pretty much don't even need gauges, but the lights gone off a couple times over the years. On an average tow I don't break 1225°. I can pull white bird at 19-20K GCW and 65mph and, normally, not break 1225°. 

Edited by AH64ID
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NIsaacs said:

The blind spot is huge, I am blind in my left eye, but.

I agree also. I have dash mounted pod I thought about adding to. Also thought about switching back in. I sit tall enough to see over the two lower gauges but still a bit wide. Not sure what I am going to do but I would like to return the A pillar back to stock.

• Thanks 1

• Staff
7 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Not worried about it. Quadzilla on level 3 with my foot to the floor with the RV hitched up I can't reach 1,200*F. Floats right at about 1,100 to 1,150 EGT's. 

My point is that if it’s enabled it may as well be at a value that will do some good. 1400 is above that value.