• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Big change in my life...

Mopar1973Man

7 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

There has to be more to life than driving back and forth to medical appointments and staring at computer screens. My days off I still stare at computer screens.

I can relate to the medical appointments but that's about all. Been married going on 47 years, wouldn't know what to do without my wife. Most of my work life was on the road, 40 plus years but since I've had to retire on disability in 2011 my wife has helped me and taken care of me daily. I am a blessed man. Second neck fusion was on the 13th and I am seeing good results from it for a change. Don't know what I would do without our Church life, well I do know, but there is no point of preaching about it because most have heard the truth so the choice is up to them. My family is praying for you Mike, you're too smart to be hanging around empty coffee shops. I have the greatest admiration for you taking care of MoparMom the way you do. Believe it or not God is blessing you but there's a lot of forest in the way at times. You're still hear, you're still inspiring folks, and you're still our friend. Let us know what we can do to help. So far you haven't had to design a Tessla Forum (pull you hair out) yet. Dodges are still on the road and you are King when it comes to putting the information out there. God Bless and don't give up. 

• Like 1

• Owner

Like now there was a turn of events now MoparMom has to be scheduled for surgery for her fistula. It starting to narrow again. So now my surgery goes on hold so I can handle her surgery and then reschedule mine again. It's better this way. At least we might get some spring here and lose a bit of snow and ice. 

Yea... I've hit every coffee shop in Ontario, OR. All of them are empty. Some you have to buy at least coffee or drink to sit in there to use the WiFi. Then I tried all the bars that were a washout too empty as well. The bars with games that are loaded with drunk people stuffing money in the machines. I'll post more on this. I've been looking for places to go but Ontario is the worst for social places to be.

So I can go hang out at WalMart, WareMart or Home Depot. Oh yeah... I'm on a limited budget for every month. Next month all my medical bills kick in so my life gets even more restricted. Now with all this, I wished there was someone else there. Even a good friend. Sad to say all my friends have moved too far for me to visit. My choices are sitting around home beating on the keyboard or driving to medical appointments. Oh, how fun... :clap:

Every time I think my life sucks, I think of places like this and my heart breaks to think of how selfish man can get. This is not even that bad compared to some places that exists out there

https://www.google.com/search?q=india+slums&client=ms-android-verizon&prmd=inmv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjb-s-g8t_gAhWJyoMKHRv2AagQ_AUoAXoECA0QAQ&biw=360&bih=560

Mike, 

we are all driven at some level to want better for ourselves.  I have learned over the years that balance is the key to life.  Life is built on our experiences, and I generally find we want to experience what we haven’t yet experienced.  I have a great wife and three kids at home.  I wouldn’t trade this experience for anything, but working a 12+ hour a day Groundhog Day makes me want to experience your quiet free life.  See my path here?  “Grass isn’t always greener” but the “grass may be different” on the other side.  If my mom needed the care that you provide for your mother, something else in my life will suffer.  I am happy to be a part of your life (this computer screen) which you provide some space for me to escape the chaos.  I don’t know what’s best or worst circumstance, but I do know it all requires some balance.  ULTIMATELY I want to say thank you for the time you spend at that computer monitor which provides some balance for me.  Please let me know if I can help provide some balance for you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Owner

Like today I've got to drive 100 mile into get registration on the truck renewed. Then turn around and head north. Then fix 2010 Cummins that someone bought FASS and most likely got air leak or froze it up. Then race back here try to fix my own truck and get tires rotated, and other things. Then attempt to call the hospital cancel my schedule so I can schedule MoparMom. Still gotta box up my 7 x 0.0085 and get them head to DAP. Nothing fun here...

Then Sat. drive to Ontario again. 12 to 13 hours in the truck. Leave at 7:15am and typically home between 7pm and 8pm.

Down in Ontario, OR there isn't much to do or many places to go that are social gather places. typically I spend the time sitting in the truck still working on the web site using my cellphone as a hotspot. Might lay back in the seat and watch movies when I've had enough of staring at "atop" and "mysqltuner". 

Then I've happened to run into anyone male wise I end up on the "fix me list". Yeah, it a source of income. But after a while it gets boring. Now I'm trying to juggle orders, part and more scheduling to get parts delivered and installed for people. Of course no one lives near me so it's my time more or less to get the parts to the owner (and install them? - Maybe) Kind of like the last one I did in Brogan, OR that sucked because I lost money on the entire deal because of a bad fuel solenoid from DAP. DAP sent me a new one and the customer got a running truck but I end up over $100 out of pocket in fuel alone. 

Looking over at the thermometer is a heat wave this morning at a mere +19°F. Already had fun last night when I got too confident and toss the transfer case back to 2WD to soon last night and did the ice skate dance with the truck. Kept my cool but had some excitement. Pulled the transfer case back in 4WD no issues afterward.

What people don't know is when this all tossed in my lap back in October 2016, when I save MoparMom's life I've been stuck with the dialysis duty since January 2017. Start with just a bit over 270k miles (or so) on the clock. I'm just about to 370k miles now. I've burned over 5,046 gallons of fuel costing over $15,024.11 that I've got logged. Yeah, a huge expense not to mention, Head gasket, burned up PCM and the tow bill, then the AirDog and the tow bill.

Yeah, this year sucked big time. Toss in the fact we were trap last summer with the Rattlesnake Fire and protecting the home. Lost my truck buddy (RIP Diesel). Yeah, no fun at all...

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner
8 hours ago, AH64ID said:

@Mopar1973Man you can renew tags online in a Idaho. https://itd.idaho.gov/itddmv/

If you don’t have the postcard number you can call the DMV and they will give it to you over the phone. 

Yeah, I could of but I need to get it done now. I'm going to be away from home this next week for an extended period. Not to mention the 3% charge in processing credit and debit cards. Typically I would just pick the up in Council, ID but MoparMom kept running late to leave so I couldn't stop to get the tags. MoparMom has a surgery coming this next week and I don't need to hassled by Boise police. 

3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Still gotta wait for the snail mail and get home to get said snail mail. 

Some comments - 

1.  Many states have stopped issuing tabs that indicate the year.  

2.  My son was making a trip across the US - Navy move from east coast to west coast.  He got pulled over in Colorado for not having a current registration.  No - he wasn't pulled over for speeding or anything else.  I suspect that the police car had a camera/scanner that would 'see' the car, identify the license (in this case - it was a Washington State auto license) - and verify the license is current, not reported as stolen, etc.  He was asked about not having current registration. He had forgotten - but the state had not sent anything out...given his moves.   I went on line and re-registered the car immediately (thanks for internet based systems!!) -and he had no further problems on his travels - and he picked up the registration tab and paperwork from me a few weeks later.

3.  I suspect that if you paid the fee - (and in WA  - I can either pay with credit card - unlike ID - no credit card fee.....OR - I can give a bank number/account number and pay that way.)  For me - it beats the drive - and I get it registered and it is in the system.  I can even save to my phone the electronic receipt that shows I updated my auto registration...if I were pulled over and could not find the piece of paper (or had not received it yet).

4.  I suspect that if you registered electronically - you would be in the 'system' - and any police pulling you over would be more than sympathetic to your lack of time to run elsewhere to pick up tabs while you are so busy taking MoparMom ...and yourself - back and forth for major medical issues!

Edited by vineyardmh

• Staff
4 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Still gotta wait for the snail mail and get home to get said snail mail. 

Print your receipt and you're good while you wait for the mail. 

3% fee is lots better than 100 miles, 5 gallons of diesel, and 2-3 hours of your time... 

Mike,

I wish I was your neighbor, I would love to cut wood, work on Cummins, focus on free energy, etc. together.  I sense you are a little burned out on your situation, but I doubt if we sat down and discussed it that you would want to trade with me.  I sense you are frustrated, and I am sure your personal health issue didn’t help.  BUT, take care of your mom, she birthed you, just going to give up and let her die????  I doubt it... 

i get it it that you are currently frustrated with your position, but it could be a lot worse, try to keep the positive mindset on the forefront.  We all have our problems, but that is called LIFE.  I am proud to support someone like you that lives how you do, take that for what it’s worth to you.

Brian

• Owner

What I frustrated with is being alone. I'm frustrated with having no control. I'm frustrated with not being able to work a normal job and pay my bills.

What would be cool is a local friend called me up and ask if I wanted to go hunting. I've got a 30-06 in my closet rusting away hasn't been fired in over 15 years I've only shot one deer in my life. Heck, I've never even learned how to gut a deer yet. The sad part is first I need a friend before that will happen most have moved away. I would love to get a phone call asking if I wanted to go ATV riding for the weekend. Nope ATV is over 11 years old and sits rusting away. Only used to plow snow here in the yard. I would love to have someone call and say let go camping. Nope. The only thing my RV get used for is base of operations typically for me so I can get out of the truck for a period of time and work on this website more. The RV has not been used for camping in over 3 years now. It would be cool if a had a girlfriend or wife that could help and guide the whole thing. Nope. I'm stuck figuring out this puzzle alone. Even this website frustrates me at time amount of hours I put into research and learning just so I can barely make it. :duh:

Basically, all I do is fix trucks and fix websites. Go to empty coffee shops for the last 3 years and sit with my laptop working on the websites. Now I've got to let that go for health reason and now ride a bicycle. Again out of my control I would love to ride somewhere else away from traffic and gagging on exhaust from cars. When I get home to make up for the time that riding a bicycle in Ontario, OR working on this website. Basically, 39 to 40 hours a week (750-miles minimum a week) I'm stuck in pickup driving even is the nastiest weather you can think of. Gotta... Mom's life depends on it. 

The only perk is I'm still alive and so is Mom.

Like I know @IBMobile called up on Wednesday night offer to help but right now there is no way. Too much snow, very cold and no way an RV will hold up to near zero temperatures coming. Maybe by spring when it gets here that would be a good plan. But so much can happen between now and then. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner
2 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Mike why don't you ride your bike on the college campus? No smog that way. You might meet a nice gal there too.:thumb1:

That's illegal to carry firearms on school grounds. Yes I still carry daily. So no I cannot ride in that area. No I do not trust people enough not to carry. Really strange people down there.

• Staff
24 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

That's illegal to carry firearms on school grounds. Yes I still carry daily. So no I cannot ride in that area. No I do not trust people enough not to carry. Really strange people down there.

Do you have an enhanced permit? It's been legal for a few years if you do. 

https://security.boisestate.edu/guns-on-campus/

• Staff

Colleges must be getting weird today. Back when I was in school I had some good buds that were responsible folks. Like the retired test pilot. Two of us had MG cars we used to work on. I used to be part of a Christian group, had some good buds there too.