• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Big change in my life...

Mopar1973Man

• Owner
1 hour ago, AH64ID said:

Most people on here work 40 hours a week, commuting time not included.

I would be thrilled to death to be like most people. At least most people get paid for the 40 hours a week. I get ZERO. Nothing for my 40 hours and attempt to survive on mere 8k a year. There is a huge difference. I've got no problem working 60 or 80 hours. Been there done that. To work and not get paid is horrid.  I would love like hell to go back to working 40 hours a week and having a paycheck. I figure somewhere down the line there is a balance the Good Lord will provide.

I've got to take care of MoparMom she is the only family I've got left and she took care of me for all those years its only right to take care of her in the time of need. I even took care of my Dad when he died of cancer back in 2004. 

Then toss in my medical and her medical this is getting rather tough. 

Like I'm hoping today I can get a project done on a 2010 Ram truck and get it running for the owner since a local gent managed to delete it and leave the truck in a state of non-running. Nickle and dime my way... :broke:

• Staff
3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I would be thrilled to death to be like most people. At least most people get paid for the 40 hours a week. I get ZERO. Nothing for my 40 hours and attempt to survive on mere 8k a year. There is a huge difference. I've got no problem working 60 or 80 hours. Been there done that. To work and not get paid is horrid.  I would love like hell to go back to working 40 hours a week and having a paycheck. I figure somewhere down the line there is a balance the Good Lord will provide.

I've got to take care of MoparMom she is the only family I've got left and she took care of me for all those years its only right to take care of her in the time of need. I even took care of my Dad when he died of cancer back in 2004. 

Then toss in my medical and her medical this is getting rather tough. 

Like I'm hoping today I can get a project done on a 2010 Ram truck and get it running for the owner since a local gent managed to delete it and leave the truck in a state of non-running. Nickle and dime my way... :broke:

So this is the point in your life where you must decide if you want to continue on your road or change things up. 

You could always move to town, close to where your mom needs her treatment and get a regular job. That would keep mom taken care of, and let you get some more interaction, friends, conversations, and income. Sure it's not the ideal mountain life that you love, but then again it may not be as ideal anymore... otherwise this conversation would not be happening. 

There would be pro's and con's to moving, but either way it will be what you make of it. 

You've got a truck and a RV, you can move to town and then spend your time on the road to the mountains when you're not at work. That's how the rest of us get by. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to live up where you do but I don't have a way to support my family up there so I visit the mountains and hope to retire up there some day. It's the end game that keeps me sane in the city... and really Boise is a great place to live. I've live in bigger cities, there is very little to complain about in Boise.  

Just throwing it out there. 

• Like 1

• Owner
19 minutes ago, AH64ID said:

You could always move to town, close to where your mom needs her treatment and get a regular job.

Won't happen. You guys can keep your big cities. I've got plenty of jobs up here I can do but just need the time. Even Mom refuses to move down there because of its horrid and city crime is way high. I've talked to enough people down in the Ontario area and the cost of living is nearly double. Those are my bills. Give up the house so I double my bills... Not a good plan. 

• Power (sharply reduced in the summer - hydro/solar power)
  • Phone / Internet
  • Insurance

I've already got an idea on cost of living down there which is nearly double what the cost is here even with the travel of going back and forth.

What I NEED is a company that is willing to do her dialysis at home (In home health care). Insurance will pay for everything and already been authorized. Just need someone to do the training and then Mom would have dialysis at home and I can go back to work that simple. I found one in Grangeville but I'm having doubts on them coming through again. I've been authorized for the machine and all the equipment and supplies. Just need the body to do the job. 

The stupid part is DaVita has a clinic in Ontario, OR. So the built a new one. The new clinic is just across the river in Fruitland, ID. How fricken stupid. 

Screenshot from 2019-03-03 16-00-03.png

There is many people up here in this area that travel for dialysis. I know of one in Council, ID. I know of a few in McCall, ID. Still we can't get DaVita to build a clinic in McCall, ID how stupid!

Jeff is another guy I know down at DaVita and he's got to drive an hour or more from Brogan, OR for treatment every other day. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner
2 hours ago, AH64ID said:

I’m sure there are other options than Ontario. 

Not really I've been talking to folks trying to move into Ontario area and there is nothing affordable or available. This isn't an option. Being I could never get Mom to move down there she won't do it. Neither will I. 

This comes back around to find a person to do the training. The dialysis training is FREE it cost nothing but takes 8 hours a day, for 5 days a week for 2 months to complete. If you have a medical background this can be shortened.  I've come close 4 times now. Sad the best one out of all them live right here in New Meadows, ID she is a retired EMT and plenty of medical knowledge but the day we were going to start training she found out she had cancer. Dang... I found the second one in Riggins, ID that was a nurse for the clinic and she did her husbands dialysis for over 7 years. The day we suppose to start training she informs me that she's moving to the south. Crap! Had the third one in Council, ID that works at McCall hospital. She opted for it but couldn't do the training without losing her job. 

If I could find the right girlfriend possibly I could get this filled in...

Edited by Mopar1973Man

One of the best places to meet people is at a gymnasium.

You'll get plenty of help and advice to get healthier and fit, and you'll meet both male and female folks, many of them with the same challenges as you.  Your body and mind are a team. Get your body on the road to health, and your mind will tag along.

If there's a community facility, it may be worth joining. You will meet people !

Good luck - health !

• Owner
20 minutes ago, Macarena Man said:

One of the best places to meet people is at a gymnasium.

You'll get plenty of help and advice to get healthier and fit, and you'll meet both male and female folks, many of them with the same challenges as you.  Your body and mind are a team. Get your body on the road to health, and your mind will tag along.

If there's a community facility, it may be worth joining. You will meet people !

Good luck - health !

Let me get back to that... I'll gather intel on that and show you want that town has to offer. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Owner

Weehaw... Even better news. St. Lukes hospital just sent me a letter stating that they are going to forgive 60% of my bill with them and drops it down to just under $6,000 for what my current bill is. Now let's see how the next surgery stacks up in this and this is a pill I can swallow.

https://www.gofundme.com/mopar1973man-hospital-bills

Or... On the website...

https://mopar1973man.com/donate/make-donation/?_new=1&goal=11

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Staff

Now let there be more good news on Monday.  

May the doctor's mind be clear and have a steady hand.

Let the surgery be successful and your body be free of cancer. 

Guide the nurses to gently and skillfully tend to your care. 

With thoughts and prayers toward a speedy and painless recovery.  

• Like 3

• Owner

I'm holding my head high and thinking positive. The Good Lord has a plan for me. I'm doing everything I can do to keep a balance in my life and not let the stress get me down. This has been a huge eye-opener for me. I had to do something about my blood pressure. I've managed to knock that back to near normal level huffing on the bicycle. Doing 20 mile rides now. I've even changed up how I grocery shop now. I'll now do as much as I can on the bicycle and then use the truck for bigger loads. Like Thursday needed toothbrush heads from WalMart so I rode over got them. Then rode back to the truck and dropped them off. Then rode over to WareMart and picked up a few things and rode back to the truck. Yeah not far barely a mile away. Sometimes I'll go to the other end of town for Albertsons and huff back with a few items. Yeah, I've done a lot to fix my health. 

Now as for cancer/tumor I'm pretty sure it going to be gone. The doctor wants to put a stent in the right ureter just to protect it from the damage it's taken. I've been still dosing with my herb at night and letting it do its job. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

My lifestyle might be on the "struggling side" but I'm managing to survive in my humble way. I've managed to keep going.

I can relate to what is happening with you.  Agent Orange has reared it's ugly head for me.  Prostate cancer which couldn't be found with 3 biopsies, 45 total samples, not cancerous, not precancerous.  Doc says not comfortable at all with that so ordered lymph node and bone scans. 

Bones clear but 3 enlarged lymph nodes which she tells me only comes from the prostate.  At that point surgery and some other options are off the table.  I now have Doug for Kaiser Doc but mostly go through VA. I really like Doug and found he fishes some where I do although have not yet ran onto him.  :thumbup2:  Now 3 1/2 years later blown through most medications in a few months instead of several years like most. 

Past year diagnosis terminal, prognosis 3-5 years of which some is already gone.  One more pill left beside lupron shot continuation then next would be a form of chemo once very 3 weeks for who knows how long.  Doug had mentioned about research through OHSU and so asked about that and was referred to them.  Was #7 on a list for one but just found out did not have proper blood work markers.  Waiting for another to come up later in summer maybe but continue on for now. 

When I met Julie (research Doc) she reiterated the diagnosis/prognosis since I told her I was a guy that wanted to know upfront.  By this time it had jumped to my left femur which I thought was probably a couple spots even though she wanted to x-ray it to make sure I didn't have a break.  I was like whoa, whoa, whoa, whachu talkin' 'bout Willis in my mind.  I'm still fishing, working around home and doing other stuff I have always done although at much reduced speed and energy due to medication.  If not for that I really would not know anything is wrong.  X-ray ame back OK.

Next time I saw her I asked to see what the scans looked like.  Arthritis pretty much everywhere which I already knew but I was shocked to see my left femur.  As soon as she turned it around I could see why she wanted x-ray last time.  In probably 3/4 of the femur.  Not so good.

I did look Julie right in the eyes and told her I had an 8 year old grandson (9 in a few days) and for him the sun rises and sets on me.  He has told me, his mother and Grandmother that he loves Poppy more anyone else in this world which I take very seriously.  I then said I believe there is a God, a plan for your life, someone is watching out for you, in the power of prayer and miracles because as recently as 2010 if not for a miracle you and I would not be talking right now.  So I have asked God for 10 years, 3,650 days, not for me but for Makiah or a complete healing miracle, not so much for me although I would like that, but for my unbelieving friends and relatives, they know who they are, and I am believing he will at least give me the 10 years for Makiah.

Grumpy old men.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just typing hear for what's worth and what has helped us.  

Wife with 3 cancer operations and now with brain tumor for last 2 yrs.  Dr appointments usually 2 or 3 times a week.  

1.  Your blood work, not only keep a record of it.  But understand what they are testing for and keep track of your numbers.

2.  Med's...try to keep enough on hand for back up.  3 times now there has been a national shortage on 1 type she needs.  Had to call around to different places to get.  Pharmacy's at retail chains...give the actual NDC number as it's easy to get names of meds screwed up.

3.  There is always somebody in worse shape.  We went to a meeting with other people with brain tumors.  (Wife cant control her right side of arm or leg)

We thought we had it bad until we saw people that had no feeling in there face.  Tongues bit off, because no feeling when they bit into it.  

There is always someone worse off.

Keep the faith, whatever you believe in.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

:whistle:

34 minutes ago, 015point9 said:

3.  There is always somebody in worse shape.  We went to a meeting with other people with brain tumors.  (Wife cant control her right side of arm or leg)

We thought we had it bad until we saw people that had no feeling in there face.  Tongues bit off, because no feeling when they bit into it.  

There is always someone worse off.

Keep the faith, whatever you believe in.

34 minutes ago, 015point9 said:

Sorry about all that and good advice.  When I come home from one of my many appointments I always feel better especially if it was at Pill Hill (PDX) instead of in the Couve as I see how much better I am than maybe 90% or more of those I see.  Many very crippled up, with walkers, in wheelchairs, some with missing limbs and just about everything else in between.  I even ran onto a fella in Costco that bailed under the counter when someone dropped a heavy box with huge bang.  It made everyone jump including me but this poor guy come up peering over the counter muttering something about PTSD which I have never had at all.  Was even checked for it at my wifes insistence and interviewer said I don't see you having it any way shape or form.  :burnout:  I thought I gotta talk to this guy which I did and he said until about 5-6 years ago never had it either then just out of the blue here it is.  I am very blessed to be where I am at even with the health issues which I have great faith God will give the the time I asked for Makiahs sake.  :)

Edited by Russ Roth

• Owner

Wow! @Russ Roth and @015point9 ...

Heck of a story there Russ... That is sad to hear you listed as terminal. Hopefully the Good Lord willing that this healed in his own way. Never thought I could get cancer this soon in life either but I've been told already that there is a 95% survival rate with bladder cancer. My next surgery is to double check I'm good. Got my fingers crossed. 

@015point9 I've got a friend in Riggins with a wife with a brain tumor as well. She is doing good right now and going to live life to the fullest. Had some other medical issues but she keeps springing back. She is even younger than I am.

I just keep marching forward the best I can... I might not be fast but I'm still moving forward.  

• Thanks 1