• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Big change in my life...

Mopar1973Man

• Owner
23 hours ago, 04Mach1 said:

I'm not sure about the idaho / Oregon areas but are there ample job opportunities for you closer to medical care for your mom?

The problem, MoparMom doesn't want to live anywhere near the city. Not to mention our expenses up here are a fraction of the city. The only monthly bills we have is power, phone and internet. Being M73M handles the phone and internet that leave MoparMom handling the power bill. No water bill, No sewer bill, No trash bill, etc. Being we make our own power and pump our own water. Cost of living here is way low. MoparMom income wouldn't be enough to live in Ontario, OR. Too expensive.

23 hours ago, 04Mach1 said:

If you could find temporary residence and steady paying job closer to properly equipped medical facilities that provide the services your mom requires, you probably would have a better life balance which would probably greatly improve yours and your mom's mental and physical health.

I just need a person will to do the dialysis training that lives up here. The training is 2 months long, 5 days a week, for 8 hours a day. Once I had a person to do the dialysis at home MoparMom could enjoy her retirement here at home and I could go back to work right here in the canyon. I've got plenty of people to work for but with 39 hours a driving a week it tough to work Wednesdays and Fridays. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Staff

Not to stir the pot here, but.... you got 4 days off a week Mike. When I was 64 I was driving 15 and working 40 hrs a week. By Friday I felt like crawling into a coffin not bed. By Monday I was okay, not perfect, but okay to do it again. 

You have a great place there allowing you to feel better about life. I wouldn't move.... no way, but I would hang out a shingle for some hours of shop time each week. Even 4 hr days could net you enough to whittle down the medical.

• Owner

Right now the local economy is very slow till spring time. I'm going to use this time to work primarily on my health FIRST. Then once I'm sure I can handle the stress and workload I'll jump in the saddle of wrench turning. 

I've had a wake-up call. Good Lord gave me a huge warning to change what I'm doing and handle things differently. Like this morning I'm eating health with oatmeal and going to get my tail out to the shop and work on the Cummins. I need to handle the fuel leak issue. Then once I get that handled I can pull my mountain bike out of the woodshed and get it fixed up for riding again. I'm going to start riding my bicycle again and get exercise. 

I'm going to limit my web work a bit for now again focusing primarily on my health and getting into shape. 

As for where we live yeah it long ways from medical attention but... Monthly expenses are a fraction of what people pay in the Ontario - Boise Area. There is no way we could survive down there and with the cost of living. Again here we come back to the current economy and lack of business is a good thing right now I can finish healing and get my body in shape and then jump into the workforce this spring ready for action. 

• Like 2

That sounds like a hell uv a good plan Mike, take care of yourself first. Without your health nothing else matters, I too am a hermit out in the back country and would not have it any other way.

Glad your doing better. and welcome to the world of ageing, sometimes it dont come easy but beats the alternative.

• Owner
42 minutes ago, 01cummins4ever said:

I too am a hermit out in the back country and would not have it any other way.

:) Hell yeah... Simple life and easy living. 

42 minutes ago, 01cummins4ever said:

That sounds like a hell uv a good plan Mike, take care of yourself first. Without your health nothing else matters,

Oh trust me. I'm talking to many people about diet changes and herbs to help with the blood pressure. Between that and the cannabis at night. I'm super grateful that the cannabis is helping with the healing of my bladder and my right kidney.  

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

I setup a GoFundme for Mike.  If you have a buck to spare I am sure Mike would be greatful.   

https://www.gofundme.com/mopar1973man-hospital-bills

Hard times come and go, hopefully we can easy the struggle for a good guy.

Serious question...

I tend to be skeptical of "GoFundMe" because they can take 3% to 5% (or more).

Since Mopar1973Man already has a "DONATE" link at the top - wouldn't using that ensure that 100% of donations go to him, and nothing for GFM?

I don't mind donating - but I want everything to go to the good cause!

Mike

• Like 4

I thought of that as well, but the site requires you be a member to donate and we see a lot of push back for that via facebook etc.   ALOT of people visit the articles and never sign up.  

gofundme takes under %3 and offers a better platform for "sharing" I feel dirty for saying that.   

We would also have to seperate out the donation goals in the system to keep server upkeep $ seperate to helping mike wiht medical bills.   that adds another level of compexity on top of the above.   

Good thought though.

Edited by Me78569

• Owner

Even Paypal has a percentage they take so what's the worst of the two evils. Nick is right it would take more effort to sort out the fund and keep things straight. 

@Me78569 thank you sir for taking the step to start that. Trust me I will be glad to make a payment towards my bills. Sad to say about 7 times more than the GFM goal now roughly speaking from what I know.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Even Paypal has a percentage they take so what's the worst of the two evils. Nick is right it would take more effort to sort out the fund and keep things straight. 

@Me78569 thank you sir for taking the step to start that. Trust me I will be glad to make a payment towards my bills. Sad to say about 7 times more than the GFM goal now roughly speaking from what I know.

Fair enough.  

I just didn't want to 'feed the beast' - that has gotten fairly political (GFM) in the past, if there was a better option.

Mike

I think GoFundMe got a bad rap.  the fee they charge is actually just the cost that the CC company charges to process the payment from people.  they operate via dontations to keep the site alive.  when you donate you can throw a buck their way in the checkout.  

8 hours ago, Me78569 said:

I think GoFundMe got a bad rap.  the fee they charge is actually just the cost that the CC company charges to process the payment from people.  they operate via dontations to keep the site alive.  when you donate you can throw a buck their way in the checkout.  

Me, if we were a visitor, how would we find this account? Would we have to go to this thread? As time passes, it will become buried and might not even be found. Would it be a good idea to have it on the main page, like the signup donation is? Plus, the site donation gives you more benefits/privileges, with the more you donate.

Let us know, thanks.  

• Owner
4 hours ago, NIsaacs said:

Me, if we were a visitor, how would we find this account? Would we have to go to this thread? As time passes, it will become buried and might not even be found. Would it be a good idea to have it on the main page, like the signup donation is? Plus, the site donation gives you more benefits/privileges, with the more you donate.

Let us know, thanks.  

Valid point. There can be an announcement banner place at the top. I'm not able to do that right this moment this morning being I packing for travel day again. @Me78569 should be able to create such.

Yep I have been thinking about that.  

2 things need to happen.  I need to put a banner up, and then people who do donate should share on any social media to their other truck friends who have benifited from Mikes work.

the banner is up for visitors in the articles section