• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Replacement 6x9 door speakers

These are what I bought and installed.  I bought them as a cheap way to test out my system cause I wasnt sure if I had bad speakers in the front or something else so I just bought these.  I'm not an audiophile or anything (besides, my truck is too loud to hear any music too well anyways) so they work well enough for me.  

Now I need to find some replacement tweeters for in the A pillar.

For money spent vs sound quality check out Polk Audio. A good set of their 6x9's can be had for around $100.  For $120 you can get db6501 component set from ebay and make an adapter from 1/4 mdf to mount where the 6x9 goes. I have a set of $500 Boston Acoustic components and the $120 db6501 sounds clearer and plays louder on the same amp.

Now that this been brought up I realize that my speakers suck, thanks a lot ha ha. I'm thinking of going this route Kicker 43DSC69304, first on the list in this link, thanks @Andrey https://soundrating.com/best-6x9-speakers/#Infographic

with maybe an added amp, seems they lack base but have good evening else. I'm not a big fan of base anyway. Some reviews say they should of went with 6.5 inch instead of 5.25 and holes don't line up and needs spacers. Any comments on that anyone ? 

How about this combo

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Polk-Audio-5-25-300W-Car-Marine-ATV-Speakers-Pair-6-x-9-360W-Speakers-Pair/232286107810?hash=item361554b8a2:g:9dYAAOSwax5Y2uZZ:sc:ShippingMethodStandard!52722!US!-1

Or this https://www.ebay.com/itm/Polk-Audio-A-Pair-Of-DB652-6-5-and-DB692-6x9-Speakers-Includes-2-Pair/163582653195?hash=item261649330b:g:ZIMAAOSwN21cgEUU:sc:ShippingMethodExpress!52722!US!-1

Which one is better, they say Kicker has better sound on 6x9 but I'm not a speaker guy by any means, Polk seems good too, great here we go again  :ahhh:

Edited by Dieselfuture
  • Like 1

In my 01 i have 1 set Polk db5251 and db6501 in each rear door and 2 6.5 boston acoustic component sets in each front door. The Polks blow away the Bostons and the 6.5s sound better than the 5.25s. I would definitely go with the 6.5 over the 5.25 speakers. Screw holes are easy to drill and spacers are easy to make. The Polks wiil really come alive with a good amp with around 100 watts rms. I have some Kicker amps but have not had any of their speakers in probably 20 years so i cant help you there. I have Skar mid bass and subwoofer crammed in there too. I like it loud but clean.

I might sound like i work for Polk but i do not. I've had lots of speakers but i keep going back to the Polk db series because of cost vs sound quality and durability. I have abused these for about 12 years and cant kill them.

• Like 1

I'm giving the Rockford Fosgate 6x9'' and 5.25'' a try.  I have two RF 400W 10" subs that blow me away with both the kick and sound quality depsite how low I have the amp set, so I'm hoping the door speakers will be alright without an amp.

Edited by trreed
  • Like 1

A buddy of mine used the db652 on his side by side. Mounted them in some homemade pvc speaker pods on the roll bar. With a 50 watt rms amp they are clear and loud. I would bet the 6x9 would be just as good. I would recommend getting some foam baffles to put the speakers in. Helps keep moisture from speakers and helps with sound quality.

• Thanks 1

Order online;

Boss 6x9s in the doors

Boss 6" in the rear doors (they'll fit)

Sound stream 1" tweeters in the pillars

Kenwood double din for the reciever (nice backup camera too)

If you like bass:

2 low profile 10s in a custom box under the back seat with a 4000w amp does nicely

I can get more specifics if you want.

20190413_231941.jpg

Edited by SavageTusk
  • Thanks 1