• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Which Torque Convertor To Get

The Goerend pan is definitely a strong piece...instead of cooling fins it has a structural double 'X' across the pan from corner to corner and middle side to middle side on the bottom.  And in that part the aluminum is up to an inch thick which I imagine adds tremendous strength to the case and the transmission.  

• Staff
3 minutes ago, 01cummins4ever said:

If I was in a better position when mine went out couple weeks ago I would have gone this route.

This is why I'm doing it.  1000 mile trip is a short one for me towing my 5er.  This spring was a 3000 mile trip and the past 2 years I did a couple of 7,000 mile trips.  I don't need any problems with the trans like I had with the VP44 in Riggins ID.

On 8/23/2019 at 1:29 AM, Evan said:

I wonder if I could do input shaft myself.

You can if time and tools permit, in my case most likely the largest issue I have is dedicated time. Lack there of.

But depending on the miles you have on your trans, you pretty much are pulling the whole thing apart, if higher miles and never been freshened up, its one of those while your in there kind of things it spirals out of control easily. Not saying you have to go crazy and do everything top shelf. But a decent rebuild kit would not be a bad idea. 

One issue you will run into are the reference books are not always accurate for a inexperienced person like myself, there is no step by step guide, you kinda need to use the ATSG book, the FSM, and all help you can dig up for some of the stuff as it's not always accurate in the books.

Edited by Timd32

My tranny is pretty fresh.  50k or less on it since I stuffed alot of money in it. I used to know what all is in it but I dont anymore. Most everything I couldnt afford.

I cheated put and didn't do a triple should have. :( since I did as much as I did

2 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Jon says the Georend trans pan adds strength to the trans case which it needs after his mods are done.

Just to be clear, I do not make any mods during a build that weaken the case and make it necessary to have an aluminum pan. The design of the case, right from the factory, makes it beneficial to have some form of aluminum pan to add structure and stiffen the case.

• Staff
7 hours ago, Dynamic said:

Just to be clear, I do not make any mods during a build that weaken the case and make it necessary to have an aluminum pan. The design of the case, right from the factory, makes it beneficial to have some form of aluminum pan to add structure and stiffen the case.

Yes that is the way I understood it.... that a stronger internal build for greater towing capability and reliability makes sense for reinforcing the transmission housing as well. I am sorry Jon to have infered anything else 'Boss'. I stand corrected.:punish:.... Until Dripley starts his relentless pecking. LOL

Edited by JAG1

3 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Yes that is the way I understood it.... that a stronger internal build for greater towing capability and reliability makes sense for reinforcing the transmission housing as well. I am sorry Jon to have infered anything else 'Boss'. I stand corrected.:punish:.... Until Dripley starts his relentless pecking. LOL

Well pecker head!!

• 2 weeks later...

If it hasn't been picked up yet make... sure you have good visibal shipping label...you don't want it to do a sight seeing tour all over all over the US. And  If me I'd use a magic marker on the wood. POC (point of contact)  your number.  And when you get tracking number, check on it daily

• Staff
20 minutes ago, 015point9 said:

sure you have good visibal shipping label.

Yes, it's been shipped and a copy of the bill of lading is tucked under the first strap and bar code labels are on each strap.

44 minutes ago, dripley said:

Nice pallet, buid it yourself or is that a @JAG1 original?

3X4 pallet I got for free from Escondido Volvo.  @JAG1 was busy building a house.

8 minutes ago, Bullet said:

Ouch...just seeing that thing out of the truck makes me start sweating.  Memories... 

The next time I think about pulling a transmission on may back in the dirt somebody come by and slap me. :punish:

I'll be putting it in at a shop near here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Staff
1 hour ago, 015point9 said:

If it hasn't been picked up yet make... sure you have good visibal shipping label...you don't want it to do a sight seeing tour all over all over the US. And  If me I'd use a magic marker on the wood. POC (point of contact)  your number.  And when you get tracking number, check on it daily

If I know Daniel, he's got it insured for 50 grand :lol: