• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Pepsi's modified 1999 Long Term Injector study.

So this is what I'm dealing with. It's all buttoned up now. 

On another note this I discovered

KIMG6801.JPG.c617aa6d5b3640c44b0d013252775142.JPG

Makes me think we should always periodically check our stuff. It's a fuel leak alright. Look know shiney and diesel smelling it is ?

KIMG6802.JPG.8e08b7de2e6b806be0851cb4a7fedc2f.JPG

Also think I'm leaking oil from here too. 

Now if I could only find out where that transmission fluid is going.....

9 hours ago, Dynamic said:

What's going on with your TV lever in that first picture?

Both the TV lever and the Gear linkage came loose, it was very odd.

SO a PSA Drain your tanks. I installed this drier into the air compressor system and it was the best thing I ever did.

307657005_KIMG6609(1).JPG.33f7341387614aeaa8dc2f8eef8f68e0.JPG

And now my newest addition to the truck

group 31 batteries. And holy smokes do they make a huge difference.

I'll have a write up coming for this.

KIMG6819.JPG.8cb7913aa6868778d82c6f43939ee53d.JPG

This truck turns over like a raped ape. Each battery has almost 1200 cranking amps, and 950CCA, rather-wise my old group 27's were 850 and 650CCA respectively.

• Like 2

On 3/13/2020 at 12:13 PM, Evan said:

TV arm in bolted?

It worked its way loose, and I'm clueless how that happened. I ended up cleaning the brackets up, put them back on and torqued the **** out of the lock down bolts, and i'll have to keep an eye on it.

A side note, I readjusted my TV cable and my boost seems to be running lower. Not sure why. But I'll be draining the Power steering system and refilling it today or tomorrow.

9 hours ago, Evan said:

I bet your rear mains leaking. 

Is it shifting higher rpm now that the tv is reset?

Irony it is, but the trucks shifting way lower. 1-2 Shift is about 1,900, 2-3 is about 1,750, 3-4 is about 1,750.

And not to mention that this is light throttle. Boost pressure is also lower, and so are egt's. Even driving down the highway. I can't explain it.

8 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

All @pepsi71ocean has to do is change his tune on the Smarty and it will change the shift parameters because the TQ man setting gets fuel down lower causing the throttle to be lighter than other other tunes and now it shifts different because TV cable is pulled less. 

The Smarty is on SW5, can't go any lower then that, however, it seems that  readjusting the TV Cable seems to have resolved other issues as well, such as the trucks constant wish to run around in 3rd or 4th gear.

If I was on say6 SW9 then ripping to SW5 or SW7 would indued he;pm

Edited by pepsi71ocean

• Owner

@Dynamic

What is is that Smarty software with TQ Man feature allows for much more fuel at low speeds. This means either light throttle or heavy throttle usage. This now changes the TV cable position without adjusting. Pepsi can go up on power and have it shifting early because more power less throttle. Now go down in power and need more throttle now it shift later. 

Basically what is happening is the Smarty is at 100% throttle by your actually at 30 to 35% throttle actually.  

The more power we make from the fuel burned under the hood the more pressure we need from our hydraulic fluid in the transmission to hold that power. 

Does not matter what name is on the programmer .

Us auto guys have more tuning to do but end up with good drivable combos that are a step above the stick sticking out of the hump in the floor.  Ooooops did I say that 

Edited by Evan

Almost! Depends on where the user tunes the power to come in.

Back in the day the smarty ws popular for its plug and play power off idle. Offcourse this is where the transmission is making its least amount of pressure. So it needs to be adjusted accordingly to compensate or fuel turned down. 

The smarty just isn't a programmable programmer like the quad that can be refined through pedal range and power band .

I'm still uncertain what change sw# has compared to tm# seems it may change alittle with sw#

Edited by Evan

On 3/16/2020 at 9:29 AM, Dynamic said:

Set the TV cable so the WOT 1-2 shift occurs at 2900 rpm, and then leave it alone.

I'll check this. I wonder if it will solve my 2nd gear issue.

On 3/16/2020 at 9:34 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

@Dynamic

What is is that Smarty software with TQ Man feature allows for much more fuel at low speeds. This means either light throttle or heavy throttle usage. This now changes the TV cable position without adjusting. Pepsi can go up on power and have it shifting early because more power less throttle. Now go down in power and need more throttle now it shift later. 

Basically what is happening is the Smarty is at 100% throttle by your actually at 30 to 35% throttle actually.  

Only the TM changes the fueling curve pre-spool up. Shifting sooner or later based on the TV cable, and the smarty I have noticed that the TV cable still over rides the Smarty.

A good example of this is where the smarty could cause stack shifting, but so can just a little too much TV cable.

Since adjusting my TV cable to WOT/Tight, the truck runs lower gears now, and doesn't favor running around in a higher gear. Which for years was a chronic issue I dealt with.