• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

search help

015point9

I'm not sure why but three letter words don't show up.  Oil or gas or car... also 3 letter words don't show up either.  At least using the phone not sure about a laptop.  Guess that's how the search works?

Edited by 015point9
Info

A finely honed in on a Google search for three-letter search words yep it's a big computer world out there also it over my head.  Mysql etc gets deeper into computers than what I'm used to...namely my computers on off button

"Jamb" as search word...38 threads or something.  

As a side note..(wife with brain tumor) I'm  talking out loud to myself,  I say "jamb" nut, jamb nut...wife looks over at me and says...

no, we dont have any nut trees to make jam with:cookoo:

• Staff

I'm sorry to hear about your wife, do you guys believe in the good boss above?

A bit off topic, but I went down an bought a big combination metric and standard crescent wrench to unjam the nuts on my adjustable track bar. (Had to recenter the differential after having 1 inch lowering kit installed). I no longer have big behemoth arms like Mike Nelson to unjam lock nuts so had to use floor jack to push on wrench.. I got it adjusted perfect and had a peanut butter and jam sandwich and then nice stomach ache from too much jam (oozing while biting). It was good though.:thumb1:

015point9, what part is it on your truck are you doing the jam nut search for? I'm all elephant ears.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

• Staff
2 hours ago, dripley said:

This has been fun to read. I think the 2 nuts are "jammed" together.

I gotta get one of those SAE/metric combo adjustable wrenches. Tired of carring 2.

Yep, one side's metric and you just flip it over for SAE. I labeled each side with my engraver.

12 hours ago, JAG1 said:

I'm sorry to hear about your wife, do you guys believe in the good boss above?

Yep, sure do

12 hours ago, JAG1 said:

015point9, what part is it on your truck are you doing the jam nut search for? I'm all elephant ears.

Somebody was posting about fuel pressure jumping up and down.  I was going to tell them to check the jam nut on their airdog.

7 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

We've pulled out the search engine function so we are back to basic fulltext search from the MySQL server. I could attempt to see if there is an update or fix to the previous search engine and try again. 

After reading about those things I’d be afraid to touch it. I was just wondering why.

• Staff
1 hour ago, 015point9 said:

Yep, sure do

Somebody was posting about fuel pressure jumping up and down.  I was going to tell them to check the jam nut on their airdog.

Not to worry I was talking with him today. His name Brian and he has a Raptor lift pump. He supposed to get back to me and let me know if anything gets figured out.

• Owner
14 hours ago, 015point9 said:

After reading about those things I’d be afraid to touch it. I was just wondering why.

There was a result problem with the first go about it. It been missing for nearly a year now and I should revisit the software and fire it back up with updates. 

https://www.elastic.co/

That is the software we were using while back.

• Owner

Yeah the "MySQL fulltext" search has been known for absolutely poor results. This is why the Elasticsearch was added it responds more like Google does. Yes there was issues for the What New function but I'll dive in and check and see if that has been fixed in the last few software updates. Manufacture of the software use to display what bugs they were working on and now is all closed to the public so you never know if the issue is fixed or not till you just try again.

From the sounds of it nearly no one was using the elasticsearch function as the tech's didn't even know about it.  I reported the bug, but given the low priority of it, due to low usage, I doubt it is fixed.