• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

He gets alot them from Industial injection. But I dont know that is his only supplier, Thats definitely a question for @dieselautopower. This should get his attention. I have never had any trouble calling them myself. The pump I bought from him a year ago was done by Industrial Injection.

Edited by dripley

21 minutes ago, dripley said:

He gets alot them from Industial injection. But I dont know that is his only supplier, Thats definitely a question for @dieselautopower. This should get his attention. I have never had any trouble calling them myself. The pump I bought from him a year ago was done by Industrial Injection.

Thanks dripley. Not sure what was going on. I have texted that number on their website before and got a pretty quick response, people get busy though. Part of it. 

3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

No, DAP no longer is selling Industrial Injection Pump. DAP is using Midwest Fuel Injection and one other rebuilder. I don't remember the name. Sorry.

Just installed one of those yesterday in about 2 hours. :whistle:

Midwest Fuel Injection just as good as Industrial Injection? I assume so if DAP is offering a 2 year warranty with it. I will likely order the one listed above with the 2 year warranty. Do I need to buy anything extra with it, or does it come with all that is needed to install? 

I just looked Industrial up, and looks like a winner to me:

VP44 II.JPG

Edited by Red Rambler
  • Like 1

Really wished I’d gone with @dieselautopower. My Bluechip pump cost me $2,000 with a two year warranty. Had to warranty it out a few months after installing it. Truck kept dying on me. You’ll need a puller to get the drive gear off. Some places will let you borrow one when you purchase their pump. Just return it with the pump core. 

20 hours ago, Red Rambler said:

Hello, I am in the market for an injection pump and have tried calling DAP, and tried texting also with no response. Does anybody know if the below pump is an Industrial Injection pump by chance? Thanks. 

63137137-CD5C-49FD-90AB-04DE53836C3E.png

Its from Midwest.  I recommend the 2 year pump as it gets new electronics.   Free shipping and return shipping on the core.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, dieselautopower said:

Its from Midwest.  I recommend the 2 year pump as it gets new electronics.   Free shipping and return shipping on the core.

Placing my order now for the 2 year warranty pump. Thanks! 

Almost ordered 2 VP's :doh:. Order # 85562. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I received my VP last week and it is now installed. Truck fired up after 15 seconds, after install. I was on my way to the gas station last time it cut out and died, before replacing my VP. 1/4 tank of gas is what it has in it now. My truck is running now but has died a couple of times. It died when backing up a slight incline. I am thinking I am having issues with the pickup tube in my tank. Maybe a crack or something plugged. It would cut out and die after cornering/turning. I have never had 1/4 tank issues like I have read about. What else can be checked? 

3 minutes ago, 01cummins4ever said:

It sounds like the symptoms of the 1/4 tank issue, what is the fuel pressure reading when it does this? 

Fuel pressure is steady 16, but drops once cornering/going uphill then it creates the issues for replacing VP. Stutters and dies, and fuel pressure drops as its a crank driven fuel pump. 

10 minutes ago, 01cummins4ever said:

It sounds like the symptoms of the 1/4 tank issue, what is the fuel pressure reading when it does this? 

What is the normal solution for the 1/4 tank issue? Is it caused by a cracked pickup tube normally? 

Edited by Red Rambler

Normal solution is to drop the tank and replace the pick up tube with a draw straw, Also since your running the fuel boss I would check the bypass valve and make sure it’s not hanging up, and letting all the fuel pressure go back to the tank instead of the VP. just take it off and disassemble it and clean it real good, 

Sometimes the fuel sending. Unit could be reading false too, it could read 14 tank on the gauge and in reality your tank could be close to empty 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 01cummins4ever said:

Normal solution is to drop the tank and replace the pick up tube with a draw straw, Also since your running the fuel boss I would check the bypass valve and make sure it’s not hanging up, and letting all the fuel pressure go back to the tank instead of the VP. just take it off and disassemble it and clean it real good, 

Sometimes the fuel sending. Unit could be reading false too, it could read 14 tank on the gauge and in reality your tank could be close to empty 

Thanks sir. I will for sure check my check valve also. I am thinking it’s the pickup tube in some fashion. When it’s running good it has the normal fuel boss pressure of 16 idle, and up to 19 as rpm increases. 

30 minutes ago, dripley said:

Fill it up and see if that eliminates the problem until tank is low again.

Yes, that’s my next thing. Just half afraid to take off to the gas station for fear of it quitting on me. Gonna get my 5 gallon jug for now and cruise close to the house at first. 

So, pretty sure I have figured out the issue all along. Since truck has been running fine, however today it quit and would not fire back. Gauge said 1/4 tank. Put 2.5 gallons in, truck reads just above 1/2 tank. Pretty sure all along truck has been borderline just out of fuel. So gauge was not reading accurately all along. Pretty frustrating honestly, but it is what it is. Got a new VP and will be getting a new sender as well. Has anybody had good luck with using the vulcan sending unit? I do not have an in tank pump. Below is the entire sending unit that I am considering. Going to replace it since I will have to pull it out of the tank anyways. 

http://www.vulcanperformance.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=MFM2OE

B84BCA13-F5BA-46D3-B678-39CCC76033F2.jpeg.72517e99f5110f024d5250fdc9bf774f.jpeg

Edited by Red Rambler

28 minutes ago, dripley said:

i have had one for 9 or ten years. It is the same one that Dodge installed when my OE lift pump died. It only has the factory connections and you will have to modify some to fit your fuel system unless it is stock also. 

The one I linked to doesn’t have a pump. It’s the version that doesn’t come with the in tank pump. Which is what I have now, my pump is still mounted on the block. Are you saying you have the in tank lift pump? 

16 hours ago, Red Rambler said:

The one I linked to doesn’t have a pump. It’s the version that doesn’t come with the in tank pump. Which is what I have now, my pump is still mounted on the block. Are you saying you have the in tank lift pump? 

What you linked should work for you, but if you plan to update to a 1/2" lines then the 3/8 fitting gets drilled out and replaced with different bulkhead, at least that's how mine is. If you're going to use your factory lines that go to your sending unit now that module will work fine.

• Thanks 1