• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

quad and emissions test?

Hey, just got a quick question about the quadzilla and emissions testing for anyone that might know, I'm sure it's been covered somewhere but??

Just got a emissions test notice in the mail, I live in the big city of Boise Id. were I guess they need all the extra revenue they can get! (At least it's not Cali. ....yet!)

Anyhow, first year with the quad, is there anything special I need to do, or a particular setting to satisfy the test?

Set to stock? Does it even matter?

Do they even care it's on there?

Just some questions I hadn't really considered till now.

Thanks!

you can just set to lvl 1 and set your tune valet mode power level to %80-%90 that should be %100 clean with 50 hp injectors.  emissions testers shouldn't care about the quad I would just pull the screen out of the cab so they are none the wiser. 

Edited by Me78569

34 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

you can just set to lvl 1 and set your tune valet mode power level to %80-%90 that should be %100 clean with 50 hp injectors.  emissions testers shouldn't care about the quad I would just pull the screen out of the cab so they are none the wiser. 

Thanks, will do!

Our emissions in the uk are stricter than yours ( not sure about cali)

Have to have the vehicles inspected every year (MOT) anyway I don't drive often with a screen because of theiving toerags, I just took it and left it on 3  didn't just pass the guy jokingly asked if it was running it was that clean, he said it was cleaner than most .

They also are not so familiar with how the truck is put together and he never notices the quad

• Like 1

My truck with 7 x .009 injectors and hte he351ve and the smarty at %50 power mode ran something like ~18% opacity and put down ~80 hp.   The tech gave me a wanring saying something was wrong and I should take it someplace.    I said " yea its and old truck, its prob time for injectors"

next year I was on 7 x .012's with the he351ve and the quad.  I ran my daily tune on lvl 3, it put down ~375 hp at %11 opacity.   

once you have a good tune you can just leave it for testing, but valet mode does make it nearly impossible to fail an emissions test.

• Like 1

• Staff
7 hours ago, wil440 said:

Our emissions in the uk are stricter than yours ( not sure about cali)

Have to have the vehicles inspected every year (MOT) anyway

Here in the US every state has their own inspection policy for which and how often vehicles are tested as well as the minimum passing standards and testing protocols.

Here in California emission testing interval is controlled by the postal zip code the vehicle is registered in.  If the zip code is in an urban area then emission testing is required every 2 years; if in a rural area then only when vehicle is sold.   There is no vehicle safety inspection required here in CA but other states due.   So, here in CA we can drive smog free cars with bald tires and bad ball joints.     

• Haha 1

• Owner

For Idaho there are counties starting to do more diesel testing like Ada County, Canyon County, etc. But currently Adam's County does not do any emissions testing yet. Back when I talked to the last smog station in Boise they only do opacity test and that's all. Gas engines only check for any OBDII errors. No visual inspection.

Here every vehicle is inspected and emissions tested every year, HGV is inspected every 6 weeks this is 7.5ton and over, Police can and do pull vehicles and inspect.

On our MOT inspection the slightest play in a ball joint is a fail, slight corrosion on a brake pipe, etc etc.

Emissions is strict for newer vehicles buy not bad for older stuff AT THE MOMENT

2 hours ago, wil440 said:

Here every vehicle is inspected and emissions tested every year, HGV is inspected every 6 weeks this is 7.5ton and over, Police can and do pull vehicles and inspect.

On our MOT inspection the slightest play in a ball joint is a fail, slight corrosion on a brake pipe, etc etc.

Emissions is strict for newer vehicles buy not bad for older stuff AT THE MOMENT

That's insane! I guess the "people in charge" won't be happy until only the elite can afford to drive vehicles and everyone else is either using mass transit or walking!

Our fearless leader is shutting down the gas and oil industry with no alternatives.

And I wish people would wake up and realize electric is not the answer!

Not sure what is, but??

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I laugh about the shut down on gas and diesel. I wonder what they plan on lubrication for moving parts in electric vehicles... whale blubber again or what?

There’s an abundant supply of whale blubber in Washington DC! 

• Haha 1

• Staff

They can shut it all down but, no one will enforce it. The Gov't is out of touch with reality. Not many work or run a business so they too far left and off the wall that they will be left behind placing restrictions and fines while the rest of us ignore the insanity and work and do good like always. It will be civil disobedience to such a scale as never seen before with no way to enforce their craziness.

BTW, I vote wil440 to be our leader. :thumbup2:

Edited by JAG1

1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

They can shut it all down but, no one will enforce it. The Gov't is out of touch with reality. Not many work or run a business so they too far left and off the wall that they will be left behind placing restrictions and fines while the rest of us ignore the insanity and work and do good like always. It will be civil disobedience to such a scale as never seen before with no way to enforce their craziness.

Right on bro.^^

BTW, how'd we ever let the govt. Take control of our fuel anyhow?!! Can't help but feel a bit nervous about the price per gallon by the time the puppet has his way.

• Like 1

• Staff
49 minutes ago, dieseldon said:

BTW, how'd we ever let the govt. Take control of our fuel anyhow?!!

Like the frog in a pot of slowly heating water the government over time created these departments, agencies, and commissions to 'make life better for us'.   

To name a few:

DOE...Department of Energy

DOC...Department of Commerce

DOI...Department of the Interior

EPA...Environmental Protection Agency

FERC...Federal Energy Regulatory Commission

TYTDA...Tax You to Death Agency

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dieseldon said:
4 hours ago, JAG1 said:

The only civil  disobedience here is students and climate change activists marching cos it ain't happening fast enough, here we have next to no charge points and if there were the electrical infastructure is not up to it.

Here they want you to plug into your house when you can so the grid can then use the power in YOUR batteries to power other homes

I'm just glad I'm old enough not to give a sh~~ I'd hate to be into cars and aged 30 as that door will be firmly shut in the next few years

• Staff
6 hours ago, wil440 said:

Wil, I know they cannot shut down real cars/trucks in next few years. They need a new sources of electricity and will take 50 yrs to get to the level of infrastructure needed to support everyone. There simply is not enough electrical sources to substitute oil. Nuclear waste, battery waste are all problems that will run to an overwhelming scale. They ain't getting rid of us greasers any time soon.

• Like 1