• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Glue remover

• Staff

Before I sent my truck off for body and paint work I took all the rain deflectors, moldings badges and decals off.    I tried Goof Off and Goo Be one to get the adhesive off.   It took me about an hour to take the adhesive from the right door rain gutter off.   I thought " this sucks, there's got to be and easier way"; went to a body shop to find out how they did it.  3M strip off wheel.  I bought one from Amazon Prime for the next day delivery.   The left door rain gutter adhesive removed in 3 minutes and about 5 minutes to do that black decal.  Took about 2 hours to do the rest of the truck with no damage to the paint.  Directions say to slowly move the wheel over the surface with the drill motor on low speed so not to burn the paint.   There are other brands that are cheaper.

1_a6dcbcff-d361-4e3c-90d8-80141de82fdf_400x400.png.91b185e8a81d0152c48260de53e4f923.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

Before I sent my truck off for body and paint work I took all the rain deflectors, moldings badges and decals off.    I tried Goof Off and Goo Be one to get the adhesive off.   It took me about an hour to take the adhesive from the right door rain gutter off.   I thought " this sucks, there's got to be and easier way"; went to a body shop to find out how they did it.  3M strip off wheel.  I bought one from Amazon Prime for the next day delivery.   The left door rain gutter adhesive removed in 3 minutes and about 5 minutes to do that black decal.  Took about 2 hours to do the rest of the truck with no damage to the paint.  Directions say to slowly move the wheel over the surface with the drill motor on low speed so not to burn the paint.   There are other brands that are cheaper.

1_a6dcbcff-d361-4e3c-90d8-80141de82fdf_400x400.png.91b185e8a81d0152c48260de53e4f923.png

Thanks! Do you need to heat anything or just go at it? 

I will confirm what IBmobile says, those work great, I used them to change out decals on semi trucks at work, just be careful not to burn the paint, I can usually get them at the local car quest or Napa since they carry body shop supplies. If you do start to burn the paint a heat gun and a good razor blade helps too 

My son wraps vehicles for a living and they use the wheels and use other methods already mentioned here. He is fortunate that most of the vehicle are fairly new and all that adhesive is not baked like our older trucks. I was at his shop a few weeks ago doing something else to my truck and I asked him what to remove the stuff from my old glue on vent visors. He gave something that I dont remember what was and plastic razor blade. It was working for me but slowly. He took it away from me and got a real single edge razor blade and took both sides of in 10 minutes and not one scratch in paint that was under the adhesive. Nothing like watching a professional at  work.

And on a side note I replaced my broken visors with Weather Tech slip in visors. No comparison to the others. A bit pricey but so far I can see no down side to them. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

@dripley, mind tossing up a photo of the vent visors? Or pm.. Trying not to threadjack too much.. My vent visors are unattached halfway up the a-pillar. Just wondering how they look.

I can tomorrow when the suns back up. They look very similar just mounted a touch lower since they are in the window track and not the door. Took longer to get them out of the box than to install them. My old ones just started breaking as they got brittle. Some of the adhesive started letting go too.

Dont worry about the thread jack, we'll just blame @JAG1 he's good at it.:whistle:

• Staff
5 hours ago, dripley said:

I can tomorrow when the suns back up. They look very similar just mounted a touch lower since they are in the window track and not the door. Took longer to get them out of the box than to install them. My old ones just started breaking as they got brittle. Some of the adhesive started letting go too.

Dont worry about the thread jack, we'll just blame @JAG1 he's good at it.:whistle:

At 69 I have decided it's time to act more responsibly :tease: IBMobile is also teaching me how to be a gentleman :punish:

Edited by JAG1
  • Haha 3