• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Turbo Compressor Dirt

"Livin' that BOAF life."

The highest pitches coming from the turbo are extra annoying now. I may have to cut up a (metal due to heat?) 5 gallon bucket or something to see if I can attenuate that ruckus.

• Owner
1 hour ago, LorenS said:

"Livin' that BOAF life."

The highest pitches coming from the turbo are extra annoying now. I may have to cut up a (metal due to heat?) 5 gallon bucket or something to see if I can attenuate that ruckus.

Wait till you upgrade turbos and there is no silencer ring option, then BHAF added then it just there you can't reduce the noise very much.

Installed my new filter today, fits good. It didn't help my turbo whine tho, same as before. This new turbo is quiet:( The exhaust brake rumble might be just a tad louder.

Looks like my oem was working good, compressor wheel is still shinny. It was due tho, 1 year and 24k miles of a lot of dirt roads.

0504210908.jpg.0855b338b0e62d83fb97290faf8bc382.jpg0504211140.jpg.8b6d1e480b40721f9314bb18c77d3661.jpg0504211140a.jpg.44bcbce5bcf704f3340de50114d649e0.jpg

• Staff
On 4/29/2021 at 10:05 AM, LorenS said:

Here is an article @Tractorman did on making the BHAF a little bit quieter.

https://mopar1973man.com/cummins/articles.html/24-valve-2nd-generation_50/51_engine/air-exhaust_56/bhaf-muffler-uhh-r612/

6 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

Did your filter minder show that it was dirty? I ask because I wonder if they really work. Mine hasn't moved a bit since I bought the truck.

They do work but it takes a good amount of dust to trip one, on road I doubt one filter through the entire life of the truck would trip it, dusty conditions yes but filter more than likely changed before it trips anyway.

The newer electrical sensors work but probably too well and some can be a right pain

• Staff
4 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Put the filter minder to your lips and lightly suck on the filter minder nipple

There's a joke there but I'll let it go. 🤣

I wasn't sure if they were reliable just because I've never seen mine move. I have seen them work on big trucks (18 wheelers and such) but not my dodge. Not yet at least 

• Haha 2