• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Need help with tune or injectors

Morning all,

I've been having some issues with my daily tune for my Quadzilla. I have +50hp injectors that are 4 yrs/20k miles old and have had the Quad for about 2 years now. I can't seem to tune out the smoke In the 0-5 psi area on tip in acceleration. Cruising is clean and at 0-3 psi but anytime I'm hitting a small hill or pulling out onto a road and getting onto it there's a decent haze its not a black out but its enough to be confused/concerned about. It doesn't seem to clean up until 15ish psi. I don't know if pop pressure would be low or if my injectors are a bad set. Also I could have sworn I saw @dieselautopower mention that they updated their injectors to be cleaner semi-recently. Understand that I'm not looking for free replacement or anything, I got them in 2017, mine are out of warranty as far as I know. I am just looking for info right now. 

I have been running a 90% start to the fuel table, plus 1 each PSI until 10 then 100% flat from 10-15 then +2 from 15-20 psi, then plus +4 from 22-30+. (previous to noon today)

Maybe I have my timing messed up?

At lunch I'm gonna try the tune below.

Daily

Power Levels: 6

RPM Limit: 3200

Max Valet Mode Power: 70%

Max Fuel Stretch: 1200 us

TPS Pump Max: 100%

TPS Pump Min: 0%

Minimum Pump Tap: 0%

Pump Low Boost Scale PSI: 20 PSI

Boost Scaling: 40 PSI

Max Load Timing Offset: 1°

Low PSI Timing Reduct: 5°

Timing Reduct Scaling: 50%

Light Throttle Timing Adv: 6°

Light Throttle Load Limit: 24%

RPM Timing Max:

1500: 14

2000: 18.5

2500: 23

3000: 27.5

Max: 30

Canbus fueling:

0 - 15 PSI: 85-100% (+1)

16-20 PSI: 102-108% (+2)

22-30+ PSI: 112-128% (+4)

What’s the Quad showing your engine load at idle? 0-2 the pop pressure is more than likely to low. Try moving your timing reduction load to 3 or 4 . I have mine set so it doesn’t drop below 13 degrees. 50% at 3 degrees. 

• 1 month later...

Opening this up back up, finally got a chance to test for boost leaks and I had mine up to about 20-23 psi before the pipe was starting to slip out of the coupler regardless of the wood trying to hold it in or not. I couldn't hear any large leaks but I didn't use the soapy water to check.

I'm starting to 5s in my engine load for quadzilla as well. Unfortunately, I didn't have the quad when I put the 50s in originally so I'm dealing with half missing info.      

• Owner

Even with my wastegate hose disconnected and open and remove one intake manifold bolt I was still able to hit 40 to 45 PSI of boost on my 2002 Dodge. Boost leaks that are so small that you can't hear them don't count. In my example I created a massive leak you can here but it still wasn't enough to make the EGT's skyrocket.

• 1 month later...

Well I fixed part of my problem.. I have an Amsoil dry filter that I have had and have been neglecting to blow out... well at my pull this past weekend I decided to pull the intake off and go with open turbo (I was starting to collapse the filter (hint #1)). While the filter was out I tapped it out to see what would come out.. it was a lot. After I got the filter back on and got back home, the next time I used the truck, a good portion of the down low smoke was gone, probably say about 50%. But its still smoking at 85% of stock fueling with 50s. 

My reminder to always check the really simple stuff first... :doh: feel like a bone head on this one.  

I just got this one has mesh inside too just in case.

https://www.amazon.com/Baldwin-PA2820-Air-Element/dp/B001JQTI2K/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Baldwin+PA2820&qid=1632406475&sr=8-3

For next time I change a filter which may be few years down the road, but as things are starting to get a bit hard to come by I figured it can sit on the shelf for a while.