• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Nationwide Weather

• Staff
2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

It cooled off so much here I've got my heat pump running today its only 64F outside now. Raining just a spit here and there. I've already headed to McCall and Lake Fork this morning and then back into Riggins. Even my rain gauge on my weather tower shows ZERO inches... 

Better shut off the heat pump and get warm by splittin' firewood Mike. Unusual as things are the last 18 mos., we could be in for a real freezer coming. Think insulation, pipes, kindling, food stocked up and truck all maintained.

We have a tree down going onto the neighbors property. Tomorrow we cut that up and split another pile that's been layin for awhile. We are doing it now because we could have an early fall with possible rains and won't be able to get in there if it's wet.

Edited by JAG1

Shorter term weather, getting the edges of hurricane fred's remnants today, then Sunday is up in the air with another hurricane possibly hitting us. Usually would go a couple years between hurricanes, but we might have two in two years. Granted one was closer to tropical storm, but it ran right up the the coast an maintained shape pretty much right up the Hudson River.

On the non humid nights we've hit 58-59°F for over night lows already. With the clouds and humidity last night stayed at 75 and was Florida humid this morning. 

• Staff

We have had a couple mornings in the high 40’s, but still not running the house heat. The low temp feels great with the windows open. 

We’ve done a little camping in the Stanley area over the last month and every night is mid-low 30’s, with the lowest being 31 on the night of 22July. 

9 minutes ago, AH64ID said:

with the windows open

I can't even remember the last year I opened a window. I'm certain it wasn't in 40 degree weather, though.

Around here maybe a few days per year is it not too hot, cold, humid, or allergy laden. Dew point today was around 77⁰. The low may hit upper 60’s, but 99-100 humidity. I'm not sure how people survive Louisiana unless they grow gills.

• Staff

We normally have the windows open at night more days of the year than not, even in the dead of winter we will crack it for some fresh air. 

This summer sucks thou, we’ve been too hot most nights. In a normal year there are maybe 10 days that are too hot to open windows at bedtime. This year it’s been weeks on end, so now that it’s cold enough the smoke it thick. Screw the smoke, the window is being opened. 

Welp, tomorrow we are getting our first hurricane in 30 years. Sandy and Irene both were tropical storms at land fall. Storm track is right up into CT then over towards New York then out towards Maine. Might be away between the fire dept and no power.. Final storm prep today then early morning the hurricane starts hitting.. If it land falls as a cat 1 like its predicted to, 74 mph minimum sustained winds.. we arent used to that.. 60+mph gusts are one thing but sustained is another.. 2-5 ft storm surge too in Long Island Sound. My town is inland from the sound but right on the CT River. Including some parts that are barely a foot above average high tide. Add on top of that 6 to 12 inches of rain.. 

All i know is Monday is going to be interesting..

Survived the hurricane. Everything they were warning about never really materialized. It rained, it was breezy, and that was about it where I was. Didn't travel to see where the water came up to for the surge. Over in Rhode Island I think the surge was worse along with the wind. Still dealing with the remains as they are continuing to rotate through.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Gloria - this is what the weather people were comparing Henri to. Isaias last year gave us more problems, windier storm however. 

• Thanks 1

• Staff

Our temperatures have cooled considerably. So nice to go out and actually feel like accomplishing things... able to breath etc. It was so hot for so long I had to irrigate every nite just to keep trees along the road happy. Some where scorched from the 116 temps and not much rain (5.8 inches) since March. Highly unusual. Anyhow it rained for about a half hour last Saturday morning about 4 am. So nice to finally hear that... I wondered what the noise was for a moment until I realized. It was really great.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't catch a break, getting the remains of Ida tonight into tomorrow.

@JAG1, forecasts are saying anywhere from 3-5 to 6-10 inches of rain, falling between midnight and noon tomorrow. I'm gonna be getting your to date rain fall in 12 hours or less. If I could send your state some of this rain I would, and spread it out over a few days.

Unfortunately, I have sled pull Friday evening, hopefully the fair that its at drains well enough and we don't have a mud bog again. Got stuck in the parking lot a couple of times last weekend due to rain, and not great tires for mud. Track was taken care of though.