• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Nationwide Weather

How's everyone doing weather wise?

I used to follow the nationwide stuff a bit closer but have since fallen off. And I don't watch the news because its just negative B.S.

CT had an EF0 tornado yesterday (07-18-21). And we are stuck in a shitty weather pattern. We had the more sun this past Saturday, for the shoreline areas, than in the last week-two weeks. Been cloudy, 80s-90s, with dew points around 70-75°F, then severe torrential downpours and thunderstorms for most days. Some areas Saturday picked up 5-6" of rain alone. All the rain formed mid-state and above.

I know Mike (@Mopar1973Man) has been in the 110s and up, is that normal for you guys?

Also, has anyone seen any patterns for winters after summers like this?

Not trying to start the climate change argument here either.      

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

been a REALLY weird summer so far.  Today was the first day we have had rain in numerous weeks.  

we had to stop clearing slash due to a burn ban.....in upper minnesota....nutso.

Two things..

One: What is slash? guessing underbrush..

Two: I think New England took your rain.. The numbers just came in. From July 1st to today, July 19th my area has received almost 6 inches of rain. In the same period central New England has received almost 16 inches of rain. But Cape Cod and Nantucket barely got an inch in the same time period.

Our genius politicians here in Commiefornia let most of our rain water flow back into the ocean in the Bay Area. Most of our days have been 100 -111. We past a bond years ago to build more dams but nothing done. But we are 70+ billion in a train to no where. The only things that have rights here are criminals, illegal aliens and animals. Here in Ca they all can vote to. 

• Sad 2

• Staff
1 hour ago, Threadzy said:

We past a bond years ago to build more dams but nothing done.

I remember back in the late 70's there was a drought and there was water restrictions and there have been several droughts since then. The last major dam built in Cali was 1979. 

Do you think they stopped building homes, condos, or apartments...NO.  They say "people need a place to live"  I say fine let them live some where else.

It's the same with electricity here; not enough power during high demand times so the state has a "Flex Alert" for people to conserve power by setting the AC to 80, turn off all non essential appliances, and (here is my favorite)  don't charge your electric cars.  In my county in the past few years the closed two oil fired power plants along with two nuclear power reactors and replaced them with a few wind turbines. 

This is the stuff 3ed world countries are made of.  Well they got what they voted for.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

setting the AC to 80, turn off all non essential appliances, and (here is my favorite)  don't charge your electric cars. 

Setting the AC to 80... :lmao::umno:

Thats just not right.. 

What is deemed unnecessary appliances?

Don't charge your electric cars that you have fought tooth and nail for? Oh the irony...

• Staff

How many you guys gettin' the Vaccine? So far I haven't because they don't know if there are any long term side effects. Plus while testing random unvaccinated people in Vancouver B.C., they found 40-50 % of those tested were already naturally immune to the virus. Don't know about the Variant though.

• Staff
29 minutes ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

What is deemed unnecessary appliances?

postpone using heat-producing appliances like the oven, dishwasher, clothes washer, and dryer

my mistake, it's 78° for the AC all so turn off all unnecessary lights, use fans for cooling, and unplug unused items.

• Sad 1

• Staff
1 minute ago, IBMobile said:

postpone using heat-producing appliances like the oven, dishwasher, clothes washer, and dryer

my mistake, it's 78° for the AC all so turn off all unnecessary lights, use fans for cooling, and unplug unused items.

If you do have a light on do they dim when a neighbor plugs in for a charge :duh:

• Staff
3 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

So far I haven't because they don't know if there are any long term side effects.

I heard on the radio news tonight that 49% of the people in the hospital with Coronavirus had been immunized.  You better keep wearing that face diaper.

13 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

How many you guys gettin' the Vaccine

Not this guy or my family. It’s actually an experimental drug for use under emergency authorization usage. Not FDA approved. I’m not going to be part of an experiment. The Moderna supposedly gives you  95% immunity. Funny how vaccinated people are still getting covid.   Most people have a 98.9x chance of survival rate with their own immune system. Higher the younger one is.  It’s been proven hydrachloriquin and Iburvectim  (sure I spelled both those wrong)   ,have been out for many years, and works to  stop covid. Also funny how flu deaths almost completely disappeared. If you go on the CDC website you can see the death rate from about 2015-2020 were all close to the same numbers.  But hey this is America. If you want to take an experimental drug and or wear a mask go for it!  

• Like 2

• Staff
1 hour ago, Threadzy said:

It’s actually an experimental drug for use under emergency authorization usage. Not FDA approved.

How much money is the drug companies making from the government with complete immunity from liability on an unproven/general population tested product.  A sweet deal. 

• Like 1

• Staff
5 hours ago, IBMobile said:

How much money is the drug companies making from the government with complete immunity from liability on an unproven/general population tested product.  A sweet deal. 

You got that right. Stockholders doing well too I imagine and perhaps a ton of conflicted interests therein. I don't trust the whole situation. The stats show the same death rate for many flu seasons already experienced. They say 600,000 have died in the US with a population of 315 million people, that divides out to 6 people per 525. That is a small percentage and is comparable to many of flu seasons in the past.

I am sorry about getting off the subject of weather I couldn't resist asking for thoughts on the Vaccine.

Our weather in Oregon in spring is usually heavy to light showers with big dark clouds, hail, thunder, wind the whole gamut but, the last three years were not like that. Rain has diminished and the amount of energy in each of the storms have been significantly weakened. We have had so little rain I'm irrigating 75-95 yr old trees, along with the younger ones to help them along. Hoping our weather comes back it is very dry and fireworks were banned.

Edited by JAG1