• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Winter weather - What do you see where your at?

Mopar1973Man

• Staff
2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Yup, you are absolutely right. Yeah there is things I wanted to do and now I'm gearing up this spring catching up with @JAG1 and @IBMobile for there camp trip.

Now I have no one to answer to but me. Time to be a bit selfish. I've earned the right too.

Bring mountain Bike and fishing pole or else :punish:

Oh yeah, subject we're supposed to be on... We been having lots of dry days and unfortunately Our drought is coming back along with the rest of the west. Nights are cold, days are getting close to 50's for a high.

Edited by JAG1

This Wednesday we're finally supposed to get several inches of snow in Kansas City.  I'll be in Los Angeles Tuesday to Friday afternoon, but the snow will be waiting for me as the temps are supposed to be in the single digits.  It was nearly 50 here today, sunny and calm!  Almost balmy...

It was single digits here on earlier this week or last - I can't remember which.  And it was colder up in Iowa, one morning was -2 when I went to start my little VW TDI, and it almost didn't start, even with one of those lithium ion jump packs.  Battery was fine, but the original starter with 193k miles didn't like the cold.  Clutch/drive whatever just worn out.  New NAPA reman starter and it's a world of difference, just leaps to life in the morning.

Update from our storm this past Saturday.. my town got about 13 inches, but some towns in eastern Mass got 30 inches.. Combined with the winds there were supposedly 10 foot snow drifts in places.. 

Then this week we might warm up to almost 50 but get 1-2 inches of rain with it. that rain is going nowhere. We've had too many days below 25°F before the storm and saw two of our coldest nights of the year at 0°F and 4°F since Saturday..

@Max Tune I wonder if that storm is the one that's hitting us on Friday.. or going to be part of at least.. 

• Like 1

• Staff

I was camping in the Canadian Rocky Mountains one October. It started snowing the morning we were to leave for home. Only it was coming down in fist size chunks and snowed 6 inches in one hour. We hurried up to get out of there and the snow stopped, it was a beautiful day while heading south. I'll never forget the amount of snow coming down that morning.

Edited by JAG1