• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New injectors on the way.....

• Staff

I finally pulled the trigger. My injectors are stock original as far as I know with 165k on them. Been noticing the idle creeping up a bit more lately, 0% engine load at idle and doesn't feel as crisp as it used to. 

So, called @dieselautopowerand talked to Jacob, explained what I have, how I use the truck and future plans. After a great conversation placed an order for a set of 7x0.009 VCO injectors. Looking forward to installing them to see the difference. 

• Like 3

• Staff

@Threadzy, I'm already considering an adrenaline. I want to do gauges to but in weighing options I would get gauges on the adrenaline as well as all the tuning features. Not to mention it would really help take advantage of the new injectors.

I have to admit, I am intimidated by how complicated they seem to be. I have never had one but I do read some of the posts about them and it all seems to be over my head. 

It would be nice to be able to change tunes when going from daily driving to towing or if I just want the extra power for some reason (or no reason for that matter) and maybe an mpg tune with today's fuel prices.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

I would get gauges on the adrenaline

If you go this route I strongly recommend using an old phone dedicated strictly to this to leave your phone available for all the other things like navigation. Of course, this is also why I recently bought a Garmin - never failed someone would call RIGHT when I needed guidance to my destination, and even via Bluetooth messed up the screen so I'd miss my turn.

I have an Adrenaline and hardly ever open the app so would like to add a boost gauge.

• Like 1

• Staff
35 minutes ago, LorenS said:

If you go this route I strongly recommend using an old phone dedicated strictly to this to leave your phone available for all the other things like navigation

If I had a decent place to mount it a small tablet would be great. Like maybe a 7" screen. It'd be easy to see and read at a glance.

How does the adrenaline hook up to the phone? Via Bluetooth or USB cord? 

• Owner

New radio heads are both WiFi for Apple products or Bluetooth for Android. Personally Android has the least amount of problems which Apple product typically have issue importing tunes and getting the radio head to hook up. Android, I've never had anyone call with a problem.

Me, I normally don't run my Quadzilla display unless tweaking a tune or building tunes. Other than that I just use the a-pillar gauges (Boost, Fuel Pressure, and EGT's) Boost reading on the Quadzilla are only accurate below 25 PSI above is skewed badly. You are not required to keep a display going like Edge Tuner or Smarty Touch. Quadzilla can be ran headless.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

Hmm, what to do what to do

If I could go back in time and do it all over again, I'd buy the triple A-pillar mount when I bought my first gauge.  I bought the double instead, thinking I didn't want that "look at all my gauges" look, or if I sold the truck a buyer might think I was some kind of hot-rodder and likely tore up the truck.  They make filler plugs for the holes you don't use.

Here's the triple with the door tweeter:

https://www.genosgarage.com/product/gm-dg-17205/gauge-mounts1

Since fuel pressure monitoring is so important (even if just a dummy light), that was the first gauge I bought.  Of course, at the time I believe the combination gauge of boost and EGT was still available at a reasonable price, and had planned to buy one of those.

• Staff

That's what I was planning before I started thinking more about a quad. I may just stay on track and start getting gauges once the injectors are in. Baby steps......

The injectors showed up today already! Had to go buy an in/lbs torque wrench and crowsfoot wrenches to do the job tomorrow.

20220429_163407.jpg.b617e058e9348d82e9da6672d5c0287f.jpg

• Like 2

• Staff

I was thinking something very close to that. Probably not isspro gauges though. They're great but a bit spendy. For now just need something to monitor things. 

I want to start on the injectors tomorrow morning. 

Any last minute pointers? Any new info I should know? I have read mopar1973man's article on changing them once already. Probably reread it again in the morning over coffee.

• Staff
1 minute ago, IBMobile said:

Oh, yeah! I did watch it, all 3 parts. Very good! I'll re watch those as well. I've done only 1 set diesel injectors on a ford tractor but that's all the diesel mechanical experience I have so far. 

• Staff
20 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

is there a coating of some kind on the valve cover? I

Clean with brake cleaner then soap (Dawn) and water, let dry.

22 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

Is there a "fast" way to paint it?

Rattle can, mask off what you don't want painted.   Pink or lavender are nice colors.

• Haha 3