• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How hot are you?

• Staff
5 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Too hot to be out in the heat.

Last year I rolled up to a job, it was as hot as your wife when you come home after being out with the guys till 3 in the morning, dam hot.  I took out my infrared thermometer and check the temp on the side of the house in the shade, 108°F.  I went to the front door and rang the doorbell, Owner answered the door where I inform him it's just too hot to work, "I'll be back another day". 

16 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I'm shut down till heat wave settles down.

I'll trade humidity levels for a few days!  A dew point of 52.6 would very VERY welcome!

Can't tell you the last time we had 59 for the low, I'm happy when it gets below 70. Went outside with a hammer and got condensation like a cold beer. Not sure how anyone survives in Louisiana or east Texas. Sweat only works when it can evaporate.

It's been "nice" here for about a week, but I see we'll be back near 100 later this week, and still humid.

Edited by LorenS
  • Like 1

• Staff

It got to 95 around here yesterday. Feels like 110 at my age cutting hauling firewood. Got what would fill 2 large wheel barrows and had to quit. Each day our highs bounce 95 to 101 but, each night's lows are going higher. While cutting I noticed still a lot of ground moisture.

Edited by JAG1

About 3 weeks ago here in the UK the temp record was smashed in Conisby Lincolnshire at 40.3c or 104.54f

The UK has never been over 40C EVER, highest before was 39.3C I think, it built up over a week or so and for JUST 2 days it was horrible

UK weather in the summer is usually in the mid to high twenties

We are due for more this week but not quite so hot

• Staff
4 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

The past few days here it's been at or close to 90°f which is somewhat normal for August but the humidity has been very high, more than normal. Today's forecast is 88° and rain/storms. At the time of this post (6:20am) it's 73° and 98% humidity and raining. 

We were 95 yesterday. Keeping records starting 1890 of the number of days in each decade at 100 and above we have increased from an average of 1-3 days every decade to an average of 12 every decade. So far with less than 3 years into the new decade, of the 2020's, we have had 8 days already. Pretty convincing with these temperatures and droughts everywhere, we are seeing a drier and hotter planet. But, the Bible says in the last days not to be concerned over the 'whole Earth' like many will become during those times.

Edited by JAG1

• Staff

Yesterday evening we had some storms roll through due to the heat and humidity.  Our power was out for a few hours so we moved out to the camper and fired up the generator to avoid the heat. A/C in the camper works great. Took our T-mobile wifi thing and the Roku stick and watched a couple movies. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

So far we broke records for being the hottest month ever and still got 7 days to go. Never seen native plants dried up and dying in the shade like I did yesterday. We sure do have climate change, sorry you guys, I am not a walking tax, spend piece of inflation legislation animal either. I know who's really in control. I try to say prayers each day/ night.

• Staff

Interesting anomaly... the pacific ocean right now has abnormally high water temperatures all thru the eastern Pacific. Possibly never seen to this extent, all up and down the Alaskan coastline, Canada, U.S. and Mexico. Predictions are that drought conditions continue thru Fall and winter.