• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I finally installed a fuel pressure gauge in my truck. Now I'm wondering what normal operating pressure is. I have an Air Dog 150 and my pressure runs around 18-20. When I get on it, it goes down to about 16 - 18. At start up when the pump cycles it goes to 20. Is that too much? And if so how can I turn the AirDog down?I also noticed today that it was jumping around between 18 - 20 at idle.Lucky

Could not agree more, pressure is normal for new 150 pump. Mine and everyone I know has experinced a slight drop in pressure after a short period of time. Mine is now at 16 idle and 14 wot.The spring gets a little weak and or the ball gets stuck around the spring where it seats.

• Like 1

you say it is jumpiing around a little at idle. do you have the fp connected thru an isolater or needle valve. if it is not air bubbles you could be experiancing some water hammer on the gauge which could kill it prematuraly. the pressures all look good though.

I finally got my gauges installed yesterday. Airdog 150 has been on my truck for about 10 months now and I had 13 at idle. Found the ball had stuck in the spring dropping my pressure. Had to add a washer to both keep the ball out of the spring and to get the psi a little higher. Now at 17 idle and 15 WOT.

• 1 year later...

I finally got my gauges installed yesterday. Airdog 150 has been on my truck for about 10 months now and I had 13 at idle. Found the ball had stuck in the spring dropping my pressure. Had to add a washer to both keep the ball out of the spring and to get the psi a little higher. Now at 17 idle and 15 WOT.

hi there, i got a 150 air dog and my pressure is 14-15 idle 16 driving and 10-12 wot with qwad box turned up on stock level wot 12, i think it's a little too low, but then on the pump it says 15 psi shoul i put some washers in it, and which line is it that has ball and spring? thank you in advance! ps. when it gets cold here i lose about 2-3 psi all around but after driving a bit comes back up.

The line and fitting you need to take off is the return line from the air dog back to the tank. The spring and ball are behind that fitting. You don't want the fuel pressure going above 20 psi, but no lower than 14 both for the life of your vp44Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

The line and fitting you need to take off is the return line from the air dog back to the tank. The spring and ball are behind that fitting. You don't want the fuel pressure going above 20 psi, but no lower than 14 both for the life of your vp44 Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

i couldn't wait so i went outside and got lucky one the first try, took fitting off and here comes spring and ball. didn't realize it's plastic, there was imprint from sring on one end and another imprint from the side it closes on. i fliped it around to the other side , looked like had a better siling surface. and put a small washer in there, took it for a ride and now it's 20-22 at idle 18-19 driving normal, and with qwad turned up on custom tune drops to 15-16 wot and by that time it's starts to defuel itself. i guess i herd different story on max pressure some say 20 and others 25. i dont know if i should take washer out and send it down a bit or waight for things to sit in place. any thoughts?

Thanks for the advice, i'll weight a few weeks and see what it does, it does make me fell better now at wot before it would go to 8 and now stays 15-16, i'm starting to think maybe it wasn't just washer i added but could of been a small piece of crap on that ball and by flipping it around to a better surface it seals better. i thought that washer was to thin to make that kind of difference and i only used one and not tow like in these pictures. anyway thanks again:thumbup2: